Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 66 of 100 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 99 100
C
C
Well, that must have been quite a little drive. It's now about 38 hours later and AW still isn't back. Maybe we should send out a search party.

C
C
THREAD JACK!!!!

For those of you not familiar with ChaiLover's thread, WH filed for D, please check out the last several posts. She is facing the eminent crisis of providing care for her addict-daughter's newborn. This is a new crisis in Chai's live and she could really use some help. As the mother of a grown woman, she has nothing, REPEAT - NOTHING for this baby...no bed, clothes, food, bottles. There is talk about a cyber-shower for our friend.

D
D
AW - I told the Wookie if I have to go to Oz fer Aussie's funeral, I'm gonna KILL that man o'yours!

Seriously, how's he supposed to take care of YOU and Mikey if'n he doesn't take care of himself?

I swear. Ya'll are gonna make me come to Oz so I can beat some sense in my brother's thick cabaza!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
A
A
well Kimmy that bro of yours did give me a few worries the first few days in hospital but hes on the mend. whining about all the meds he has to take... says they upset his tummy :RollieEyes:

but hectic days lately here .... some things sorted others lingering.

Mrs VDK in denial confused .... no way ... not possible ..puke ... cough ... not possible ... crazy stress of course .... if you say so dear :RollieEyes:

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C
Oh, my! So you think she's in denial.... rotflmao Hanging out at the hospital..... rotflmao doing all that medical stuff.... rotflmao

D
D
says they upset his tummy

Tell him to suck it up and be a man.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
flirt I'm hoping! flirt

Rella, medical personnel are the WORST denialers there are!!! grin

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
I imagine they are...that's why I'm rotflmao

A
A
well the beloved medical one claims definitely not .... tested & blood tests as well ..... so I suppose not.
My dear girl has a enthusiasm for planning for things like babies... work ... careers...lunch.... dinner.... making the bed ... blowing her nose ... and so on.
I suggested she just have some fun and see what happens ... reply: how do you plan for that crazy

I think someone's over trained :RollieEyes:

its a battle to get her to see she doesn't have to be in control of everything or even most things .... faint I think all military wives go through this adjustment ... I was terrible for some time like that. Obsessive almost ...ok most grin

But at least I got her go see her GP around the corner ... all the blood tests ..... she can tell him how wrong his diagnosis is :RollieEyes: rotflmao

but that's ok he tells me he really enjoys the arguments ... he usually puts aside 40 mins for her. rotflmao

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

A
A
Here's how to change a starter motor on a car after your repeated requests to your menfolk are ignored. Crickets on TV.

Have a piece of chocolate cake with lots of cream. And a coffee.

Step outside and look at the car. Adopt a daunted expression. crazy

Pop the bonnet of the car. The bonnet is situated where the hood should be if the car was situated several thousand miles east. cool

Glance under the bonnet at the engine. Adopt an EVEN more daunted expression. These expressions only work correctly if the degree of daunt exceeds 80%.

Have a another piece of chocolate cake with lots of cream. Coffee optional. smile

Fetch the toolbox and open it. Remove the terminals from the battery and lift the battery off. Take the car battery indoors and put on charge.

Swear when you realise that a 13mm spanner is to big..... the 11mm spanner is too small and you don't have a 12mm spanner. Swear again... whilst eating another piece of chocolate cake with lots of cream.

Pop next door and borrow summat to turn a little 12mm nut with. Make sure that you know where the four wires go before removing them. Well..... just remove two of 'em for now.

Have a another piece of chocolate cake with lots of cream whilst your daughter fetches the "spare" starter motor from the shed. She knew we had one even if I didn't!!! dontknow

Graze your knuckles whilst trying to turn the nuts. This is most important. It helps when telling Asst. Mech. daughter about it later.

Slide under the car. Prepare yourself to be attacked by an Kelpie's tongue and push aforementioned pet away gently until he gets bored and finds summat else to do.

As you get comfortable under the car..... realise that the spanner you need is where the car battery fits..... and out of reach. Shout "Liz"!

Gratefully accept the socket thingy from Liz and try to ignore her giggles. And swear a bit more when ya bang your funny bone on the diff.

And.... as the nut comes off the bolt..... drop the spring washer in your hair. Although this is optional if I recall.

Get out from under the car. Try to do this without banging your head on the bull-bar. If this fails...... swear again and have another piece of chocolate cake with lots of cream.

Extricate the loosened starter motor from the amazing tangle of fuel pipes, heater hoses, brake pipes and other assorted and as yet undefinable "bits" of the engine. Get it jammed a couple of times and realise that you have to unfasten the other two wires off it before it will come out.

Unfasten the two wires and lift the starter motor out. Compare the two starter motors. Swear when you realise that the one you were gonna fit has a terminal broken off it. rant2

Adopt a VERY, VERY daunted expression. And wish that Santa had brought you a soldering iron at Xmas. sigh

Have dinner....... with coffee and a another piece of chocolate cake with lots of cream . Preferably in that order.

Try and think of someone nearby with a soldering iron. Whilst thinking about this go to shopping centre and buy some terminals. And a new battery charger having finally realised that the one you're trying to charge the battery with - is buggered. (Aust technical term)

Put the car battery on charge with the new charger.

Suddenly remember that a washing machine engineer lives just down the street. Chuck the starter, a bit of wire and a terminal into a carrier bag and go down to see him. Find out that he's out but he'll "get round to it as soon as he returns".

Go back 3 hours later to find that he's unable to solder a new terminal to it 'cos he's sold his big soldering iron and hasn't got a fine enough nozzle for his gas powered solder gun.

Think to yourself that he's a prize git but don't tell him, just smile nicely. You might need him to fix the washing machine in the future.

Return home. Decide to take both starter motors to bits and make one good one out of the two junk ones. think

Realise it's pitch dark outside and stop. Resolve to get up early in the morning to complete the task.

Get up early in the morning and refit the battery taking special care to ensure the terminals are fitted tightly.

Carefully twist and turn the rebuilt starter motor through the tangle of "bits" until it slots into place. Insert top nut and bolt and tighten.

Slide under the car in the stinking hot sun and lie in the biggest puddle of oil you can find. Realise that, although you have the correct socket in your hand........ you've left the bolt inside the house.

Swear as you shuffle out from under the car..... getting even oily-er. (Aussie term don't bother) Meet Liz as you open the door with the two bolts in her hand and wish that you'd waited for a moment longer under the car. Damn!

Get back under the car...... and lie in the oil puddle. Fit the bottom nut and bolt and tighten carefully.

Listen whilst Liz points out a thick wire that is hanging down from "somewhere". Swear when she points out that the bolt you've just fitted should have the wire attached to it. Loosen bolt and include the wire in the assembly. Re-tighten.

Get oil in hair from the underneath of the gearbox.

Scramble out from under the car getting even dirtier. Swear a bit more..... especially when she points out that it looks like I've messed myself and she's laughing her head off. Scowl as she rolls on the ground in uncontrolled laughter. Try not to wish she will have triplets first time around. blush

Ask Liz which way round the two thin wires should be attached to the little terminals. Refit them. Adopt less daunted look.

Reposition the other thick wire to the threaded terminal and finger-tighten. Position socket over nut and watch @&*$ing great sparks try to fry you as metal ratchet-handle touches another metal part of the car about 4 inches (100mm) from your nose. Jump back and nearly fall over the dog. Swear. Again.

Remove leads from positive terminal of battery!!!

Continue to tighten terminal on starter motor but this time.... without the sparks!

Reconnect battery.

Get into the car and turn the ignition key. As car starts adopt a surprised look. A VERY VERY surprised look!!! Quickly assume superior expression as if you expected it to work. laugh

Relax. and leave Liz to put all the tools away! This is most important. After all..... she needs to feel that she did her part too!! Whilst you relax in a hot bath and try to get the friggin oil and grease off your body.

Ignore the amused looks of your H and SIL who say they could have done it in 15 mins if I had only asked. Count to 10 .... twice ... yes after thinking about you ARE RIGHT .... they're JERKS (another technical term) :RollieEyes:

AW's school of automotive mechanics

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
rotflmao me too!

T
T
THAT'S HOW THE FIGHT STARTED

One year, a husband decided to buy his mother-in-law

a cemetery plot as a Christmas gift.

The next year, he didn't buy her a gift.
When she asked him why, he replied, "Well, you still haven't used the
gift I bought you last year!"
And that's how the fight started.....

My wife walked into the den & asked "Whats on the tv?"

I replied "Dust".

A woman is standing nude, looking in the bedroom mirror.

She is not happy with what she sees and says to her husband, 'I feel
horrible; I look old, fat and ugly. I really need you to pay me a
compliment.'
The husband replies, 'Your eyesight's damn near perfect.'

My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming

anniversary. She said, 'I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 200 in about 3 seconds.

I bought her a scale.

I asked my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?'

It warmed my heart to see her face melt in sweet appreciation.
'Somewhere I haven't been in a long time!' she said.
So I suggested, 'How about the kitchen?'
And that's when the fight started....

My wife and I are watching Who Wants To Be A Millionaire while we were

in bed. I turned to her and said, 'Do you want to have sex?'
'No,' she answered.
I then said, 'Is that your final answer?'
She didn't even look at me this time, simply saying 'Yes.'
So I said, 'Then I'd like to phone a friend.'
And that's when the fight started....

I tried to talk my wife into buying a case of Miller Light for $14.95.

Instead, she bought a jar of cold cream for $7.95. I told her the beer

would make her look better at night than the cold cream.
And that's when the fight started.....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I took my wife to a restaurant. The waiter, for some reason, took my

order first.
'I'll have the strip steak, medium rare, please.'
He said, 'Aren't you worried about the mad cow?'
'Nah, she can order for herself.'
And that's when the fight started.....

S
S
rotflmao

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
S
S
How is everyone?

And no, that is not a rhetorical question.

SS has had a few difficult months.
Our business did terrible the last 6 months of 2008, so we had a going out of business sale in December. We sold every thing and paid all our bills, including the bank. I feel very blessed that we were able to pay all of our vendors, many of whom I consider to be friends.

I have been looking for a job, and (thank the Lord) may have something lined up.

My W still loves me.
I still love her.

God still loves and helps us both.

Our children (6 of whom are married) all still have jobs, and are doing reasonably well.

I really would like to know how every one here is doing. I hope you will comment.

Oh, and not just HOW you are doing, but WHAT is going in in your life. Some of you have been really quiet.
Admittedly, I have been quiet too. Some things are very stressful, and take a lot out of a person.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
C
C
hug SS hug

Originally Posted by still seeking
I have been looking for a job, and (thank the Lord) may have something lined up.

My W still loves me.
I still love her.

God still loves and helps us both.

Our children (6 of whom are married) all still have jobs, and are doing reasonably well.

I'm glad to hear all that good news. So very sorry to hear the other stuff. I really hope more good things (job & security) come your way in very short order.

I'm doing ok. Body is not quite as grumpy as it was. Can't tell what's going on w/ my blood pressure. The last 2 times I had it taken, it was pretty good. Today, a co-worker took it and it was out the roof.

Son is being only marginally compliant with schoolwork.

Daughter's senior thesis for her AP lit/comp class is due tomorrow. Guidance counselor for the seniors at her school is loved by the students but I don't know that she's helping the parents help their children get into college w/ all the financial aid possible. Tonight there is a financial aid meeting for seniors at my son's school and I want to crash it to learn what they have to say. Daughter wants us to go to yoga at the same time.

Daughter and I are training with Gilda's Gang to participate in a half-marathon in April. We are raising money for Gilda's Club which provides free support to cancer patients.

All h3ll may break loose at work on Monday if our new computer stuff goes live. Meanwhile, the state for which I work has, like most other states, a major/massive shortfall and we could end up losing some positions. So, I'm not sure my job is secure.

S
S
New computer systems are always......... what's the word?
I was going to say "fun" but couldn't bring myself to lie like that.

I see your Son, and Daughter are in the realm of normal. At least normal for teens.

How about your mother?
What ever happened with your daughter and BF? I hope that is safely behind you now.

I know you have had some serious health problems over the years. The blood pressure problem can be serious, or not. Mine is always high, but the doc says he suspects that is normal for me. We have agreed not to panic about it. Do you have any idea why yours might be high?

I envy you the half marathon. I was injured years ago, and I have a hard time walking very far these days. Well, I can do it once, but then I hobble around for a week after, because it hurts.

Hope you get some financial aid arranged. It seems so tough these days.

You know there are lots more questions I could ask - But, where does the time go?

SS

A
A
Hiya SS laugh

sorry to hear about the business and the job stuff ... hope it all goes well for you. Are YOU doing ok ... really????

Here its been hectic as well .... Aussie back in hospital and some surgery because he wouldn't do as he was told. Surprise surprise .. not :RollieEyes:

However he has bounced back well and today I found out they have allocated a nurse to come and attend him a few times a week ... he he he ... cause he is so stubborn. grin

Of course that means I have to CLEAN the house for visitors which is painful.

My DD has been having military wife reality problems ... loss of power to influence events etc in their married life ... accepting the Army comes first ... all that stuff. She thought she could get around all that I think because she was a Army brat. Thought she could get hubby to transfer to non combat area ... not gonna happen. But I'm staying out of it... got a counsellor in from the family support group. I suggested a baby or two.

Job is still a bit of fun ... helping people so its great ... Mikey is growing SO SO fast I want it to STOP right now!!!

Son is home safe and spending all his time with our young Hayley ... well we've already adopted her years ago so he'd better be good ... ... his fiancée ... I want the wedding soon. I think she should have babies too. cool

Just think ... my mum would then be a GREAT grandma ... rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

D
D
Sorry about the business, SS.

Sending you cyber brownies - they have all the love, but none of the fat.

Everything is okay here. VD has opted to NOT pick the kids up anymore for the time being. Dunno what we're gonna tell them...sad for them, but glad too...catch 22, that bit.

The Wookie got me a mini weiner dawg for Christmas. She goes to work with me at least once a week. As I am typing this she is curled up asleep on my shoulder. She's the easiest kid yet.

New house is getting broken in...what with the cats, guinea pigs, KIDS, dogs, turtles, KIDS, Wookies, KIDS and kids running around in it.

I

LOVE

MY

BATHTUB.

(I'll betcha thought I was gonna say kitchen...love that, too...but not as much as my garden tub)

No GI Joes or Barbies allowed (tho I DID find a lego in the drain once...)!

My Story

Recovered!
C
C
I WANT YOUR TUB!!!!

Page 66 of 100 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation