Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
erichh Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I think I'll use Imagine's letter for my email to the OM. For my WW's siblings, here is the email I have typed up:

Dear Smith Family,

It is with deep sorrow that I inform you of this. My wife, V, is having an affair with another man. The reason for me telling you this is to expose my wife's fantasy behavior in an attempt to end the insanity of this affair and bring reality back to her life. She is destroying our marriage and doing indescribable damage to our innocent children by setting this poor example. I love V with all of my heart and am willing to do anything to save our marriage. I have witnessed the miracles that can take place when the Smith family pulls together to love a suffering sibling as in the example of Heidi. Please offer your support, prayers, fasting, and love for V during this trying time. My greatest hope is that V will return to her senses and end a very damaging affair and save her own soul and hopefully work to reconcile our marriage together if this is possible.

Sincerely,

Erich

PS. V has posted some very hurtful photos of her and her boyfriend kissing on a public website for the public to see. I am including the links to you in hopes that V will feel ashamed of this poor decision and remove the adulterous photos from the public eye.

<Links to said websites

Do these sound ok? I will have to call her parents since they do not have email..

I am a 32 yr old betrayed husband.
My wayward wife is 31.
Married 3.5 years.
Found out about affair when it started around 10/1/08.
Affair started as emotional via internet, then went physical.
Wife moved out on 12/27/08.
I filed for legal separation to get visitation with my son--wife countered with big D but now says she is in no hurry to finalize the D??
Currently in Plan A.
3 yr-old son.
7 yr-old step son.
11 yr-old step daughter.
I
I
Erichh

Firstly, you need to move this thread to the General Questions forum.

Secondly, you need to express your disgust to your WW of her behaviour. No, you cannot stop her. Inform her that she,your family and your marriage ARE worth fighting for.

Thirdly, massive exposure is essential. Both parties churches, friends, family, workplace. Dang it, if you need to, have a billboard made.

Fourthly, you need to talk less and do more. It's all about action. For example: I would probably confront OM at the most embarrassing venue and loudly ask him how long he has been f''king your W.

Five. By now you should have read what a plan A is all about from the reading of Dr Harley's book "Surviving an Affair"

Six. Don't try and change her. You won't. Change you - look smart. Don't whine or talk too much or talk about the affair.

Seven. Be consistent.

Eight. There is lots more - keep reading the articles...

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
I
I
Originally Posted by erichh
Dear Smith Family,

My wife is having an affair. I appeal to you for your support and any influence that you may be able to exert in this matter. I would value your prayers for our marriage, our children and myself.

Sincerely,

Erich

(Enclose photos & Links to websites)

Remember the KISS principle in your communication

(Keep It Simple Stupid)

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
G
G
I think I'll use Imagine's letter for my email to the OM.

Why are you thinking of exposing to OM? Doesn't he already know?

BH (me) age 55
FWW age 52
married 26 years
First DDay 2/23/08, 1 day after PA began, ~1-1/2 months after EA began
Multiple failed attempts at NC
confirmable NC since 1/23/09

(D 31; S 29) my first marriage
(D 27; S 25) her first marriage
G
G
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
One thing that Dr Harley has recommended is having a VISIT with the OM and shaking him up a bit. Ask him what his intentions are for your wife and tell him you intend on fighting for your marriage and will have him hauled into court to give testimony under oath about his affair. That might wake him up a bit.

I had thought about doing something like that, but then decided against it, figuring OM, from knowing what little I did about him, would just say something like, "Well, if she had a real man at home, she wouldn't have needed to look elsewhere." That probalby would have just led to a fight.

FWW later confirmed, after coming out of the fog, yeah, that's exactly how he would have responded.

BH (me) age 55
FWW age 52
married 26 years
First DDay 2/23/08, 1 day after PA began, ~1-1/2 months after EA began
Multiple failed attempts at NC
confirmable NC since 1/23/09

(D 31; S 29) my first marriage
(D 27; S 25) her first marriage
G
G
DO NOT WARN HER ABOUT EXPOSURE IN ANY WAY!!!

just expose, and do it right this second

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 418 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation