Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
OP Offline
T

K
K
The entire article is one big boo-hoo for the WW.

The OM had it coming, and got exactly what he deserved. Too bad the BH isn't getting what he deserves.

The lesson here? Don't hire someone else to do your dirty work for you.

Divorced
W
W
Wow!

There is no excuse for murder

but

DAMN,

that WW sure yanked the BH around.

SHE should be charged with being an accomplice or something because what SHE did started the ball rolling.

grumble

Even at the end....it was still all about her.

H
H
In many muslim countries, it is legal to kill adulterers. I bet it deters it.

Me: 32 BS DDay: 9/14/08
Slowly coming to the realization that I
am one of those who can't get past it.
K
K
Originally Posted by wildhorses74
There is no excuse for murder

**edit**

All cheaters know that the BS going ape-____ and killing someone is at least a possibility.

Last edited by Revera; 12/04/08 11:54 AM. Reason: TOS inflammatory

Divorced
K
K
Originally Posted by HURTandSHOCKED
In many muslim countries, it is legal to kill adulterers. I bet it deters it.

Adultery is the one thing on this Earth that could make me wish I lived in rural India.

Divorced
J
J
Too bad they didn't get the WW too.. she sounds like a piece of work.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
K
K
The article is very misleading in places. The claim that the two highschool sweethearts reconnected AFTER the marriage dissolved is false. They reconnected, CAUSING the marriage to dissolve.

K
K
I hate how the article portrays the BH as the Psychotic Bad Guy, and the two AP's as Star-Crossed Lovers.

It's just too bad the BH received life in prison. I'd give him a trophy.

Divorced
A
A
Normal people don't murder, even when they are cheated on. This board is filled with people who got cheated on but had enough sense and morals to handle it the right way. Most of you who are talking tough probably wouldn't kill anyone - you are just blowing off steam but be careful because some unbalanced person might think you are serious! Most likely this guy was a headcase from the beginning. It's easy enough to get a divorce. There is no excuse for this. He deserved what he got. Lock 'em up and throw away the key!

As for cheating in Muslim countries, yes it still goes on and probably more so because of all the couples who get married without really getting to know each other first, not to mention the women (or young girls) forced into "marriage" against their will. Although on the other hand, if you are dragged to the alter kicking and screaming it isn't adultery when you form a real attachment to someone else. And most women killed for "adultery" in Muslim countries are not really adulterers but rape victims. Sometimes they are as young as 9. The real adulterous women are usually protected by the adulterous men, so it's usually the innocent who get killed by that sort of system.

K
K
Originally Posted by Aphaeresis
Normal people don't murder, even when they are cheated on.

Actually, it's human nature to murder, but we put those things waaaaaay back on the back burner in order to have a civilized society.

Normal people don't murder?

I think there are many, many wartime veterans out there who would disgree. Tons of them killed people, but are not abnormal.

Declaring war doesn't mean it isn't murder when you kill the enemy.

Divorced
T
T
I have read countless times on MB that it was not the BS's fault that their WS had an A, that it was the WS's choice. So it seems odd to me now to read people on MB basically applauding this BS for committing murder.

I mean if it is okay to kill someone who hurts you, then why is is not okay to cheat on someone who treats you like crap? (FYI-This is coming from a BW who treated her H like crap)

If murder is human nature, then maybe adultry is too?

BW 38 (me)
FWH 42
Married 7 years
DD 6
SD 15
11-2006 H said he wanted a divorce and walked out
3-2007 I told H I wanted him back
3-2007 to 4-2007 D-day's
4-2007 H moved back in for good
Today-In recovery, but a long way to recovered
B
B
The whole thing is sad to me. Both sets of kids no longer have contact with their father, one in jail, one dead. And the WW has probably found another "soulmate" to introduce to her kids.

K
K
While I think an OP should not be surprised if they end up the target of violence, I do understand what you are saying.

As a Christian, I am glad my actions are not dictated by others' bad choices. If my husband acts like a complete a$$, I will still not cheat on him. And if he cheats on me, I will not commit murder, against either him or the OW.

Why would I throw away my life completely, because someone else had caused my life great damage?

We can choose a correct response to evil, and with God's help, that is what I will always strive to do.

D
D
Originally Posted by Aphaeresis
Normal people don't murder, even when they are cheated on. This board is filled with people who got cheated on but had enough sense and morals to handle it the right way. Most of you who are talking tough probably wouldn't kill anyone - you are just blowing off steam but be careful because some unbalanced person might think you are serious! Most likely this guy was a headcase from the beginning. It's easy enough to get a divorce. There is no excuse for this. He deserved what he got. Lock 'em up and throw away the key!

As for cheating in Muslim countries, yes it still goes on and probably more so because of all the couples who get married without really getting to know each other first, not to mention the women (or young girls) forced into "marriage" against their will. Although on the other hand, if you are dragged to the alter kicking and screaming it isn't adultery when you form a real attachment to someone else. And most women killed for "adultery" in Muslim countries are not really adulterers but rape victims. Sometimes they are as young as 9. The real adulterous women are usually protected by the adulterous men, so it's usually the innocent who get killed by that sort of system.

Great post! And so true!

You said exactly what I was thinking.

Charlotte

K
K
Originally Posted by TryingToLetItGo
If murder is human nature, then maybe adultry is too?

Maybe so. I don't think monogamy is natural. I think humans have to make a choice to resist primal urges like killing others and "spreading your seed".

Maybe I'm an oddball, but in cases like this I honestly think that the OM received justice. I really do believe that when you wrong someone to that extent, they should have the right to retaliate violently if they choose.

The real shame, other than the kids involved, is that the BH will rot in prison for doing something to level the playing field.

There should be some form of legal recourse available to every BS besides divorce.

Divorced
D
D
Maybe so. I don't think monogamy is natural. I think humans have to make a choice to resist primal urges like killing others and "spreading your seed".

Yeah, I have been pondering this lately. We are all animals, after all.

Charlotte

K
K
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine

Charlotte

Hey speak for yourself! I am a child of God, crated in His image.

K
K

Charlotte

There are FAR too many cheaters out there for it to be UNnatural.

Clearly, we're the schmucks missing out on all the fun.

Divorced
K
K
Originally Posted by Krazy71

Charlotte

There are FAR too many cheaters out there for it to be UNnatural.

Clearly, we're the schmucks missing out on all the fun.

See, that is wayward mentality. I don't think becoming a filthy, adulterous, immoral cheater who can't be trusted, sounds like fun at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 497 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation