Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 67 of 100 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 99 100
A
A
I love our spa tub as well Kimmy. But I am very glad it is totally enclosed for privacy blush

Now as this is our own special aisle ... SS and other men can look the other way ... did you know it is a scientific fact that a woman is 3 times likely to conceive in a spa bath? Its true think

You know ... when I gave the kids that bottle of wine and the glasses a little while ago I think ... quite accidentally .. I forgot to tell them that.

It must be age ... I'm forgetting things . Dear me . uhuh

oh well can't help the split milk now can we grin

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

D
D
Cinders - go to Bath and Bodyworks and get the smoky amethyst bubble bath....then take a bubble bath with it.

I don't like the lotion, but the bubble bath is to die for.

Mom got it for me for Christmas.

Then you'll have a close approximation of my tub.

AW - I didn't get the kind with jets this time. I found I didn't use them, so only have a really deep tub....and it suits me just fine.

I want your DD to catch pg, too. Course, practise makes perfect, and we all want perfect children...

Let 'em practise for awhile. She'll catch it in God's time, not ours.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
C
C
AW, you're a mess!

A
A
Oh I know I haven't fooled her for one second Rella .. but a mum can hope for her daughter.
She is so lost in the worry and fear right now. her own family with the man she loves would bring her great joy. The kids were such a comfort when Aussie was God knows where. It was like ... well if anything happened there would always be a part of him here with me in them ... if that makes any sense. It still feels like that now you know.

but she will do as she decides. I know that too and I don't push her really ... just a gentle tease every now and then. sigh

besides ... she's weakening lol ... stickout

OH MOTHER !!!! she read this over my shoulder lol

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C
You are a big mess!

A
A
I have just sent mum off to bed, trying to stay awake for 20 hours in each 24 is not good. And 'but dad might need something' is NOT an acceptable excuse mum.
she's already asleep.

so for clarification -

No I don't mind mum teasing me about babies - its in good fun and well, who knows???? cool

its my aunts who push - baby this and baby that - I'm waiting for the knitted jump suit next :RollieEyes:

God save me from an Irish catholic family faint Nana is quite on the subject but then she's the most cunning of the lot - I adore her but I've seen her operate crazy

yes Cinderella mum is a mess, but I'm a far bigger one and it was a whole lot messier not long ago. We do mess well here :crosseyedcrazy:

Aunty Kimbers you have it right on the noggin smile practice makes perfect and I sorta like the practice keeping hubby happy blush grin

Of course I hate hate hate loosing - blame dad he made me that way - I just gotta learn which battles to fight and I'm new wife dumb really. wifing is so bloody hard - why didn't someone tell me?

Liz kiss

C
C
hug Aussie hug
hug AW hug
hug Mikey hug
hug AMum hug
hug Liz hug
hug Jonny hug
hug Jack hug
hug Hayley hug
hug All the other members of the Aussie family hug

D
D
Originally Posted by aussieswife
I have just sent mum off to bed, trying to stay awake for 20 hours in each 24 is not good. And 'but dad might need something' is NOT an acceptable excuse mum.
she's already asleep.

so for clarification -

No I don't mind mum teasing me about babies - its in good fun and well, who knows???? cool

its my aunts who push - baby this and baby that - I'm waiting for the knitted jump suit next :RollieEyes:

God save me from an Irish catholic family faint Nana is quite on the subject but then she's the most cunning of the lot - I adore her but I've seen her operate crazy

yes Cinderella mum is a mess, but I'm a far bigger one and it was a whole lot messier not long ago. We do mess well here :crosseyedcrazy:

Aunty Kimbers you have it right on the noggin smile practice makes perfect and I sorta like the practice keeping hubby happy blush grin

Of course I hate hate hate loosing - blame dad he made me that way - I just gotta learn which battles to fight and I'm new wife dumb really. wifing is so bloody hard - why didn't someone tell me?

Liz kiss

Honey, it could be worse...I've got Irish Catholics on one side and Mexican Catholics on the other.

We fight over whiskey or tequila.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
she's the most cunning of the lot

Do not let that woman anywhere near a turkey baster. Sleep with one eye open.

Wifing is a challenge even in the best of circumstances. Newlywed to a (hardheaded - is there another kind???) soldier is even harder. You have my sympathy, and lots of hugs.

SS, I'm so sorry to hear about your business, but how glad I am that you were able to pay your vendors!! That had to be a huge weight off your mind.

I've been meaning to sit down and do a nice, long update, but haven't gotten that elusive tuit yet. (You know, the round kind.) In short, we are fairly well. AJ is still here, though unemployed since November. It has been wonderful for the kids having him here so much.

I am the amazing schoolbus/taxi, and it seems like most of the days I'm either about to leave to go somewhere, gone somewhere, or just back from going somewhere and about to leave to go somewhere again. Not too much that's super-exciting: homeschool teacher meetings, picking the kids up from school, therapy for Mr. C twice a week, tutoring, Pathfinders, church, doctor's appointments, and much more.

Mom's gift of a one-month membership to the local gym has been much appreciated, too. smile

Probably most of you saw about the articles - that was a huge thing in my world, and I'm going to be scheduled for surgery in a few weeks, also huge. It will include a uterine ablation, and repair of various and sundry damages caused by childbirth.

Mr. C is really improving in his life after starting theraplay. He is also on day 44 violence-free, and just over 2 weeks from earning his pocketknife, on day 60. The Princess just won 4th place in the local "Why I Love Freedom?" writing contest, though it may have smarted a bit that Val won first. And the Dervish...how I wish I could follow him around and write about everything he does. Last night, he was bragging that he was part Native American from two tribes. "Mostly I am Sac and Fox, but I'm a little bit Parakeet, too." rotflmao

Not to forget Grandpa, he's still alive and kicking, though the slow descent continues. He comes up with plenty of funnies, though. Sometimes they're even funny at the time. The other night he was looking for a paper towel. Finally, giving up, he said disguestedly that he was going to go get some paper out of the toilet. I'm assuming he meant toilet paper, but I quickly got him a paper towel anyway.

So, in a nutshell, emphasis on the "nut", that's what we've been up to.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
Do not let that woman anywhere near a turkey baster. Sleep with one eye open.

rotflmao

yeah I have a lock on the bedroom door now. Mostly because a certain little brother has a habit of running in at the most inconvenient moments lol faint

All that taxi stuff must be wearing you down. very glad Mr C is doing so well, the young warrior is probably planning a raid on the fridge so watch out grin

and just think the Princess is following mums path, you could write a children's book together, just remind her of the knock backs a writer gets every now & then.

and as long as no one cracks the nutshell, nuts is ok hug

C
C
kiss

Liz, good to know that we can finally pick you out easily.

I bet that starting a marriage with the information you find here can make a big difference.

A
A
Oh Yeah it made a lot of difference. I was very leery of marriage for some time after mums affair. even after mum and dad worked it all out together it, marriage sorta made me uneasy.

Hubby wanted to marry 12 months before I agreed. I got a copy of "I promise you". Lots of good advice and the workbook was so easy to use. Of course a lot of stuff isn't available for POJA because its Army. Man frustrating !!!!!!! cry rant2

Maybe Harley should write a book for Military marriages!!! think

I have to admit we had some fun with the exercises -

Dennis has been dressing for an on-going, weekly Bible study wearing sandals, shorts, and an old t-shirt. Mary doesn’t like how he’s dressing and would like him to dress a little nicer. What should she do?

Option A: Say nothing and let it go—accepting him for who he is.
Option B: Tell him that he’s a slob and he must change immediately or else!
Option C: Tell him, “I’d love it if you’d wear this instead. How would you feel about that idea?” If he doesn’t agree, then ask him if he’s willing to negotiate another outfit.
Option D: Have the outfit mysteriously disappear from the face of the earth.

B & D came to mind laugh but of course C is the right answer

If Mary chooses Option C, how could Dennis respond to Mary’s honesty?
Option A: Tell her that she is too concerned about what people think and perhaps she should consider individual counselling to get over her anxiety.
Option B: Tell her “okay” and do whatever she wants him to do—even if it causes him discomfort every time they go to the Bible study
Option C: Tell her “okay” to get her off his back, but continue wearing what he wants to wear.
Option D: Tell her “Thank you for being honest with me.” Then a) “I would be happy to wear something different—I really don’t care what I wear”; or (b) “Let’s go to the closet and pick out outfits that we both like. And if we can’t find anything, let’s go out and buy a couple of outfits together.”

Of course option C was his choice :RollieEyes: but D was the right one to which he said "Wot you think I'm gay or something?" rotflmao

MEN !! :RollieEyes:

Anyway doesn't matter, his mum and I bought his wardrobe when he was deployed dance2 she is so just lovely a woman, I really care for her.

S
S
It's so good to hear from everyone !!

I can see that I need to get a spa tub right away.

We get to take care of two grand children for a week. Ages 14 months, and 3 years. Right now, it's still fun. Ask me next Saturday.

I wish I had time to comment on what everyone wrote, but time won't permit.

CC must be enjoying her summer - she hasn't reported in.
Neither has T&L. I didn't know she was bashful. I must make a note of it.
And Neaksis -

Hi M&L !!

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
T
T
I'm busy doing my headless chicken imitation. I'll be back later, but right now Kentucky Fried Chicken is on the line and I've gotta take the call! :RollieEyes:

tl

A
AJ_ Offline
A
The silver-tongued dev- I mean, dervish, has been at it again. grin

Happily recovered!and Happily Married :0)

Commit your works to the LORD and your plans will be established.
Proverbs 16:3
C
C
I hope you get a kick out of this!

------------------------

I had an a-ha moment. I am so sorry. I really blew that one!!! I apologize if you, or anyone else, found the previous link hurtful...

I have changed the link.

Walk Like an Egyptian

Last edited by cinderella; 02/02/09 10:25 PM. Reason: had an a-ha moment
A
A
Thats ok rella it was no probs this end!! cool Aussie even smiled at it. He's not doing much smiling these days the old grouch.

But we had some fun at the doc's today .... he had to go to the outpatient unit to get checked over... happens once a week and then the nurse come out during the week as well. Those sorry bast.... I mean people are trying their best to get him on his feet and back into the war asap. rant2 puke

I wonder if going to the docs is counted in your time together???? think

Anyway his doc was talking to us telling us what he can do and not do ... how long he should be walking or doing any LIGHT work ... LIGHT
so I boldly asked what about SF blush
Doc says well its ok as long as he doesn't do all the work !!! rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao
then he looked at us blanked faced and said 'Oh God did I actually say that? faint :twobyfour: laugh
We all just broke up and giggled like teens.

Well now that we have non Mikey time until 3.10 in the arvo... we had lunch ... salad all round (talk about b*tching) ... then had a little walk in the shops... nice and air cond cool ... got in the car.... drove home and then he had a look at the half dead front garden which our son & SIL have said they will fix ... when they get back from more pre deployment training in 3 weeks. :MrEEk: I will only say puke to all of deployment stuff.

So we snuggled on the sofa which is so comfy .... snogged a bit ... he put his head on my shoulder flirt ... and he fell asleep :RollieEyes:

sigh why fight it ... I had a sleep until it was time to go get Mikey.

T
T
I had a sleep until it was time to go get Mikey.

If you were going to get Mikey, Australia's Dervish-the-Younger, you NEEDED the sleep worse than you needed the, ahem, SF.blush

tl

C
C
AW, I am glad you weren't offended...I was suckered in by the fabulous costumes and the awesome harmonies.

----

Glad you had a good nap.

Glad 'the work' has to be shared....that is more fun than one person being the initiator....BTDT. (Every time I think about that, I like x more.)

----

I hope they decide Aussie is too valuable to go back.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Rella, I love a happy ending. grin

AW, grab every nap you can. Amongst all your menfolks, they'll see to it that you need the rest. One way or t'other.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Page 67 of 100 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 279 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation