Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2217047 02/19/09 06:11 PM
S
SIHW Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Wow....okay has anybody heard of this wonderful new phone/tv/internet service yet?

It is offered through at&t and omg would help BS's immensly. It allows you to go online and see all calls made/received/missed. Shows you the duration and can (I think) let you listen to those calls.

You can do other things too like log in from work and set it to record something on the dvr. But omg she was showing it to me this morning and it was awesome and affordable. It just became available in our area so you might check to see if it is available in your area if interested.

SIHW #2217051 02/19/09 06:19 PM
S
SIHW Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Oh also forgot....you can log in also and listen to messages (like voicemail) and you can block numbers from calling you.....sorry got overly excited there and hit submit.

SIHW #2217200 02/19/09 10:00 PM
M
M
I have same capabilities on Comcast. U-verse is only available to a small percentage of the MSAs where ATT is the local phone carrier. It is a fiber based system that requires new infrastructure so in some areas it will be another generation before it gets there. In areas where the fiber isn't installed, ATT bundles with Dish Network for TV service and then regular old telephone is all that you can get for phone service. (That's all you can do over twisted copper.)

Verizon's FiOS is the same technology, BTW.

I speak as a former ATT dealer, a Dish Network dealer, a DirecTV dealer and a current Verizon dealer and I'm currently processing the paper to sell Comcast services as well.

BTW, none of the current stuff allows access to voice mail on cell phones except by password and only then until a message is erased.

ATT advertises that you can record up to 4 channels at once, which is true, if you aren't trying to watch anything else. The current version of U-verse only allows up to 4 video streams into your house at one time. You can have 6 TVs hooked up but are only going to get 4 channels at once. And if you are watching 4, you can't record any at all unless it is one of the same 4.

You can only listen to voice mail but not calls that are completed nor any in progress.

DirecTV allows you to set your VCR from anywhere you have Internet connection, including the cell phone from any carrier. ATT only allows ATT cell phones to turn the trick.

Mark

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 672 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation