Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
M
Originally Posted by 6yearsleft
tnsr,

Where does his right end? Could he punch the OM, how about hit him with a bat, or maybe stab or shoot him? Just asking what is the right response for the mentally healthy man.

What in the world are you talking about and what does any of this have to do with scrambledeggs? crazy

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
tnsr,

Where does his right end? Could he punch the OM, how about hit him with a bat, or maybe stab or shoot him? Just asking what is the right response for the mentally healthy man.

And yet he did NONE of those things

What if the OM was telling the truth and the WW lied about being separated?

So what?

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
K
K
6Years, my H told the OM's W, when he exposed to her, that the OM was very lucky my H hadn't turned up on his doorstep and punched his nose. I guess that could be considered a threat but it would be a very stupid OM who took things any further. (ie made a complaint).

My H is the most mild mannered gentle man you could ever meet, but he's also not a pushover.

Melody,

Yes, Mike did not threaten the OM and he still had problems because the OM was a jerk. This OM could cause similar problems or more, if he wanted to.

I'm never going to convince you that your argument seems like you view the spouse as property that was stolen to me. Although the "good grief" was compelling, I'm just not in favor of vigilante justice.

Me 42 BS
Wife 41 FWW (exwife now)
Divorced 10/14/2008
S 21
D 18
D 16
S, S 13 (twins)
Grandson 8 months
G
G
I know of what 6 is referring to MikeC's and it does demonstrates what can happen when anger is misdirected. There is a delicate balance and MikeC took his anger towards OM to far. Scramble could have taken it further but did not. 6 I think you're trying to make the point - that it is risky taking anger out towards OP, especially when BS is very angry.

GG

me - 47
H - 46
DS 16 - DD 13
H EA August 2007
"Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were." Cherie Carter
M
M
I think this has entered the arena of the absurd and scrambledeggs should ignore some of the bizarre posts here. SE, you did a good thing standing up to the OM and setting him straight. And your anger towards the OM is absolutely warranted. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

6years, what is the point of all this? It seems like you are striving to make the situation WORSE for this couple by trying to make this man feel he has done something wrong. He most certainly has not. I am not getting the point here.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

KiwiJ,

I agree it would be stupid, and OM would have to be a jerk to do it. Of course, I already suspect he was not of the highest morals.

I'm not a pushover, in fact I've spent years learning to kill with my hands. I would have no problem using that if a woman were being attacked, or even a man. Consensual relations are not something I'm going to get violent over.

Me 42 BS
Wife 41 FWW (exwife now)
Divorced 10/14/2008
S 21
D 18
D 16
S, S 13 (twins)
Grandson 8 months
M
M
Melody,

Yes, Mike did not threaten the OM and he still had problems because the OM was a jerk. This OM could cause similar problems or more, if he wanted to.

And you know very well Mike was not charged with any crime. Yet here you are trying to SPIN the facts and trying to scare this man into thinking he has done something illegal.

I'm never going to convince you that your argument seems like you view the spouse as property that was stolen to me.

I have no idea what this nonsense means and don't even care to know.

Exposure 101

B
B
and yet no-one has suggested violence as the solution. For a lawyer you sure do suck at comprehension.

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
The point is to take some time now and prepare for the anger he will feel toward his WW. Then he will be better in control of himself and have a better chance at recovery instead of AO or DJ's to his wife.

Me 42 BS
Wife 41 FWW (exwife now)
Divorced 10/14/2008
S 21
D 18
D 16
S, S 13 (twins)
Grandson 8 months
B
B
The point is to take some time now and prepare for the anger he will feel toward his WW. Then he will be better in control of himself and have a better chance at recovery instead of AO or DJ's to his wife.

Him DEFLECTING his post-dday anger to OM enables him to do EXACTLY this.

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
OK I give,

If you all are suggesting empty (no violence) threats to the OM is the right thing and the MB way, fine with me. I didn't do a good job at MB anyway.

I'm done with the TJ, but I'll keep reading in case Scrambled wants a different BH perspective.

Me 42 BS
Wife 41 FWW (exwife now)
Divorced 10/14/2008
S 21
D 18
D 16
S, S 13 (twins)
Grandson 8 months
S
S
I have absolutely no problem scaring OM. And I was careful in the choosing of my words and who was able to hear. What are the odds an adulterous man is going to go to the police after a BH tells him to stay away and watch his back?! His word against mine, no witnesses, neighbor in the PD. I think those are pretty good odds. Not against using violence either, that's how we win wars, and I'm battling for my marriage. Of course I'm angry at OM... he pursued a married woman, my woman.

And I think I made it very clear that I'm also angry at my W... "moments of intense hatred." She and I know very well she made a choice, she agreed to meet him, agreed to get in the backseat of his car, etc. I hold her responsible for that, AA (appropriate anger, add that to the acronym list).

BH:me 33
WW: 30 PA:1-16-09
DD-11, DD-10, DS-6, DD-4
D-Day: 2-27-09
M
M
I hope he peed his pants when he saw you scrambledeggs. smile We run over the SOBs here in Texas. grin

Exposure 101

L
L
Hi, ScrambledEgg. I'm sorry you're here, but under the circumstances I'm glad you are.

There are a couple of things going on here now -- advising your W as she processes what she did, and trying to help you with the devastating news you just recieved. I'm concerned that there are going to be too many conversations going on among many people who will address different issues between the two of you. Would you consider starting your own thread?

Just a suggestion.

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
B
OP Offline
B
Wow, I take a nap, get the kids ready for bed, pick up the house and come back here to popcorn, mental patients, $20 and a hot debate :MrEEk:

Let ME set the record straight:

My H is mad at me. Very, very mad. There are moments when I see in his eyes "the edge" of his anger. I see this and cringe, as this is an anger that I've only seen once before in our 12 years of marriage (a time when I crossed "the line" in an argument we were having and deserved the anger I aroused in him). I now see that anger daily, and it breaks my heart. And what does my DH do with this anger--he controls it, which shames me all the more--I didn't control my intense anger, now did I?

My H truly is a man of honor and standing up to the pr*ck that was part of the most horrible thing that's ever happened to him (H) was not a shadow on my H's character, but a mark of it. I respect my H for what he's done.

Last edited by bbb461011; 03/01/09 10:51 PM.
L
L
Originally Posted by bbb461011
Today has been a real toughie for me, as I battle off the deep depression that threatens to grip me in light of all I've done, all the pain I've caused, all the things and people I've directly or indirectly hurt and/or ruined.
If you're not on anti-depressants, would you consider taking them? And what about independent counseling (IC)? I didn't want to take anti-Ds at all, but I was encourged to do so and I know they've made a difference and have helped me a lot. Listen to the others about counseling with the Harleys and/or an MB weekend, but don't overlook your personal health.

Amazingly, as I struggle with this, H cares for me. I wanted to share with you what H told me today. He "read me my rites" and here there are, verbatim:

1. You have the rite to love and be loved
2. You have the right to forgive and be forgiven
3. You have the rite to be shown mercy and grace

When he told me he that he was thinking about things and had come up with some "rites" for me, I was a little scared with what they'd be, but knew that I'd comply to any and all of them, no matter what they were. Imagine my surprise, shame, and joy to be read these rites.
This is so cool.

I want to post more in response to your guys' reply's, but H is taking us all out for lunch! I'd better go look like a million bucks for the man that deserves the best!
Always pick your H over us MB peeps. wink

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
M
M
My H truly is a man of honor and standing up to the pr*ck that was part of the most horrible thing that's ever happened to him (H) was not a shadow on my H's character, but a mark of it. I respect my H for what he's done.

AGREE with every word!

Exposure 101

B
B
Wow, I take a nap, get the kids ready for bed, pick up the house and come back here to popcorn, mental patients, $20 and a hot debate :MrEEk:

Hey - I resemble those remarks!

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
T
T
6yl

How convient to not answer all of the question I possed to you.

Is it because the answers you would have to give would force you to see that you have this situation butt backwards?

SE, is doing what he should.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 135 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090
71,845 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation