Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 30 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 29 30
I
I
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
In fact, I'm not sure Machiavelli himself, at his finest, was devious enough to have thought that one up, but he would be proud of YOU, I'm sure! rotflmao

My only caveat would be that HF would have to be sure the case was delivered on the first day of his 50% custody time so that it could be ingested while his children were safely somewhere else.

tl

Why thank you Thn, but actually Machiavelli was not as diabolic as people have interpreted. He was only trying to steer an honest leader through the minefields of politics when he wrote "The Prince"

Yoda warned me of the "dark side" but I refused to listen.

Yes, I thunked about the beer vs hard tack factor. Hard tack apparently makes aggression, beer just bloats and gives a buzz.

I confess however that I don't drink hard stuff and never get drunk. Maybe a professional drinker can comment...

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by imagine
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
In fact, I'm not sure Machiavelli himself, at his finest, was devious enough to have thought that one up, but he would be proud of YOU, I'm sure! rotflmao

My only caveat would be that HF would have to be sure the case was delivered on the first day of his 50% custody time so that it could be ingested while his children were safely somewhere else.

tl

Why thank you Thn, but actually Machiavelli was not as diabolic as people have interpreted. He was only trying to steer an honest leader through the minefields of politics when he wrote "The Prince"

Yoda warned me of the "dark side" but I refused to listen.

Yes, I thunked about the beer vs hard tack factor. Hard tack apparently makes aggression, beer just bloats and gives a buzz.

I confess however that I don't drink hard stuff and never get drunk. Maybe a professional drinker can comment...

I'll see if I can get POSOM to post here to give his opinion on beer vs cheap vodka! rotflmao

Me BH 49 WXW 50
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
G
G
ShockedBetrayed,

Just a thought for the safety of your children, although you have likely already done so, see if OM has a record of sex crimes, molestation etc. His name might appear on some state websites.

NJ

T
T
Imagine

An alcoholic will do what he has to do to get a drink.

If money is tight, what he binges with will only make things worse in their love nest.

The BH should never do any thing easier for the AP's.

Your logic can be taken that the BH should hold the OM's pants for him. While the OM is doing his WW. Make sure that you remind the BH to hold the OM's pants nicely so they don't get wrinkled. Then to also make sure that the BH does not have any thing fall out of the OM's pockets.

Last edited by TheRoad; 12/10/08 02:09 PM.
I
I
Originally Posted by TheRoad
Imagine

An alcoholic will do what he has to do to get a drink.

If money is tight, what he binges with will only make things worse in their love nest.

The BH should never do any thing easier for the AP's.

Your logic can be taken that the BH should hold the OM's pants for him. While the OM is doing his WW. Make sure that you remind the BH to hold the OM's pants nicely so they don't get wrinkled. Then to also make sure that the BH does not have any thing fall out of the OM's pockets.

You see... I knew there was a downside to the dark side!

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
I
I
I caught your post regarding "reduced circumstances" on the other thread. You mention WW is interested to try out your new car. Can you contrive a long trip: Her driving and no kids?

Maybe go looking for a small holding or part thereof closer to town that may accommodate future horses. Oh!Hem! purely for the kids of course!

Devious...???

P
OP Offline
P
Well, I knew it wouldn't last. After seeing my real W for the first time in a couple of months, WW returned with a vengence! OM must be angry that she doesn't have money for vodka and cigs!

Anyways, on Friday we are talking about arrangements for the kids during X-Mas vacation. She starts to go on about how she is not happy with the custody and visitation arrangements that we agreed to. Basically, she wants more child support. Anyways, we filed based on what the custody / visitation was agreed to.

Now, she is realizing my child support won't be enough to support her lifestyle with the horses. So, I will probably have another PFA filed against me. She can go ahead and do this. All it will do is make her look like a fool.

Me BH 49 WXW 50
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
I
I
Originally Posted by ShockBetrayed
Anyways, on Friday we are talking about arrangements for the kids during X-Mas vacation. She starts to go on about how she is not happy with the custody and visitation arrangements that we agreed to. Basically, she wants more child support. Anyways, we filed based on what the custody / visitation was agreed to.

Does she have any legal footing that could possibly improve her position?

C
C
If she is really thinking about another PFA, maybe you should think about that emergency custody order again...

Me: 41, INFP
Her: 46, ESFJ
Married 6/95
B-G Twins
4 yrs recovered from serious neglect on my part.
So happy together!
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by imagine

Does she have any legal footing that could possibly improve her position?

None that I can tell. In fact, when we filed HER attorney was present but mine wasn't. It is all ranting because she is really realizing what she has done. When you fall for a bum, be prepared to live like a bum!

Me BH 49 WXW 50
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
I
I
So, what does she have in mind for Christmas or is this a bad time to ask?

C
C
It is all ranting because she is really realizing what she has done. When you fall for a bum, be prepared to live like a bum!

Maybe she is starting to wake up a little? And the ranting is getting worse because it's all she has left to cover her awful choices to herself?

Married 6/95
B-G Twins
So happy together!
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by CuthbertCalculus
If she is really thinking about another PFA, maybe you should think about that emergency custody order again...

WW was checked into a mental hospital last night. I filed for emergency custody today.

I received a call at around 9pm from WW. She says I need to pick up the kids because she needs to go to the hospital.

I go to the house. Her best friend calls me before I get there to tell me to make sure my doors are locked and windows rolled up.

Kids are loaded into the car. Friend tells me I need to go NOW because she is afraid for me and WW. In the background I hear OM screaming. THANK GOD THE KIDS ARE SOUND ASLEEP THROUGH ALL THIS!

WW is checked into hospital and I think they are going to keep her for 72 hours. I talk to attorney and advises me to file for emergency custody because of what happened. I should know if they will grant a hearing tommorrow. If they grant a hearing, the hearing will be in about 10 days but in the meantime I will have the kids. Everyone I talked to said it will come to this.

Me BH 49 WXW 50
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
I
I
Kids are loaded into the car. Friend tells me I need to go NOW because she is afraid for me and WW. In the background I hear OM screaming. THANK GOD THE KIDS ARE SOUND ASLEEP THROUGH ALL THIS!

Why was the friend afraid? Was WW unstable or OM obnoxious???

I'm thinking PFA against OM here...

I
I
Shocked, I really feel sh*t for your circumstance and I don't know a polite way to say it.

I pray God watch over you and your family. Meanwhile boot that OM off your farm like yesterdays tuna sandwich. Man, I hope you can!

P
P
You may be able to request that the children be kept in your home and have OM and WW thrown out of the house so you can stay there. This would be to minimize the changes for the kids.

This is sad, but it will work out in your favor in the long run. I hope it also serves as a wakeup call for WW. Odds are it won't, but it might.

Protect those little ones from this madness. Don't assume they didn't hear anything either. I have a 6 yo and 2 four year olds and I'm sure they'd be woken up by a loud commotion.

Best of luck to you.

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
C
C
Wow... what a development. I'm praying for you and your kids... and for your WW... although this may be the final straw for you. I hope the courts give you that emergency custody.

Married 6/95
B-G Twins
So happy together!
I
I
I agree this could be a great opportunity for the classic "Land Grab"!!! If the lawyer agrees....

1. Ask a local police officer to accompany you.

2. Rent a truck to move your things back in and inform OM that he takes all his things or they are thrown out. And make sure he takes only his things!!!

This 3 day hiatus accompanied with a possible re-insertion of yourself into the home....add custody could be the final blow.

Find out what happened from this friend and if the OM was making threats!! You can have him arrested for threats or at least a restraining order on him and with his past record that should be easy.

B
B
Wow! Could this be rock bottom for your wife? At least the kids are safe with you!

P
OP Offline
P
I'm not sure if this is rock bottom or not. WW only gave access to OM and best friend to talk to her at the hospital. It looks like OM is still working on WW and telling her it is us against the world.

Anyways, as for emergency custody, both mine and her families are on board with not letting her having the kids even if the court order does not come through. Everyone agrees that WW needs help. I have a job, and a place to live. I can offer the kids stability until WW gets back onto her feet and better. Then we can look at the visitation schedule again. For the short term, MIL and I agreed that only supervised visitation at MIL's house for the time being. That way, she can do overnights, etc but have someone keep a close eye on her anger. Tell you the truth, I don't think WW knows what she's doing with her anger.

As for the OM, I thought about the land grab but in the grand scheme of things, it is just a small battle. Bottom line is my kids do need a strong mother and we are going to focus our strategy on getting her better.

1st thing is I am looking into a deed in lieu of foreclosure on the house - I can get this accomplished in 45 days which would force WW and OM to find a place. Since WW probably lost her new job this week, she will have to move.

Both MIL and FIL offered up their places WITHOUT OM so WW can get her life in order. I like the idea with FIL - he's further away but he just broke off a 15 year relationship with his girlfriend so it would be good for both of them to heal together. Plus, he is the barn manager for a huge racing / breeding stable in PA and would be able to keep WW involved with the horses that she loves but keep a very close eye on her as well.

Me BH 49 WXW 50
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
Page 9 of 30 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 29 30

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 526 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation