Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 81 of 136 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 135 136
A
A
Sorry for the t/j
If you read our threads after Oct 25th, you will see how it all unfolded.

TST or SMB could you please bump your thread? I can not find it.
T2L has been talking so much about your thread....I want to read it too!! smile

Angie

T
OP Offline
T
SMB's thread: SMB's Thread

Me-39 H-38/Married 19years/DD18 & DS10
Dday EA/PA 4/23/08 Left home 5/08/08
Moved in w/Sea Hag 08/01/08
Read SAA Sept 08 Plan A 10/03/08 thru 11/15/08
Plan B 11/15/08-currently
01/18/09 Plan B crack w/phone call restating PBL
01/31/09 Planned brief contact
02/15/09 Delivery of Planned 2nd PBL
Filed for D Dec 2009 Recovering well!
H
H
SMB's thread: SMB's Thread

tst's thread: tst's Thread

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
Originally Posted by Trying2live
I still say prayers for H, although my Pastor had said to me the last we spoke to not concentrate on Mr. T2L but concentrate on myself for now, but then I think if no one else is praying for him I may be the only one. The great thing about praying for someone is its hard to hate em while you do.

When i go to sleep at night I miss my H, at least for a brief moment, and then I remember that he doesn't exist anymore. Its hard. I know I am supposed to be thinking on me, but when your head hits the pillow and all is quiet you can't help but remember. Miss his stupid jokes and humor that him and i had. Miss how he came home and bear hugged me and lifted me off the floor and said hey little lady or how he would call and say hey little lady. Don't miss the occasional anger or moodiness tho. Don't miss trying so hard, so very hard, to be perfect and make him happy.

It sounds like you are still in love with your husband afterall but you push it out of your mind so you don't get hurt over and over and again. Don't give up hope, rely on the vets here and on God. Mortaman's post on husbands and wives is great and it points to the traditional roles of wives vs what they have become and how this has hindered a lot of marriages. (Strong powerful women are scary to men!) It might be worth a read too.

Keep praying for your enemies but focus on what God can do for them, not what you want. Focus on being thankful for your blessings and what you need for your peace, comfort and strength.

You're a remarkable woman and a real inspiration to many. You had an amazing plan A in the middle of the 9 months! Your WH is still connected to you and is dealing with your absence in his life everyday. Have faith that God is working in him.

To be upset over what you don't have is to waste what you do have. (Ken Keyes, Jr)

It is wise to keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final. (R Babson)

BS 32 (1st marriage), WH 38 (2nd marriage), DD 3, DS 1
Married Aug 2002, EA/PA 2005, NC mid 2005
EA Jun 2008, Plan A, 1 Aug 2008, WH moved out 14 Sep 08, D-Day 14 Sep 08, Moved home 2 Nov 08, moved out 30 Nov 08
Plan B, 2 Dec 08, broken 5, 11, 15 & 17 Dec 08
Current Status: Contact for visitation, children and finances.
Embarking on a new plan to Let go and Let God and to not settle for less than I deserve!
S
S
Could you ever see him saying this to you in the past? Did he ever examine him self or even express himself this way previously?

tst has, over the years, written beautiful letters and spoken sweet words to me often. In fact, during his affair, I pulled out a letter he had written just a few years before, telling me how much he loved me and how beautiful I was to him inside and out, how much he loved watching me care for our children, and that I was the most loving person he had ever known. I read that letter over and over, trying to figure out how he went from that to not loving me and leaving me. I clung to that letter. I would read it and scream, "IT WAS REAL!" Then one day, I folded it up and put it away and told myself I would never read it again. I had forgotten about it until now.

As far as examining himself, tst spent a great deal of energy throughout his adulthood examining himself. He went through rehab at 17 and had a great AA sponsor that he worked with until his death a few years back. But he was a prideful man, and strong willed and stubborn (as am I flirt)

He had taken a hard look at himself many times over and made changes, but there was a secret place in him that was locked. A place he didn't know was there. But when God broke him after the affair, God unlocked that place that I had never been able to get to. I saw it the moment I laid eyes on him that day we went to talk about reconciling.

I can't explain it, T2L. I really can't. I just know that it was supernatural. God stripped tst of every wall he ever had in place. Not only could I reach where I had never been, tst craved me being there.

God can do things you cannot even imagine he can do.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

S
S
Something else I just remembered. When tst left the second time, I spoke with someone who told me something I think could be valuable to you.

We attend a very large church. I had not ran into this lady at church at all since tst's affair began. She is actually related to tst--his dad's cousin. Our paths crossed in the hallway and I told her tst was having an affair and had left, didn't love me and said he never had.

She grabbed hold of me and held me close and told me:

You are ONE FLESH with your husband. tst doesn't realize it, but there is POWER in your prayers. Your prayers are stronger than you realize because you are one flesh.

That same day at church our minister spoke on two-word prayers, and how they are just as powerful as the long, Christianese prayers.

Help me
Save me
Break me

Those kinds of prayers.

I came home and wrote in eyeliner pencil on my mirrors (which were already covered in Bible verses) prayers for tst.

Chase after him
Deliver him
Rescue him
Save him

Everytime I looked at the mirror I read those prayers...several times a day. Most days that's all my prayers for tst consisted of. They said it all in as few words as possible.

tst told me early in recovery that when he saw those prayers he couldn't believe it. He was in the home working on our remodeling project that last month before he came home. As soon as he got there, I gathered the children and we left. He went into my/our room and read my prayers and all the verses all over the mirrors. I had no idea he saw them, let alone what it did to him to see them. He wrote in red lip liner, "I am so very sorry."

When I saw it, I said to myself, sorry for what. WTH is that suppose to mean. Now I know it meant he was filled with grief and sorrow for all that he had destroyed.

T2L, you don't know what's going on in WS's head. Don't even try to guess. Everyday, pray, then go on with your day. God will lead you through this one way or another.

S
S
T2L, you may not know, Neak is the author of an incredibly insightful book about spiritual warfare.

P
P
T2L, you don't know what's going on in WS's head. Don't even try to guess. Everyday, pray, then go on with your day. God will lead you through this one way or another.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by sexymamabear
tst has, over the years, written beautiful letters and spoken sweet words to me often. In fact, during his affair, I pulled out a letter he had written just a few years before, telling me how much he loved me and how beautiful I was to him inside and out, how much he loved watching me care for our children, and that I was the most loving person he had ever known. I read that letter over and over, trying to figure out how he went from that to not loving me and leaving me. I clung to that letter. I would read it and scream, "IT WAS REAL!" Then one day, I folded it up and put it away and told myself I would never read it again. I had forgotten about it until now.

As far as examining himself, tst spent a great deal of energy throughout his adulthood examining himself. He went through rehab at 17 and had a great AA sponsor that he worked with until his death a few years back. But he was a prideful man, and strong willed and stubborn (as am I flirt)

He had taken a hard look at himself many times over and made changes, but there was a secret place in him that was locked. A place he didn't know was there. But when God broke him after the affair, God unlocked that place that I had never been able to get to. I saw it the moment I laid eyes on him that day we went to talk about reconciling.

I can't explain it, T2L. I really can't. I just know that it was supernatural. God stripped tst of every wall he ever had in place. Not only could I reach where I had never been, tst craved me being there.

God can do things you cannot even imagine he can do.

Wow. I am reading his thread too. It's really just mind blowing I have to say. I mean to hear a FWS and how candid he was and willing and the brokenness!!! Man!

Well my H has never really looked at his self or expressed his self. He never really wrote much on the cards I did get, although he did pick ones that he said expressed what he was feeling.

Except of course the very last card I got and was blown away at. Funny, really. HE gave me a Valentines Day card that had said thanks for being there through all the ups and downs with me and I appreciate you and Love you yada yada(He went PA 2 weeks later)....At the time I was like whoa I can't believe he wrote that much, now I know why.

H has much locked up inside of himself, but he doesn't think anything is there. I mean the ups and downs of his mood and occasional anger kinda says differently. If I would ask him things during the marriage he would say don't Dr. Phil me or psychoanalyze me. I tried to ask him questions during the marriage hoping he would see but he never felt anything was wrong with him.

I understand the supernatural. But then I do understand that the bible says (when he was in his home town) that Jesus could do no mighty work. My fear is the hardness of my H's heart. It doesn't sound like TST, although was fogged in, didn't have hardness to his heart to the Lord.

I am so glad that your H yielded to the Lord. The story is amazing.

T
OP Offline
T
T2L, you may not know, Neak is the author of an incredibly insightful book about spiritual warfare.

What you Lil Neakie Pooh are you holding out on me??? Ok that's it, 3 lashes with a wet noodle for the IM holding out on me!!!

So send me the info Neakie!!!

S
S
My fear is the hardness of my H's heart.

I said the exact same words to a friend.

She told me that God told her (when praying for us) to "have hope".

It doesn't sound like TST, although was fogged in, didn't have hardness to his heart to the Lord.

His heart was very hard. I really could not see him ever coming out of it.

tst says God wrestled him and body slammed him every night for weeks.

He could not eat, he could not sleep.

And all the while, my friend and prayer warrior that I mentioned above, was praying exactly that...make his stomach churn so that he cannot eat, let him get no rest.

tst used the exact words that my friend had prayed when describing to me what God was doing to him during that "breaking time". I made sure to let my friend know God answered her word for word.

It's all so humbling.

Last edited by sexymamabear; 01/08/09 06:26 PM.

T
OP Offline
T
SMB,
H has said so many bad things about Church and Christians and even mocked DD17's Christianity. That's how hard he is.

Okay, then I will continue to pray that way then. I have been praying no rest for a while now and i have been praying that God would make his self real to MR. T2L and that he would visit him as he did with Paul and....that if He could speak through donkeys then he can send skilled laborers in both their paths to bring conviction. I pray that God softens his heart and that Jesus would become a deliverer to him.

Okay I will continue on praying.

BTW....You accidentally left his name.

S
S
SMB,
H has said so many bad things about Church and Christians and even mocked DD17's Christianity. That's how hard he is.

So did tst.

He was so ugly and dark.

BTW....You accidentally left his name.

Fixed that. Thank you.

H
H
T2L, stop by my sitch...
I did it...still shaking

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
H
H
Hey T2L, it's SMB and tst sitting here reading MB.

I have another song for you. I'm sure you know it. wink

Never Let Go by Matt Redman

It's a song that spoke volumes to tst the days before he came home. He said there was a song he kept hearing over and over. It was this song.

God is working in ways you don't know.

Last edited by tst; 01/08/09 09:53 PM.

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
J
J
Hi T2L

This comment made me remember something that God spoke to my heart early in my journey

My fear is the hardness of my H's heart

God just reminded me that my then WH was His prodigal, not mine.
I was able to release my WH's complete change in behavior and attitude to God and not feel responsible for whatever came next.
It also helped me focus my prayers for him as well.

Hope this helps-

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by tst
Hey T2L, it's SMB and tst sitting here reading MB.

I have another song for you. I'm sure you know it. wink

Never Let Go by Matt Redman

It's a song that spoke volumes to tst the days before he came home. He said there was a song he kept hearing over and over. It was this song.

God is working in ways you don't know.

Awe thanks you two Lil Love Birds! How completely adorable you're MB'ing together!

Thanks gonna go listen to it. So TST was listening to Christian music while he was a walkaway? Wow. Mr. T2L never really listened to Christian music, well I take that back he listened to 1 christian artist, his name is Kim Clement but that was mostly it. H mostly listened to a talk radio show out here. Its called KFI.

Updates, still dark. H has not called and spoken to the kids since Sunday Tomorrow will be 5 days. He has not visited them in longer than that, I think just after Christmas. I am writing it in my journal.

Not harassing me is one thing but gosh don't ignore your kids. My IM's notified him to continue to call the kids that they will eventually get over being angry with him over the nasty message they heard, but he's not calling at all.

DD17 said on Sunday she had responded to something he said and she thinks that's why hes mad and not calling. She said she told him you will never get me to believe that my mom is crazy.

Well they have been in a Plan B to him Pre-SAA and usually he will reach out to them at some point. I am glad he is not talking with them right now because its not healthy for them but its still their dad so I feel bad for them. But its pointless for him to call DS10 right now anyways he's really upset with him and will not talk.

But otherwise feel okay, DD17 and i crawled in my bed and watched a comedy together then all of us played the board game Clue after dinner.

My Birthday is in a week and a half, I'll be 39. DD17 wanted to plan a party with church friends but I am still kinda in hiding mode right now. Just need a few weeks away to process my hurts still.

BTW, what are some good family board games for ages 10-17?

I appreciate all your encouragements everyone, it means more than you know. I feel graced to keep praying for him and to try and hold on to love I have left.

Hey I saw Pep, posted something about a MB reunion thing. Do they still do that? I wish I could go hug everyone who has stood with me so far. No matter the outcome I could have never ever made it with out all of you.

Well, gonna read a little more of TST's thread and then on to PrincessMeggy's.

G'night y'all.

Oh Yeah my friend Hope3343 exposed to management yesterday, if you have time drop by her thread and give her some love. It was really hard for her but she did it.

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by johnstwin
Hi T2L

This comment made me remember something that God spoke to my heart early in my journey

My fear is the hardness of my H's heart

God just reminded me that my then WH was His prodigal, not mine.
I was able to release my WH's complete change in behavior and attitude to God and not feel responsible for whatever came next.
It also helped me focus my prayers for him as well.

Hope this helps-

JT,
Yes that does help. At times I go back and forth between trusting God and then I try and trust H that he can do this, if that makes sense. I know that really I need to release more to God. One of the things I have always struggled with is worry. I could worry at times for the whole world. I know God wants to carry this for me so I just need to let it go.

And yeah I took responsibility in the marriage for both of us. And if I said something he didn't like he would have an angry outburst and then I would take responsibility for it and apologize.

Things have to be different. And that means a freer T2L. A stronger T2L. A T2L that is no longer spinning her wheels to make H happy, when its an impossible task. I was set to failure because Mr. T2L is unhappy inside and I don't know why and I don't think he knows why.

I mean we both had terrible childhoods. His mom had numerous boyfriends, cheated on her 1st husband and the last man she stayed with was an diabetic hallucinating alcoholic who chased them around at nights, so I can see why he has a bit of anger. And I came from a childhood of sexual abuse. But when I came to Christ 15 years ago, I allowed God in and he brought so much healing to me and deliverance to my soul. But I didn't hide from him. My H hid from God. He loved God and served him but hid the darkest parts of his self to the only one who could free him. But now its all on the table and I truly hope, even if he doesn't return to the marriage that Mr. T2L is made free. Its one thing to hurt but a whole other to be in bondage and never taste freedom.

Thank you for sharing that, I'm going to give this to God and try not to keep taking it back by worrying so much. Boy it's hard. Feel free to chime in and slap me when you hear me worry.

D
D
Something else I just remembered. When tst left the second time, I spoke with someone who told me something I think could be valuable to you.

We attend a very large church. I had not ran into this lady at church at all since tst's affair began. She is actually related to tst--his dad's cousin. Our paths crossed in the hallway and I told her tst was having an affair and had left, didn't love me and said he never had.

She grabbed hold of me and held me close and told me:

You are ONE FLESH with your husband. tst doesn't realize it, but there is POWER in your prayers. Your prayers are stronger than you realize because you are one flesh.

That same day at church our minister spoke on two-word prayers, and how they are just as powerful as the long, Christianese prayers.

Help me
Save me
Break me

Those kinds of prayers.

I came home and wrote in eyeliner pencil on my mirrors (which were already covered in Bible verses) prayers for tst.

Chase after him
Deliver him
Rescue him
Save him

Everytime I looked at the mirror I read those prayers...several times a day. Most days that's all my prayers for tst consisted of. They said it all in as few words as possible.

tst told me early in recovery that when he saw those prayers he couldn't believe it. He was in the home working on our remodeling project that last month before he came home. As soon as he got there, I gathered the children and we left. He went into my/our room and read my prayers and all the verses all over the mirrors. I had no idea he saw them, let alone what it did to him to see them. He wrote in red lip liner, "I am so very sorry."

When I saw it, I said to myself, sorry for what. WTH is that suppose to mean. Now I know it meant he was filled with grief and sorrow for all that he had destroyed.

Dunno 'bout you, but I think that woman had an angel on her shoulder whispering the right words to say to you.

Bless her heart!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
D
D

What you Lil Neakie Pooh are you holding out on me??? Ok that's it, 3 lashes with a wet noodle for the IM holding out on me!!!

So send me the info Neakie!!!

Hon - Neak's books are better than chocolate dipped chocolate bars!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
Page 81 of 136 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 135 136

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 494 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation