Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2191493 01/11/09 11:39 PM
S
SIHW Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Ok she is not a dog....but something told me to go to the SPCA a few weeks ago....for 9 years (starting right before i was married) I had a cat I adored...her name was Isis. When things got bad and I had to move home to my parents I was forced to part with her. My father is deathly allergic to cats....were talking a severe asthmatic reaction. I had friends who looked out for her at the SPCA. She was adopted to a loving home. well I had a bad dream that she was back there. I had to go and make sure she wasn't because if she was she was coming home with me. I wouldn't leave her there.

To my relief she wasn't but I did meet a rare beauty. I first noticed the pair of emerald eyes staring at me through metal bars. Then the long yowl...then the stripes. I knew for certain she was a Bengal. My Fiance and I took her to the viewing room and played with her and she amazed us. We left that day touched by her energy and drive.

A week later we were at the SPCA again for a CPR/First aid/AED recert class. I went to see if by chance she was there and she wasn't. I asked the girl on duty in the cat room if she had been adopted but she said she didn't know.

Monday at work came around and it just popped into my head so I called. She was still there just being treated for an upper resperatory infection. Friday we went to visit her...not telling DS. She was so happy to see us and affectionate and talkative. Warmed up quickly...We had decided she was right for us.

We went back to the front and filled out the pre-adoption paper work and they gladly put her on hold for us as we were to return the next day to complete the paper work. They told us she had to remain for 5 more days after her meds were complete to make sure she was completely ok.

They called the next day saying she could come home. We arrived at the scheduled time and completed the paper work taking her home. I am proud to announce our newest arrival Sehtka Bastet who is a pure bengal about 1 year of age. In 1 day she has fully adjusted to us and found her nitch in our home (including sleeping with me all night).

Here are some Pictures:

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa51/Tigeresstms/sehtka/?action=view&current=100_0733.jpg

Last edited by SIHW; 01/13/09 02:05 AM.
SIHW #2191514 01/12/09 12:31 AM
C
C
congrats but your photo links aren't working

cinderella #2191562 01/12/09 07:44 AM
A
A
Very cute!!!

Links didn't work but I was able to find them by looking for your user name of Tigeresstms on the website.

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
S
SIHW Offline OP
OP Offline
S
that should work it's a direct link to the album.

SIHW #2192623 01/13/09 06:11 PM
B
B
Awwwww! Very beautiful. Congrats.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (anchorwatch, bb1471, 1 invisible), 654 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation