Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 267 of 339 1 2 265 266 267 268 269 338 339
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Chai,

I also remember the show - Here Come the Brides.
This was my most favorite shows of all time. I wanted to be a bride and have Jeremy as my husband. I play acted that all the time like girls do at those weird ages :crosseyedcrazy:

I'm a little restless tonight, not sure what's going on. But I'm so grateful for all of you in my life... So grateful.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
Wow, I Googled the show and now I remember it more and more. Bobby Sherman was the cutie. Didn't realize David Soul was one of the brothers too. Are they doing a remake? Almost sounded like something was happening along those lines.

Queenie, I'm thankful for everyone around here as well. Not sure how I would have survived had I not found this place. I had some pretty desperate nights last year....

But, we are both here, we have survived, we have grown, we have prospered, and we have loved each other.

I'm hoping that when I go to court on Monday, I can look at WH and not hurt or feel. I want to get to that point. It's just time for it now....

Much love....

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
C
C
I hope all are well. Our weather is flaking out.....73 for the high yesterday, 45 today, 31 tomorrow - 13 tomorrow night. Does anyone see anything wrong with that? It should be back up to the 60s on Friday. I think we're all gonna be..... sick with respiratory cruds.

Anyway, Chai, when I went to court, I had a mixture of felings....glad it was gonna be over with, regret that I couldn't have provided what he needed to keep him from doing this, and disgust at who he had become. As much as I had wanted to save my marriage, I was relieved that we were there and I could move on with my life.

Q
OP Offline
Q
We are getting alot of snow, but the winds don't seem to be so bad.... But we still have 12 hours to go....

My children are home safe and sound, so all is well.....

Chai, I am so praying for you and that G-d be right there next to you as you go into court. But along with G-d is EVERYONE FROM HERE.... hug pray hug

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
L
L
Hi ya Queenie,
how are you? Why is your icon blushing? Something to share laugh

Im going to be in Seattle March 6-9 then in LA until the 11th. Hope I can catch up with you
hug

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Lil, You are going to be here for my birthday. You betcha we are going to catch up. I'll make it happen.....

I'm blushing because it's COLD outside and I look better with a blush. blush

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
L
L
I'm blushing because it's COLD outside and I look better with a blush.

Which reminds me Miss Queenie, wheres that photo you promised me?????

We are still in the process of sorting accomidation. I think we are going to give up on the billets, it seems to be a big drama, so we'll just do it ourselves. We have some stuff lined up, just gotta make sure its gonna suit the flights and event and yadda yadda.

May be I should just get one of you united states peeps to organise everything for us LOL

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
M
M
Just dropping by to say "hi", Queenie, and that I'm glad you have survived the storm...I have friends near Portland and they're digging out...hang in there & I'll be thinking of you when I light candles!

:happyhanukkah:

Me - BW/BS Age: 56 Married 7 1/2 years Divorced Jan 2010
EA began '07 PA began Jan '08
Found out July 2008 Found MB September
Plan A 09/03/2008
I filed D 10/31/2008
Dark Plan B began 11/09/2008
Emerged from Plan B 11/15/2009
Court date (final) scheduled for 12/16/2009
Divorce Final January 2010
Plan B recommenced upon Divorce

H
H
Hi Queenie,

Had to stop in and give you some Kudo's for the great posts to Julie yesterday. Spot on! You have come such a long way my friend. You have such a warm place in SMB's and my heart. Wishing you and your children a safe and wonderful holiday season.

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
B
B
Happy Chanukah everyone. I just heard this morning that it means "dedication".

Queenie - Hope you are okay. My mom has been snowed in for 4 days and I am worried about her. She needs to go to the doctor, to clean her port for chemo. Also she has no milk.

She has a neighbor that will help, but I don't think the neighbor can get out either.

Please pray for her.

M
M
How's the weather up there Queenie? Hope you still have power and heat and all that good stuff. We have sub-zero temps today with strong winds and blowing snow that is closing some "East-West highways away from the city.

We'll be praying for you and your family tonight. I'm fixing latkes for dinner. grin

Barukh atah Adonai, Eloheinu, melekh ha'olam
asher kidishanu b'mitz'votav v'tzivanu
l'had'lik neir shel Chanukah.

she'asah nisim la'avoteinu bayamim haheim baziman hazeh.

shehecheyanu v'kiyimanu v'higi'anu laz'man hazeh.

(For those who might not understand the above:)

Blessed are you, Lord, our God, sovereign of the universe
Who has sanctified us with His commandments and commanded us
to light the lights of Chanukkah. Amen

Who performed miracles for our ancestors in those days at this time. Amen

who has kept us alive, sustained us, and enabled us to reach this season. Amen

Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi tst, thanks for the kind words. Tell your gorgeous wife, I miss her so much and hope to see her on here soon.
Happy Holidays to you and your family. I pray that continued recovery stays in your home and G-d is keeping a special eye on her when she needs it. wink

Happy Hanukkah Miriam, can you believe it, but it's still snowing outside..... Blizzard almost. I talked to smartie pants on the phone today and she asked how much I got. LOL.. I don't know it's all blown away. :happyhanukkah:

She needs to go to the doctor, to clean her port for chemo. Also she has no milk.
Can we get a medical truck to come and get her and bring her to the dr or hospital to get the port cleaned? I wonder if there is a grocery store, like Safeway that might deliver because of the medical emergency? Do you know if the friend can get out? Can I help? I could put an sos if she is on the island for people at the Jewish community center and see if someone can help or the temple. I am so pray ing for her....

Happy Chanukkah Mark, I don't have presents to give my boys, but we did light candles and I am blessed to have my children here to share these moments with. My daughter is snowed in and didn't come over. She'll come over next weekend and I'll make latkes then.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
S
hug

Hi Queenie, my friend.

I am so inspired by you.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi SMB,

I know your walk with G-d. It is YOU who inspires me.

But thank you because I am very grateful to be in this place in my life.

:MerryChristmas: sweet friend... I wish we lived closer.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
I get to give G-d a moment of glory and shining at what one of HIS children did tonight.

I went into my kitchen and noticed that there was a car stuck in the parking lot behind my apt. It appeared there were two men trying to get up a hill that just wasn't cooperating. Believe it or not, it has been snowing here for almost 36 hours non-stop... faint

I prayed and asked G-d to help them. My YS came out and kinda joked about them, went back into brothers room to play X-Box. Learning to trust G-d IN ALL THINGS... a few moments later, YS came out with coat on, shoes on, and ready to go out there and help. He brought the men hand warmers in case they were cold and I watched my baby, but more importantly G-ds child do a mitzvah, which is the highest gift in life there is.

To give of oneself and help another. I am so honored that G-d trusted me with this child of his and just feel how proud he is of him tonight as I am.

pray Thank you so much G-d for the blessings of my children. Everyday I get the miracle of watching them become your children more and more and I know it's because you are working in their lives. pray

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
Queenie, for a very inexpensive gift for each child, you could give them a written blessing, affirmation, or admiration each day of Hanukkah.

Such as: I am proud of you because I have seen you show kindness when you.........

Q
OP Offline
Q
for a very inexpensive gift for each child, you could give them a written blessing, affirmation, or admiration each day of Hanukkah.
Cinders, what an absolutely amazing idea... I never would have thought of that. thank you.... hug
:MerryChristmas:

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
You are welcome.

You know, I would rather have you love me and demonstrate it than have you buy me a bunch of stuff.

My addled-brained mom hasn't bought me a gift in ages. And that's ok. She tells me she loves me. Looks me in the eye and tells me. What more could I want?

C
C
Take one night and make cookies with them.

I can find you some easy, cheap cookie recipes if you are at a loss for any.

C
C
Sweet Queenie, it's nearly 1 a.m. here. Gotta be at dermatologist's office in less than 8 hrs. I'm outta here for the night.

I love you and hope your Hanukkah is all that you could hope for.

8 blessings.....give your children 8 blessings this year.

I give you permission to throw in a gift.....I have it!!!!!! The perfect gift......what about a fleece blanket.....tell them that it is a symbol of G-d's love and your love for them....to cover them, to comfort them, and to warm them. A scarf would do. (the boys might not care for a scarf - but then again....).

Page 267 of 339 1 2 265 266 267 268 269 338 339

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (anchorwatch, 1 invisible), 448 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation