Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
OP Offline
T
yeah ill find a loop hole somewhere im sure something will work out..

B
B
Wow, Johnstwin, thanks for that site. My son signed up and is eligible for 38. What a shock!

They are from $500. to $10,000. He is going to put in for them. Some want an essay, some just an application.

T2L's Daughter - I hope you check with your mom and go online and sign up for it. There IS a lot of advertising (you want to join the Navy?) but my son just checked no.

It lists scholarships by your area, your affiliations, your parents' affiliations, your beliefs, religion, and what you want to do. Excellent site.

R
R
There are also a lot of little scholarships available at the school. Need to check around. I found out about one for 1k I was eligible for a couple years ago that you could get at my school if you took 1 online class and had a family.

BH-me 32
WW-27
Married 5 yrs. together for 8
D2
D7
D-Day:11/10
EA for a week went PA and WW immediately left home leaving everything behind.
B
B
There were several smaller ones where you had to write an essay -one was "my favorite toy", another was about peace, and one about civil rights in the mid-East. That ought to be a good one!

Anyway, so you write a few essays, and get $500. a pop, what a deal!

K
K
T2LDD

I worked as a full time employee on campus (science dept secretary using cutting edge technology at the time - the campus's first stand-alone word processor as well as doing word processing on a main-frame computer!) - and got 50% off on my tuition as a benefit. I went to 3 night classes a semester and got through two years of college at half price before I got laid off, and re-hired as a part time employee, which kept my paycheck coming but not the benefits.

Go after the benefits type job. Do you type fast? Are you organized? Try for more than a cashier if you want this opportunity!

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
S
S
T2LDD,

You will not be eligible for government grants. HOWEVER!!!!

You must fill out the FAFSA to get work-study, campus jobs, scholarships, etc. FILL IT OUT!!!!!!! Also you will need to fill it out for parent loans, or other school loans to go to college. Just do it.

You won't be able to prove independence. Won't happen, so don't go in thinking about it - practically takes an act of congress unless you have a child, have filed income taxes proving a certain level of income that would make you independent, your parents have NOT claimed you as a dependent for a certain number of years, you are over 24 years of age, you have not lived with your parents for X years, are married, or if you have been declared by the courts in your state as an emancipated minor. There are other laws which may also govern this, but this is a Federal issue, not a State issue, and you almost cannot get around it.

Don't count on being "independent", because very few kids do it. Foster kids who have been dependents of the State and exit at age 18 from the foster system are about the few who do in high numbers.

(Sounds like I've been there, huh? Used to work at a university, and my daughter worked for Sally Mae.)

Fill out your FAFSA - quickly.

You will be eligible for parent loans, and student loans. You will also be eligible for student employment (probably not work-study, but that remains to be seen, based on what you have said regarding dad's income).

Scholarships are not exclusive to race in the vast majority of cases. Look to your city, especially to your school counselors who have a lot of information regarding locally-based scholarships. Many of these go un-awarded, because NOBODY EVEN APPLIES. Look for Lion's Club, Sertoma, VFW, Eagle's, National Businesswomen's, Rotary........there are so many you would not believe it. You can actually rack up thousands if you get five or six of the small ones from these clubs. Lots of kids do this - and many of the clubs will give you a renewal if you just keep your grades up. $500 doesn't sound like much, but it covers books - and free books every semester counts a lot, trust me.

Look RIGHT NOW at these clubs, because they are looking for YOU right now. These applications are getting filled out now, because time is short before May graduations. This stuff is happening now, and kids in 12th grade are floating around in la-la land, thinking how "long" they have before they graduate.

It is NOT that long!

Get on the stick, and beat the rest of the class to those forms, girl. You will be shocked at how many of your friends who will have missed the boat because they have not filled out the FAFSA, or even applied for a single scholarship.

Get on the websites for the colleges you want to attend, and get their scholarship applications, too. Just apply. They actually have very FEW that have anything to do with your race. That is a myth.

SB

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
B
B
Yes, get busy! I think your parents need to have their tax info though.

My son has been working on filling it out since yesterday. He is going to beat you to the money!!!!!!!

Also I like SB's idea of snapping up a lot of little scholarships. You are an EXCELLENT writer and will do just fine if you need to whip out some essays.

N
N
hug T2LDD hug

Another nasty message you shouldn't have ever had to hear...just remember that God is working very very VERY hard on your dad in ways you can't see.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by KaylaAndy
T2LDD
[color:#CC33CC][/color]
I worked as a full time employee on campus (science dept secretary using cutting edge technology at the time - the campus's first stand-alone word processor as well as doing word processing on a main-frame computer!) - and got 50% off on my tuition as a benefit. I went to 3 night classes a semester and got through two years of college at half price before I got laid off, and re-hired as a part time employee, which kept my paycheck coming but not the benefits.

Go after the benefits type job. Do you type fast? Are you organized? Try for more than a cashier if you want this opportunity!

yeah i can type pretty fast and i am well organized when it comes to work!!

Neak #2187821 01/05/09 08:42 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by Neak
hug T2LDD hug

Another nasty message you shouldn't have ever had to hear...just remember that God is working very very VERY hard on your dad in ways you can't see.

yeah he hasn't contacted me in almost 3 days....
i dont know exactly it was that i did.
or what i said to make him mad????

whatever

naughty

B
B
Put dad on the back burner for now. I'm sure he is just angry that he isn't getting through to mom.

Did you start filling out the form for FAFSA yet? Get busy on that, so you will astound your parents.

N
N
He's mad at the world right now, and not in his right mind.

It's no excuse for his behavior toward his children, not at all. I hope, though, that it helps you feel better to know that this is totally typical, and has NOTHING to do with you, your brother, your mom, or even the stupid message.

Even if he and your mom didn't get back together (and I really think they will), you could expect to see your real dad come back after his A is over.

It may take him some time for his head to clear, but you ought to start seeing a difference right away.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
Originally Posted by Trying2liveDD
Originally Posted by Neak
hug T2LDD hug

yeah he hasn't contacted me in almost 3 days....
i dont know exactly it was that i did.
or what i said to make him mad????

whatever

naughty

Babygirl,

You didn't say anything. You merely held up a mirror so he could see his actions, and he didn't like what he saw. Instead of being mad at himself because his reflection was sickening to him, he got mad at the one holding the mirror.

Waywards will do/say anything to avoid taking responsiblity for themselves.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
T
OP Offline
T
hi everybody i havent been on in like 1 week or so...
havent had much contact with dad...

hes finally coming to see me tomorrow to get gifts for mom for her birthday!!!

yupp..

so that should be fun i really want to get her something for her birthday to make up for christmas and her anniversary..

sooo how is everyone..???

T
OP Offline
T
HAHA HEY EVERYONE GO LOOK AT MY RESPONSE TO STELLAKAT ON MY MOMS THREAD....

T
OP Offline
T
WELL ANYWAYS.....

THE OTHER DAY I THINK MY MOM TOLD YOU ABOUT WHEN MY DAD WAS JUST SITTING OUT IN THE DRIVE WAY WELL CONVERSATION WASNT TOO LONG...

SO THIS IS HOW IT WENT..

DAD: HI
ME: HI

DAD:I WAS OUT HERE AND JUST WANTED TO STOP BY AND SAY HI.
ME: OH COOL COOL WELL HERE IS A COUPLE THINGS LEFT OF YOUR
(SO I HAND HIM THE BAG)

ME:WELL ANYWAY IM HEADING OFF
DAD: OH OK WELL IT WAS NICE SEEING YOU WEL GET TOGETHER SOON IM JUST NEVER OUT HERE ANYMORE..

ME: OH ALRIGHT COOL COOL.... K BYE THEN
(HUG)

ME AGAIN: K SEE YA NEXT MONTH..(AND STARTED LAUGHING AND WALKED AWAY) HAHAHAHAHAH
ISNT THAT GREAT!!!??!?!?

HE TALKED A LITTLE MORE ABOUT WHY MY BROTHER WAS UPSET ABOUT THE MESSAGE HE HAD LEFT. AND SAID IT WAS FOR MY MOM AND HE SHOULD HAVE NOT HEADR THAT!! AND HOW HE SAID HE DOESNT GET ALONG WITH MY MOM AND ALL THE BULL...
SO I SAID "WELL FIZ IT THEN GEEZ" AND JUST SHRUGGED MY ARMS AND LEFT... WHATEVER DUDE...
LOL
WELL ANYWAY... SO I CAME BACK HOME ABOUT 5:30 OR 6:00PM AND HE WAS OUT IN THE FRONT AGAIN.. AND WAS LIKE OH I WAS JUST AROUND THE CITY AND I HADNT HEADED HOME YET!!
ME: OH OK...
DAD: ALRIGHTY THEN I GUESS ILL BE HEADING HOME NOW...
GETTING LATE..
ME: OH OK SEE YEAH

DAD: LOVE YOU

ME: YUPP YOU TOO

DAD: NIGHT

AND THAT WAS IT...

YUPP.. GREAT CONVERSATION RIGHT..

HMMM NOT..

Last edited by Trying2liveDD; 01/17/09 11:49 PM.
L
L
Your doing ok.

DD16 and DD12 didnt have conversations any more stimulating with Flick when he was WH. I think the A drugs stop their brains from functioning

rotflmao

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
N
N
hurray hurray hurray

You handle everything life throws at you with strength. Good for you!

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
H
H
Hi T2L DD, you are a strong woman. Your Mom is proud of you.
I know you protect your brother. Stay strong.

My D15 is in the NC phase. A few text messages from her D asking to see her and she said she is not ready to talk to him again. She is one tough chick. I am not pushing her because she does not respect him and wants to detach for awhile.

hope the job is going well. take care.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
H
H
T2L's DD:
It's now 21 days and WH has yet to visit our 3 teenagers. He's avoiding them because he knows what he's doing is wrong. He has texted them that the issue is between me and him -- but in reality -- we know that the issue is with him and OW. He chose OW over his family. And OW has 3 kids, and my kids are feeling replaced. So, too, am I.

So until your dad and my WH find God again, and until they realize that they had it pretty good with their wives and kids, the rest of us just have to live without them. And it sucks!

I'm glad that you are able to talk with your dad and not hold back the punches. I really think that kids -- especially daughters -- have the power to pierce the hearts of their dads.

And you need to keep it up. Make him feel guilty. Never accept the affair. Remind him that he raised you to know right from wrong and what he is doing is wrong, wrong, wrong. And what an example of a husband for you. You, his little girl, who one day will have a husband of your own and kids.

And for your mom's birthday, get her something special. Remind your dad what a wonderful woman, wife and mother T2L is. She is the heart of your home. And your dad -- well -- he was suppose to be the head of your home. Instead he chose selfishness.

Take care, T2L's daughter!

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 258 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation