Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 137 of 142 1 2 135 136 137 138 139 141 142
W
W
Can't you "unauthorize" her. I thought the divorce was final?

I can't imagine a judge would make you liable for this carrying forward.

I think I must have missed something.

Fox

J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
No.. she can't -use- the card anymore.. she's no longer an authorized user, but I have authorized her to make payments on the account.

The court can't force her to obtain a credit line and transfer the balance.. I've shopped down that aisle..

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
W
W
OH!!

Well, now, THAT makes sense.

You have every right to ride her butt everytime she miss or changes a payment on it.

Again, if she doesn't like it she can make the choice to transfer the balance or get a loan to pay it off. If she can't, she should just zip her lip and get it paid.

IMHO. grin

Fox

S
S
Yea, see I'm in the same sitch with POWS and the Harley...he has been told to make the payments but it's still in both of our names and I can force me to refi...

Of course I asked and he SAID that he was denied but I don't think that he ever did it to begin with... he was also responsible for payment of a credit card that was in my name but he wasn't making payments...well, they were late when he did, so I took it back...

Of course, comm. property hasn't been settled either...

James I feel your pain on this one! It drives me insane and I know he hates that I ask about it but I will keep asking...if he doesn't want me know HIS business, then get the dam* thing refi'ed!

Until then I will keep up with it! It's MY right!

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
S
S
Wow, James, I haven't been on in awhile.

Good for you about the way you handled the credit card payment, and the correspondence.

Bugsmom got it right down the line! Darn you, darn you, darn you!

Happy New Year, this one has to be better. Take care of yourself and those kids!

J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Here's hoping it turns out to be a good one.

Still waiting on paperwork from my A.. and a certified letter I'm anticipating receiving. Apparently she's filed an intent to move notice.

Triggered when I looked at the old law saying one had to be filed if she was moving > 100 miles away... but the new law says even if she's moving across the street.

We'll see.. no sense getting excited until I know the details.

My guess is it's a convenient way for her to open up custody etc again now that she's probably figured out how she screwed up in her settlement offer.

Not triggering today.. too busy to worry about her.

Had a good weekend with DS, spent mostly indoors staying warm and playing video games.. but hey, a lazy weekend can be good so long as it's not the norm right?

So why am I so tired?

I have tonight off of kiddie duty.. no plans.. might curl up and sleep off my weekend.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
S
HI James So how was the weekend?

I hear you on the sleepin part...I sleep alot today...but then again I didn't go to bed until 5:30-6 am yesterday...got up around 9am and went to church, ran some errands, went ride the bike with a new friend...got the kids back, went to dinner last night and home...

It was interesting to say the least...

Thomas Carlyle
B
B
James,

Are you rested up enough to give us an update??

Just thinkin about ya! Hope all is well.

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Ayup.. rested and feelin a little frisky today even for me.

I talked to my A yesterday, and we're still waiting to hear a response from her and her A about some verbage in the decree.. so still no paperwork, which means I'm still paying through the nose the amount ordered in the Temporary Orders for support, as well as maintaining insurance since work can't issue a change of status without the decree. So... she's costing me good money for no good reason.. at least that'll be over soon.. I hope.

I did however get the info on where she's planning to move to, turns out she's going to be about 3 minutes down the road from my mom's house. She's not asking for any change in custody or support with the move notice, so I'm probably just going to let it go. Unfortunately for DSD and DS it's in the crappiest school district in the county (I live in the best one), and unfortunately for her and WB has the highest property tax rate... maybe she'll be renting.. who knows. Interesting sidenote.. it's about 2 houses down from where a girl I had a brief but very intense thing with in High School lived. Good times..

The credit card payments all cleared over the weekend so that's all good too.. and as a result of all of these things, I had a bit of an epiphany this morning.

You know you've detached and are starting to heal when you can actually be plesantly suprised by the WS or the exWS actually does something right, or behaves honestly about something? To be honest, I'd pretty much started looking at everything she's told me recently in a purely speculative manner.. figuring she's been lying so much, it's probably best to believe nothing until I see concrete proof... it's kinda nice when the proof comes and things aren't so bad as they could be.

On my side of the fence at least, things are starting to get interesting.. friends trying to hook me up with their other friends.. the band has another gig soon and then we're locking ourselves in a room to record a full-length CD.. my brother offered to give me our dad's old 92 GMC pickup, which solves several problems and concerns that I have with my car, such as being able to haul things around, and having a dependable backup vehicle should something break on the fragile little 03 Neon with 150K miles on it.. I just have to figure my way down to Wichita KS to pick it up.. Might head down that way over Memorial Day to do that.

If only I had a place to crash in the StLouis/KC area on the way home wink

Last edited by Jamesus; 01/21/09 10:46 AM.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
S
break on the fragile little 03 Neon with 150K miles on it..
rotflmao rotflmao

LMAO...I'm sorry, it's just hard to imagine YOU in that little bitty car!

...hmmmmmm....I wonder WHO you could be hinting at? LMAO

Thomas Carlyle
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yup.. me and my rolling chicane..

It's got a really nice stereo in though!

Ok.. it's embarrasing to drive.

I bought it for WW when we were dating.. she was hauling herself and her daughter 45 minutes to my house in a junker of an 83 Caddie.. the sort where the steering wheel 'floated' on you even if you were going straight... so for safety reasons I got the cheapest most reliable four banger I could find for her to drive.

At the time I was driving a VERY nice 35th Anniversary Z28 that I had put a -lot- of work into.. was a daily driver, but could have easily been a 'show' car... that ended up being traded for the van that WW now is responsible for.. because the infant seat for DS wouldn't fit in the back of the 'maro..

*sigh*

I do admit though to looking longingly at the Challengers at the Dodge lot..

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
S
WOW! That's an interesting story!

I do admit though to looking longingly at the Challengers at the Dodge lot..

A man after my heart! LOL...you pick up one of those puppies and we will definitly be swapping stories!

While I was in Houston, my friend and I ran up on a Posche 911! I knew I couldn't touch it but GOD it was fun to try! LOL

Thomas Carlyle
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Lol..

More likely I'm going to wait and see what they do with the new Camaros due out this year.

If the V8's are reasonably priced I'll go there.

The price jump between the V6s and the V8s for the Challengers is beyond rediculous, and given that they're starting around 26K for the V6s and want almost 10K more for a V8.. and that's before you get into the SRT's... well.. I'm a little leary.

Especially considering that my old 'maro had a Corvette LS1 engine in it, and while I swindled the salesman pretty good, saving my green-slip until he'd come back with a 'final' offer from his finance department (got a 28K car for just over 19).. Still.. I while I understand performance costs.. I will not be paying > 25K for a car I'm going to have to dump premium gas into at an alarming rate.

As a result.. Chevy has the opportunity to earn my business with the new 'maros.. otherwise I'll be buying my first Ford in July.

On the other hand.. I'd probably get disowned by my family, but the new Nissan Z's are pretty sweet...

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
S
The price jump between the V6s and the V8s for the Challengers is beyond rediculous, and given that they're starting around 26K for the V6s and want almost 10K more for a V8.. and that's before you get into the SRT's... well.. I'm a little leary.

I hear you on this one! Mind you my car's an 06 Charger and I picked it up cheap, but I found the original MSRP in the car...FOR 33K...

I was like SWEET! Considering I picked mine up for 17,900...V8...RT...WHAT? Heated seats, sunroof! OMG! Momma's rolling in style and lovin the roar! I do want to change out the exhaust and do a few other things to it but not right now! The more I drive her the more I love her! VOOM VOOM BABY! That V8 and the gas for it, I'm more than willing to deal with to have THIS CAR! It's momma's little get away! if you know what I mean! grin

Looking ofrward to seeing what they do with CAmos too!

Thomas Carlyle
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yup.. Only complaint I have about the modern chargers is that they look like a beefed up and angry slightly annoyed Chrysler 300 to me. I know it's in the engine and such, but IMO that's like squeezing a V8 into a four door Grand Prix and calling it a GTO..

naughty

Dodge and Ford got it right with the newer Mustangs and Challengers.. if you're going to make a pony.. dress her to play the part.

GM made a big mistake in making all of their cars look like bigger or smaller versions of eachother... Dodge did the same thing with the Chargers and Avengers... Just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Ford IMO actually scored in a big way here because they managed to go back to what the Mustang was INTENDED to be.. muscle that was stylish, yet affordable to the blue collar working joe.. I hope and pray Chevrolet/GM was taking notes.

As for Dodge.. I can drive off the lot in a V8 Mustang GT with a bucketfull of special options on it for what I'd pay for their low end Challenger... I love the lines of the car, and having test drove one, it's a friggin dream.. but why would I want to waste my money on a V6 and spend the rest of my days sounding like a vegetable juice commercial... I coulda had a..

Sorry Dodge..

C'mon 'maro! pray

Last edited by Jamesus; 01/21/09 02:22 PM.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
S
rotflmao

I hear you! I'm in love with the old mustangs...a friend of mine had a 93 and it was awesome, a little difficult to get your hands in even for someone like me BUT OMG the ROAR and RUSH!

IMO that's like squeezing a V8 into a four door Grand Prix and calling it a GTO..

Funny you mentioned this, my other car is a Grand Prix GT...so I upgraded in my eyes! I happen to love the Challenger alot more than the Charger...I mean who wouldn't!!! THat's gorgeous!

I love the throwback that they did on the design! I'm a muscle car lover myself...have always wanted to do a complete rebuild on something, ANYTHING! To be able to say I DID THAT! WOW! THAT'S MY CAR!

Oh the rush! Right now I'm just thrilled to have the Charger compared to the GT! The V8 is a thrill in comparison! And the other thing I love is that it's rear wheel drive where as the GT was not! I had sooooo much trouble with that! I DO NOT like a front wheel drive!

The other thing I like is that I COULD easily get the Charger up to 400hp...I don't think that I would do a CAI becasue of the way the car's designed. It's really pointly if it's breathing from the front and not the engine compartment! Not sure about going with a chip either...exhaust, headers...that's pretty much what I ahve in mind!

Like you said, sometimes I don't like the design of the Charger becasue it is bigger than my GT...but I really wanted a truck or SUV and this gives me the room for hauling stuff...

Look forward to hearing what you do about your ride...

HMMMMM....wonder if you'll get that place to stay in St. Louis area? dance2

Thomas Carlyle
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yeah... I guess what turns my stomache though is that I look online these days and my 'maro would be worth more today than it was when I bought it..

Dang.. collectors and such drivin the price up.. just makes me sick that I coulda done so much better on the back end of that deal.

Yup.. love muscle cars. My dad had a maroon 78 charger with the custom engine you had to special order from the factory.. I remember that thing used to lurch when sitting at stop signs.. and my mom refused to drive it in winter because it had too much power to the rear..

That car was sick..

Helped a friend restore a 72 Shelby GT once... such a beautiful machine..

Talked a friend into getting rid of his '87 944 for a fully restored 79 firebird... even trade.. he thanked me later.

I'd love to get my hands back on my old ride.. but something new and different might be nice too.. I may look at a used Charger if I can't find a good deal on something else.. just hate to look around and think I was driving an Avenger wearing big boy pants..

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
S
I learned to drive on a '69 Charger. 383. Fun car.

J
J
CUSE ME!!!!

Old mustang...93??????

Actually, the original mustangs didn't have that much go. They were meant to be inexpensive, but sized for the "younger" crowd. wink

It wasn't until Shelby got hold of it and made the Cobra and then the Mach 1 series in 70 and 71 that Mustang had some serious muscle. After that ford made a mess of the mustang with things like the mustang II, then mustang went down the drain.

The new ones??? Now we are getting back toward the mustang muscle car days.

Owned at 67 and a Mach 1 in my day. One was pretty gutless, but fun. The other well, it was really fun. Used to do 1200 miles in roughly 14 hours and never got her over 3 Grand. smile Not many highway patrol in those days as you can tell. wink

JL

S
S
OMG, all of this car talk is getting me worked up! rotflmao

JL, sorry! rotflmao

SD, OMG, man! That's so awesome!

I love hearing you guys talk engines!

MORE! MORE! MORE!

I heard Shelby and Cobra and Mach 1...

I like bringing the boys to car shows! I recently saw a MAch 1 that was to die for! But at this particular show there were tons of Camos! So, James, I understand what you are talking about driving up the price!

I would love to have a 67' or 68' GTO! My dad had one when I was a kid and I was in love with it! It was a reddish orange! Fabulous! I have a pic of it on my frig at home! I'll have to check the year when I get home!

Thomas Carlyle
Page 137 of 142 1 2 135 136 137 138 139 141 142

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 783 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation