Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2159666 11/17/08 11:21 AM
S
suamico Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Well, I am an admitted klutz but this weekend I ended up even surprising myself!
First let me try to explain how our bathroom is laid out. We have a roman tub. This is a 7 foot long, 5 foot wide, 2 foot deep tub made of all tile. It is a sunken tub. The edge of the tub is 4” higher than the floor and you step down into the tub. The toilet is less than a foot from the tub. We have a shower curtain that runs the length of the opening.

So around 2:30 AM Saturday morning while I was 1/2 asleep I went to use the bathroom. I am not sure exactly what happened but I think I lost my balance while pulling up my drawers and fell into the tub. The sad thing is this happened to me before about 6-9 months ago and I got a couple of bruises. I was not so lucky this time. I really don’t know if I lost consciousness or where/what I hit. I did feel a pain in the back of my head so I touched it and saw blood. So I wake up DH and I still don’t realize how bad I am hurt. I asked him to look at it. He was really great about it and cleaned me up. He said I would have to go to the hospital (again, he was calm not letting me know what he saw) I said can’t you just bandage it up or put in a couple of stitches? He has some medical back ground. Finally he said “honey this is way beyond what I can do.” He showed me what it looked like (just one spot) in the mirror. So I did agree to go to the hospital. In the end I found out it was 4-5 inches long, 1/4 inch wide and cut right to the bone (my skull). They did an MRI and everything looked fine. I ended up with 15 staples in my head. The Dr. said the wound was too deep and wide to use stitches. So I have to go back on Friday to get them out. THAT is going to hurt! I can’t believe I thought DH could just “fix it” I just wanted to go back to sleep. (Did I mention I can be stubborn when it comes to taking care of me?)
The next day I noticed my back near my tail bone hurt and I felt a big bump. That bump turned into a bruise in the exact shape as the tub spout and it hurts like heck. I have other bruises here and there but those 2 hurt the most.

So I am off to find a shower door for my bathroom!

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
B
B
LOL, glad you weren't seriously injured, as in a concussion. I'm not sure that even shower doors will hold you if you lose your balance. I think I would put up some sort of metal barrier, or grab bar, especially since its happened before.

S
suamico Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by believer
LOL, glad you weren't seriously injured, as in a concussion. I'm not sure that even shower doors will hold you if you lose your balance. I think I would put up some sort of metal barrier, or grab bar, especially since its happened before.

Well it is really hard to describe but a grab bar wouldn't do anything except give me something else to bump my head on!

We think the shower doors will work. Think of it like a balcony that has a 4" edge around the bottom of it. If you stumble on that off you go down. If there is a glass door there you just bump into the door. If there was a door there I just would have bumped into it. We are planning on installing the door so it is in line with the front of the shower step.

Yea I can laugh about it now but I wasn't laughing when he put those staples in!

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
B
B
Hope you get good strong doors that will hold a body.

I live in Southern California, and we are always having toddlers fall out second story windows because they leaned against the screen, thinking it would stop them.

Be sure those shower doors are firmly anchored.

S
suamico Offline OP
OP Offline
S
oh yea, we are having our handy man put them in.
The problem we are running into is the opening is 70" and the largest doors come in 60" widths.
DH just IM'd me with a great idea. He suggested doing a block wall for 1/2 the opening (by the toilet) and then the door on the other 1/2....something to think about.

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
B
B
Now THAT sounds like a good idea. So next time you fall, you will be trapped between the toilet and the wall, and the fire department can rescue you. LOL, I've actually read stories like that.

S
suamico Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by believer
Now THAT sounds like a good idea. So next time you fall, you will be trapped between the toilet and the wall, and the fire department can rescue you. LOL, I've actually read stories like that.

Are you calling me fat? :MrEEk:

I went to a specialty store that does shower doors, windows and mirrors. They found exactly what we need! It is fully framed with thick glass etc. I am so happy!

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation