Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#2217057 02/19/09 06:38 PM
OP Offline
Hi,

I am an atheist and I have noticed something in many postings, particularly FWW because I read more of those. The FWW will often make a posting about her infidelity and sprinkle things like "I'm a Christian", "I love the lord", "I know God has forgiven me", ... throughout their postings.

I'm wondering why you do that? I see it so often I am beginning to think that christian women cheat more often than the others. wink My question is serious, I'm having trouble understanding what point you are trying to make.

Me 42 BS
Wife 41 FWW (exwife now)
Divorced 10/14/2008
S 21
D 18
D 16
S, S 13 (twins)
Grandson 8 months
N
N
I can only speak from personal experience, but me and my wife were raised in the Baptist religion. People, no matter what religion they, are still human and can make mistakes. I noticed a huge bad change in my wife over several years after we stopped going to church, and still even to this day she doesnt go back to her biblical principles she was raised in. My W cheated on me and I am willing to forgive her, but she has no biblical right to leave me. Still she doesnt care and will do it anyway. I can only say we are all human no matter what religion we are.

C
C
Frankly, as a Christian and a BW, I am offended by the wink you give to the concept of Christians stepping outside their marriage vows more often than non-Christians.

K
K
My theory is they say I LOVE GOD so much because they hope you will see that and go "oh she just strayed we should forgive her" or something like that.

A distraction from their misdeeds I suppose.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
P
P
Adultery isn't a "mistake".

It's a malicious act.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
K
K
If you were meaning what I said, I was mocking what the WSs who post often seem to mean.

I didn't mean that I believed it.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
P
P
I was implying "christian" women commit adultery because they have an automatic out.

Being "pre-forgiven" and the christian husband being REQUIRED to forgive her.

OP Offline
You are easily offended. The wink meant that I don't believe that.

Me 42 BS
Wife 41 FWW (exwife now)
Divorced 10/14/2008
S 21
D 18
D 16
S, S 13 (twins)
Grandson 8 months
OP Offline
Karmasrose, Pariah,

So sort of like saying I'm sorry I killed your puppy, I'm really a nice person. I can sort of see that. I think Pariah may also have a point in that is is like saying you are required to forgive me, if you are also a christian - so doesn't apply to me.

I was thinking it put christianity in a bad light but I can see what you are saying.

Me 42 BS
Wife 41 FWW (exwife now)
Divorced 10/14/2008
S 21
D 18
D 16
S, S 13 (twins)
Grandson 8 months
P
P
See, here's the kick in the teeth right here.

You are REQUIRED to forgive her malice, no matter how many times she does it.
Mark 11:25-27

25"Whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father who is in heaven will also forgive you your transgressions.

26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your transgressions."

But there's hope yet in this one.

John 20:24

23"If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained."

B
B
YES Christians are required to forgive but they are also permitted to divorce in the case of adultery so what exactly is your point?

There will be no unrepentant adulterors in heaven.

Unfortunately adultery is just as rampant in the church - not more rampant.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
M
M
Originally Posted by Pariah
26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your transgressions."

So does this mean there will be no BS's who haven't forgiven their WS's adultery in heaven? If so its a bit harsh no?

Plan D June 08
Me FBS 36
W 38
Married 13/1/09
The best is yet to come, with or without your WS
H
H
Originally Posted by 6yearsleft
Hi,

I am an atheist and I have noticed something in many postings, particularly FWW because I read more of those. The FWW will often make a posting about her infidelity and sprinkle things like "I'm a Christian", "I love the lord", "I know God has forgiven me", ... throughout their postings.

I'm wondering why you do that?

I Don't!

Yet I call myself a Christian.

Let me ask you a more important question please, what standard do you use to guage what is moral vs immoral? Like adultery, do you consider it a moral act or an immoral act?

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
P
P
Originally Posted by myfamilyilove

So does this mean there will be no BS's who haven't forgiven their WS's adultery in heaven? If so its a bit harsh no?

It gives me hope that I'll get to see her and OM in hell.

OP Offline
Hello tst,

Adultery is immoral, it is stealing through fraud. My morality is pretty basic, you are not allowed to compel another person through force or fraud ever. Also that human happiness is the greatest good. Seems to cover most situations.

Me 42 BS
Wife 41 FWW (exwife now)
Divorced 10/14/2008
S 21
D 18
D 16
S, S 13 (twins)
Grandson 8 months
T
T
I believe the reason Christian WS's outnumber non-christian WS on this forum is due in part because of the high value Christianity hold on marriage. We don't see WS's like my WstbxH who left to be with their OP and/or had no desire to remain in the marriage to start with. They just don't care about marriage building. OTOH, Christians have specific doctrines regarding marriage and a "Christian" WS may be less likely to want to give up their M just because they had an affair.

I put Christian in quotes there because I do believe there are some WS's that use it as a veil to cover up their malicious acts. Sort of a "now that I've seen the light you have to forgive me" type of get-out-of-jail free card that I think Pariah is talking about. Some even get away with here (at least in their own minds), probably because of the first category I described who are truly remorseful.

T
T
Originally Posted by myfamilyilove

It gives me hope that I'll get to see her and OM in hell.

Pariah, if you want to take comfort in my personal beliefs - I believe my post-d-day experience WAS hell. I've been and gone, and it's all uphill from here!

P
P
Tabbi, I knew there's a reason I like you!

You have the same name as my GF, you gotta be great! laugh

OP Offline
Tabby,

I can see that. I do think the site has a high population of christians in general. I can also see what you are saying about eh death row conversion aspect.

Me 42 BS
Wife 41 FWW (exwife now)
Divorced 10/14/2008
S 21
D 18
D 16
S, S 13 (twins)
Grandson 8 months
T
T
FWIW, I just opened another thread for the first time called "I am the one" and it's the second type I described to a TEE. I could be wrong, but the words read just as I pictured them when I typed that post above.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 276 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation