Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 41 of 52 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 51 52
W
W
Me, too.

I was so ticked to hear Jillian's advice to her about being "proud" of her mother for choosing to make herself happy.

puke

Fox

C
C
Originally Posted by wildhorses74
Me, too.

I was so ticked to hear Jillian's advice to her about being "proud" of her mother for choosing to make herself happy.

Yeah, I found that offensive as well.

On the other hand, it didn't appear Michelle had taken that advice. At the last show, she said she'd forgiven her mother, and that she'd decided to love her where she is right now, she never said she was proud of her mother's choice to run.

They never went into detail about the mother's situation. They did show her current husband, but as far as I could tell, there was no indication whether he had been the OM or not.

Last edited by CuthbertCalculus; 12/22/08 01:08 PM.

Me: 41, INFP
Her: 46, ESFJ
Married 6/95
B-G Twins
4 yrs recovered from serious neglect on my part.
So happy together!
S
S
When later came DD called me and said that Wayzilla and Grandzillas more or less totally ignored DD and her BF the whole dinner talking among themselves. No one brought a card, a gift or even mentioned her birthday.
Just thinking out loud here--do you suppose it's a calculated thing? Kind of a silent treatment they're imposing on DD21 (!) for not Accepting Things?

Probably not. Probably just more stupid behavior by stupid waywards. It's pretty incredible, though. And so sad.

Enjoy the break and holidays, Amigo.

B
B
Chris,

The whole sitch @ dinner the other night has me rant2!!

Wayzilla & Grandzilla,,,2 of a kind - - - I think it's amazingly wonderful that God's plan with genetics has given you a DD who is nothing like them whatsoever!!

Hope you, DD21, her man, and DG had a wonderful day!!

:MerryChristmas:

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
_
_
Originally Posted by chrisner
It was 2-years ago this week I found this place and started reading. Friday will be the 2-year mark for my first post. Again, I can’t thank my friends here enough for all the help they gave DD and I. I am sure our story would be far different without you.

Hi Chrisner,

If it's been two years since you registered, it's been two years since I found these forums (a few months after I noticed the web site while reading MB books). I was reading one of your early threads and noticed that you changed from junior member to member with your 25th post. I know I've probably told you before, but reading your thread and the help people like Starfish were giving you encouraged me to register, too, (even though I thought it would take me forever to post 25 times and become a 'member' like you.)

I don't post much anymore but I wanted to tell you THANKS for all you do/did for me and many on these forums. You were a big inspiration for me and I will always be grateful.

Ace

P.S. I've seen occasional references to a DGS (which I thought meant "Darling Grand Son") and wondered what I may have missed since I'm not lurking or posting much. Saw today on Bug's thread that she is your girlfriend and that makes me (and many others, I'm sure) happy for you. Continued best wishes, Chrisner ...Oh...it's also fun to read your PBPs.

FWH/BW (me)57+ M:36+ yr.
4 D-Days: Jun-Nov 06 E/PA~OW#2 (OW#1 2000)
C
OP Offline
C
Hi ACE!! Sorry I missed your post.

I am so nervous. I have not been this nervous about a game in years. We have our league opener tonight in our home gym. It is a double header game with the boy’s varsity. The gym will be packed. We play the school DD21 and I coached for last year so many of the boys on the opponents varsity played for me last year. Several of the opponent’s varsity girls played for DD last year.

We need a win. These poor girls have not had a league win in the past 15 games. It’s a streak that goes back to February 2nd 2007. My back up point guard was only 11 years old.

It’s a winnable game but the kids are going to have to really lay it out. DGS is coming down to see the game. She has always been a bit of a good luck charm when she is there.

We go to this great Irish Pub after games to finalize our stats and call the newspapers. I hope there is a little to party about tonight.

No news about Wayzilla. She has not contacted DD for 17 days. Although it is not very Plan B for life like, my boss and I did a drive by at Wayzilla’s company. Not much stock in the yard and the chassis pool is about ½ gone. But her car was there and the rest of the employee parking places were full so they are still getting by. The body company they have distributed for over 20-years has cancelled them. While I was there that product was about 80% of the total revenue. Can’t be much more time left for them.

Well, have a great weekend MBers. Hopefully I won’t be joining my little freshman back up guard at the trash can tonight. She has a tendency to barf around game time. The girl’s have nicknamed her “Chuck”.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It aint just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
S
We go to this great Irish Pub after games to finalize our stats and call the newspapers. I hope there is a little to party about tonight.

I'm surprised you guys don't have contract reporter that cover all of the games...My coworker and AWESOME friend here covers them. I've gotten to a few games with her and she's called it in after the games, stats, quotes, and everything. The last one I went with her to her article made the front page of the sports section!

have a wonderful weekend! Wishing your girls the best of luck!

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
C
OP Offline
C
Hi Rin!

There are not enough reporters around to cover all the games but I am sure we will have a couple tonight from the North area since it is a league opener and double-header.

I would be cool with a front page as long as it's not a pic of my freshman and I woofin' in the trash can.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It aint just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
S
Originally Posted by Chrisner
She has a tendency to barf around game time

I used to do this before dance recitals in high school; then I just felt like I was going to pee my leotard the rest of the evening grin.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
OP Offline
C
then I just felt like I was going to pee my leotard the rest of the evening

You needed one of those....um....attachment…um….thingies that BC mentioned in his thread.

C
OP Offline
C
Hmmmmm....DD21 just called. She has figured out how much her books for the upcoming semester will cost. In the divorce decree I was to pay the tuition and Wayzilla would handle the books. I was going to pay the entire bill but Wayzilla insisted she would cover the books so DD didn’t think she was being abandoned completely by her mother. You know, sort of like she has done anyway?

So it was clear to me that DD just wanted me to say I would cover the books so she would not have to call her mother. It looks like she wants in on Plan B. I told her we would talk about it tonight after the game but in the end I would do whatever she wants. She used the comment, "Since Mom does not want anything to do with me anyway and I am nothing but an inconvenience......."

So although I don’t generally ask for any particular advice here I thought it is time to open the topic to discussion.

Let's try to keep thongs, belly rings, tatoos, beer and Zulus out of this for at least 3-4 replies.

Last edited by chrisner; 01/09/09 05:56 PM.

S
S
Want me to send her an email? smile

C
OP Offline
C
You already have an email war going. It's not wise to fight a 2-front war.

(but that would be cool to see)

Last edited by chrisner; 01/09/09 05:42 PM.

W
W
Me! Me! Pick me!!!!

:twobyfour:

I'd pay for them yourself. I don't think DD should be FORCED to contact WayZ and ASK for something. Even if it is what WayZ SHOULD do - I don't like DD21 feeling like she HAS to. KWIM?

Buying books doesn't make you a mother.

Fox

C
OP Offline
C
Yeah, the money is not really the issue since my portion is about a 12:1 ratio anyway.

Buying books doesn't make you a mother.

It's funny how at that last meeting before the decree that she and her attorney were so insistent that she pays for the books and give the appearance of involvement.

Last edited by chrisner; 01/09/09 06:08 PM.

F
F
Hey Chrisner! Tell your DD that after having met her in person, I would LOVE to have a daughter like her. It makes me sad what wayzilla has done to that wonderful young woman. Buy the books and let DD have her peace. ((DD21))

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
S
S
If you have the extra cash, pay for the books.

There, now can we talk about belly button piercings? smirk

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
S
It's not wise to fight a 2-front war.
But I'm totally up to it. I can even use a new color.

Dear WZ,

DD21 has told me that her books this semester will cost $xx. I know the decree says you'll pay for her books. Would you rather that I paid for them?

Love and kisses,

Chrisner

This might subject you to "Well, why didn't she tell me instead" [color:#000000]and maybe "Why hasn't she bla bla bla[/color]"

to which you could respond "I don't know. Are you going to pay for them, or shall I?"

Last edited by sdguy038; 01/09/09 06:44 PM.
P
P
Pay for the books. Send Wazilla the invoice with a sticky-note that says "per the decree, please forward a check immediately."

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists. Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
B
B

GRRR WayZ :twobyfour: rant2 grumble

Chris,

I'm pretty much in agreement that you go ahead and buy the books if it's not a hardship for you (which it doesn't sound like it is)

However, I am torn on bringing it up to the Z. On the one hand, this IS her responsibility. On the other, it's obvious that DD21 has had enough of the abdonment and further wayward fog dealings she has to have the the Z.

No matter how it is approached, DD21 is going to hear 'something' from her about it, and we ALL know that it won't be pleasant.

The question is if it is better to let DD21 escape that wrath/issue with the Z or to make the Z live up to her responsibilities?

Tough call.

There is no right or wrong answer here. It's obvious that by you buying the books and then trying to deal with the Z on your own about it, you are picking the 'best' possible scenario to try to accomplish both of the goals.

Unfortunately, due to who you are dealing with, it's not going to be so simple.

Talk to DD21 a bit more. Let her know your plan, but also prepare her for the possibility, should you bring it up to the Z, that DD21 may still have to deal with some fallout.

Man, this week ended up with me wanting to commence a beating on some nasty ex-ww's!! :twobyfour: :twobyfour:

I'm so glad DD21 has you!!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
Page 41 of 52 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation