Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
I was searching the web for a way to access my H's text messages without his knowledge. Any ideas?

He deletes them from his phone

BS(me) 40 FWH 45 M 15 years EA ( around July '05) PA (around Feb until Mar '06) D-Day Mar '06 continued contact til May '07 Discovered plans for secret meeting May '07 May '07- present recovery( I think) D 13 & 14
S
S
As far as I know, you can access the content of text messages via the phone company...only if you have a court subpoena for it. However, if you have access to the account online, the outgoing and incoming phone #s are displayed. This is how I found my WH cheating on me. I found several texts to and from the same #, called it, and learned her name. Hope this helps.

L
L
In reply to "Can I read H's test messages secretly?

If you have his cell phone, go ahead. As for a subpoena, not all cell phone companies will keep actual records of the text messages. In fact, most of them will not. The best thing you can do if you really want to read the text messages is to copy the SIM card if there is one in the cell phone. If not, you are out of luck.

I
OP Offline
I
o.k--thanks for replying. I have already looked at the records and called the number--it was H's ex-wife that he hasn't really had contact with for 20 years! Thats why I wanted to know what the contents of the text messages were.

I don't know if H's phone has a SIM card or not---probably not--just a cheap Verizon LG

BS(me) 40 FWH 45 M 15 years EA ( around July '05) PA (around Feb until Mar '06) D-Day Mar '06 continued contact til May '07 Discovered plans for secret meeting May '07 May '07- present recovery( I think) D 13 & 14
R
R
How do you see the calls and txt placed and received with verizon?

BH-me 32
WW-27
Married 5 yrs. together for 8
D2
D7
D-Day:11/10
EA for a week went PA and WW immediately left home leaving everything behind.
A
A
You can monitor verizon cell phones online at verizonwireless.com
Once you log in, you can view either "my bill" which gives the details (voice, messages, data) for each phone number on the account or you can check "view my usage". This one gives most recent information since the last bill. It does have about a 24 hour delay in the details. You cannot read the text messages, but it does contain the number, whether it was sent or received, and general location of the call. On the voice calls, it also gives the time of the call, the length of the call and whether the call was placed or incoming.

This was how I busted my H's A. The phone bill arrived in the mail and listed 128 text messages in a month. I knew they were not to me. I went to the website, got the details for his phone, called the number, got the OW's voicemail. Next I did a reverse lookup, found the home phone and called OW's H, downloaded and printed out all the phone info, and emailed it to OW's H. Took less than 2 hours to do all that. Then I called H, H's mom, counseling listing service for the military. The PA part of the affair stopped immediately; took the next three months, change of job and move to a different state to put NC in place.

Amazingly, a few weeks after D-day, my phone broke. When I was changing it out at the verizon store, I started a conversation with a total stranger who was suspicious her H was having an A. The verizon people weren't giving her much help about how to do this, but I sure did. I prefer action to inaction.

BTW D-day plus 7.75 months, I check the online verizon details every few days. I am really BIG on verification, especially now around the holidays.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
B
B
If you can't log on (my WH already has a log-on for the account that I don't know) you can have them send you a duplicate bill with detailed phone activity.
BF439

Me:BS40
WXH:42
DD15; DS13; DD6
D-day:6/30/08 & 10/25/08
WH moved out 9/15/08
D: 1/15/10

"So take that look out of here, it doesn't fit you, because it's happened, doesn't mean you've been discarded." -- Big Country from "In a Big Country."
"Keep calm and carry on." -- Winston Churchill

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 565 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation