Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Galoot Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Two days ago marked the 1st year antiversary of the beginning of FWW's 5-month PA. Dday was the following day. I had been concerned for about a month about how I would handle it. Memories of dday and the subsequent events began to flash back again, even though FWW and I have been reconciling very well. She has been doing everything right, and I haven't triggered since around christmas.

But what was more interesting happened two weeks ago. FWW has been NC since 8/1/08, but Sunday two weeks ago we happened to see OM in church, and he had a new GF on his arm. OM was probably older than this girl's own father. lol. Anyway, after church, FWW starts in subtly with "did you see that baby that R__ was pawing all over." and the like. After a number of these comments, I turned to FWW, and said, "You're frackin jealous!" After thinking about it for several minutes, she had to agree. She admitted that, despite NC, she still had some feelings for OM. However, she said that after seeing OM with another OM, her jealousy snapped and killed and lingering feelings she had for OM. In fact, she said she felt betrayed! crazy
But, as a result of this, she finally opened up about the remaining details that, to date, she "couldn't remember" (yea, I knew it was a lie, also). These were probably some of the most painful details. But, it was good to hear her open up, because it said to me that the last of the fog was lifting, and any remaining loyalty to OM was gone. After going off on my own for several days to recover from this latest, and hopefully last, round of trickle truth, I was finally starting to feel really healed. Yea, many things that happened during the A still sadden me, but at least I feel I'm moving on, and not compelled to dwell on them.

Just thought I'd share this for what its worth.

BH (me) age 55
FWW age 52
married 26 years
First DDay 2/23/08, 1 day after PA began, ~1-1/2 months after EA began
Multiple failed attempts at NC
confirmable NC since 1/23/09

(D 31; S 29) my first marriage
(D 27; S 25) her first marriage
I
I
Glad to hear that the trickle truth is dwindling. Good job.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 313 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation