Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 71 of 100 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 99 100
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Nice try. I doubt they've even set the hatchet down. Keep it up, though. Maybe you'll succeed eventually.

We all went up to the Napa Valley area today. All of us, Grandpa, Mom, Dad, Neaksis, Val, and ~Hungry~. laugh We finished the day off by visiting one of my Japanese aunties, who was SOOOOOO happy to see Grandpa.

Devon, the other children, and Devon managed to completely tire out her Italian greyhound, rofl. Bet it had never experienced anything quite like that in all its little life. Hopefully by tomorrow the twitching will have faded.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
For SOME reason the family is looking very sceptical at us two girls, can't please SOME people that's for sure. whistle

Siobhan my 'whatever number' cousin emailed me today and told us to bring our back packs so we can go touring together. The pubs are lined up. For accommodation of course. She's a dancer, said she will teach me to dance Irish reels. I can reel alright by myself after a few bevies, ask Nana!!!!! laugh

She said we can sing this as we go along from place to place:-

Kiss me, I'm Irish
I am the wild rover
My eyes they are smiling
And I'm seldom sober
I like my whiskey
And I love to dance
So if youre feeling as lucky as me, take a chance
And kiss me I'm Irish

My heart beats a jig
And me blood, it flows green
I've been a rogue and a rambler
From ocean to sea
And I like a Bevy
Now and then this I'll never deny
But I only drink on the days of the week that end with a 'y'
I'm no saint I'm no sinner
Of that theres no doubt
I'll tell you the truth
I am the one that your grandmother warned you about

Kiss me, I'm Irish
I am the wild rover
My eyes they are smiling
And I'm seldom sober
I like my whiskey
And I love to dance
And kiss me I'm Irish

HEY!!!! Whats me Da doing there????????? He was supposed to be reformin'!!!
By the by I think he may go back to work Monday week mad

Napa Valley, isn't that where the wineries are?
Or is that oranges and fruit as well???? dontknow
I bet it was nice though and very green.
GREEN, we have a sort of brown/green in winter but mainly brown and red and the like. Mostly as I now think about is all freaking Army green!!! crazy
As for the dog well as long as darlin' Devon and the gang wore themselves out too I'm sure it was worth it, to Neak and the other grown ups!!!! stickout rotflmao

Took part in another concert for raising funds for the Bushfire victims, makes you appreciate that all your own worries and concerns need to be considered in relation to a bigger picture. There a some very tragic stories. pray
It doesn't make your own issues or troubles go away but it helps to understand they could be a whole lot worse.

Now its back to cleaning and washing after last night. Didn't finish up until 5.20am. Ate too many burgers and chips, I'm sure I'm getting fatter eating that stuff. :crosseyedcrazy:

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Nan's just jealous. She wishes someone would feed her chips to sing in pubs, too. grin

Oh yes, my wee terror was tired. As soon as we got in the car I gave him my coat to roll up for a pillow. He thanked me, and that was the last we heard from him. hurray

How wonderful that you got to help raise money for the brushfire tragedy. That must be so fulfilling, knowing you can do something concrete.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
SOMEONE would be oh so much more confident if SOMEONE ELSE would stop crowd surfing half tanked and other risky behaviour..... wouldn't SOMEONE?????? :RollieEyes:

OH Neak wait until I tell on ya!!!! Her Nan is just jealous huh?? :MrEEk:
tattle tail tattle tail naughty lol

One has to be resigned to the inevitable.......... That or email her hubby rotflmao

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
rotflmao

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Boy I am not firing on all cylinders! Here is the short announcement for my upcoming marriage seminar, and I'll put the press release on later, too. This is going to be really exciting. smile

A Seal on Your Heart—Join author Neakie-poo for a unique marriage seminar based on the book by Dr. Willard F. Harley, Jr., Fall In Love, Stay In Love. Happily married? Learn how to preserve your love. Thinking of divorce? Don’t miss this seminar! Hosted by the Escalon SDA Church on Friday, March 13, 2009 at 7:00 pm, and Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 3:00 pm and 4:30 pm. Refreshments will be served. For more information, email noni@families4heaven.com.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
You mean they finally gave you a date and time? Will wonders never cease? If you give your father any mushy ideas, you're in BIG trouble!! :RollieEyes:

tl

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
grin kiss grin

Who, me?

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
No worries neakie-poo you just send me your dads contact info and I'll let him know ALL about it,
and how rewarding it will be,
how your mum would LOVE to be taken to it,

especially cause neakie-poo is running it rotflmao rotflmao

and by the time YOUR mum gets to put her hands around me throat I'll be in Eire or France or Spain or Geneva or somewhere like that. flirt

Oh forgot, we're going to Spain now as well laugh

D
D
Not very. In our new house, I want it greenified as much as I can.

Did you know that you can apply for gov. grants to greenify your home?

The Wookie and I are looking into it.

We also learned when we did our taxes this year that any greenification you do can be tax deductable.

We're also looking into a compressed air powered car that should be released in the US next year. It'll go 1000 miles on 1 tank of compressed air, and they have a 6 seater model.

This Friday I'm buying the plans for our solar panels and wind turbine.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
D
D
Originally Posted by awsdaughter
For SOME reason the family is looking very sceptical at us two girls, can't please SOME people that's for sure. whistle

Siobhan my 'whatever number' cousin emailed me today and told us to bring our back packs so we can go touring together. The pubs are lined up. For accommodation of course. She's a dancer, said she will teach me to dance Irish reels. I can reel alright by myself after a few bevies, ask Nana!!!!! laugh

She said we can sing this as we go along from place to place:-

Kiss me, I'm Irish
I am the wild rover
My eyes they are smiling
And I'm seldom sober
I like my whiskey
And I love to dance
And kiss me I'm Irish

My heart beats a jig
And me blood, it flows green
I've been a rogue and a rambler
From ocean to sea
And I like a Bevy
Now and then this I'll never deny
But I only drink on the days of the week that end with a 'y'
I'm no saint I'm no sinner
Of that theres no doubt
I'll tell you the truth
I am the one that your grandmother warned you about

Kiss me, I'm Irish
I am the wild rover
My eyes they are smiling
And I'm seldom sober
I like my whiskey
And I love to dance
And kiss me I'm Irish

HEY!!!! Whats me Da doing there????????? He was supposed to be reformin'!!!
By the by I think he may go back to work Monday week mad

Napa Valley, isn't that where the wineries are?
Or is that oranges and fruit as well???? dontknow
I bet it was nice though and very green.
GREEN, we have a sort of brown/green in winter but mainly brown and red and the like. Mostly as I now think about is all freaking Army green!!! crazy
As for the dog well as long as darlin' Devon and the gang wore themselves out too I'm sure it was worth it, to Neak and the other grown ups!!!! stickout rotflmao

Took part in another concert for raising funds for the Bushfire victims, makes you appreciate that all your own worries and concerns need to be considered in relation to a bigger picture. There a some very tragic stories. pray
It doesn't make your own issues or troubles go away but it helps to understand they could be a whole lot worse.

Now its back to cleaning and washing after last night. Didn't finish up until 5.20am. Ate too many burgers and chips, I'm sure I'm getting fatter eating that stuff. :crosseyedcrazy:

Dearest AWD, I hope you have a lovely time.

I'm green with envy (I wore my green t that says "Think Green" and has a 4 leaf clover on it just for you)....and MY Irish eyes are smiling for you.

(my poor kids...we've set them up to be alkies...but they won't know which to order - whiskey or tequila)

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
cooooooool

i wanna have my own turbine....

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
....shhhh...but I could scan the blueprints for you....

The ad says that you can build the solar panels and turbines for under $200 with items you get at any hardware store.

My Story

Recovered!
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Kewl! I so need solar panels and turbines. I even just love the word 'turbines'. Turrrrrrrrrrrrbeeeeeeeeeeeenz!

(I'm ok. Really.)

Now onto a help request before my poor little brain fries from too much QUIET!!!

I'm still working on Part 3 of my seminar PowerPoint, and have been looking for some powerful short to medium length quotes from BS's or FWS's that show why adultery is a horrible thing to be avoided at all costs.

I've already got a couple AWESOME quotes, but they have only made me greedy, lol. I still have room for several quotes from BW's or BH's, and would love to have a couple FWS quotes to put in there, too.

I was hoping to hit AJ up for a nice (anonymous of course - you remember "Joe", rofl) statement after the kiddies went to bed, but those stinkums outlasted him by quite a bit. I'm about ready to write it myself and show it to him for his approval afterwards. rotflmao

No real names or user names would be used, if anyone was worried. I'm just interested in showing the feelings, and the extent of the devastation.

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance. I promise to put the presentations online if there's any way to do so.

We had a yummy supper - a huge pot of lentil soup, with salad and garlic bread. Now that it's bedtime, I'm starving. I'm trying to think what we have for dessert that doesn't require cooking, but so far not so good. Mint pudding...gone. Ice cream...gone. Chocolate dipped coconut granola bars...gone. Andes mints...gone. Licorice jelly beans...gone.

I could eat some chocolate chips if I get too desperate. I'd have chocolate chips with walnuts, but the walnuts would have to be shelled, and that's too much effort for someone who feels as lazy as I do right now.

Oh, I do at least have hot chocolate mix with marshmallows. Can't get much easier than that, and since it's a liquid maybe my tummy will be happier than if I pour a bunch of rich stuff in so very, very late.

Hot choccy it is. Thanks for helping me decide!

Neak < - - - signing off while one or two brain (not "brine", as I just typed) cells are still above comatose

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
at least "brine" cells are well preserved laugh

Packing DD's cases for the trip because if I didn't get some outfits in there now she'll forget in the excitement. And unlike the concerts here I can't run over there at the last minute with an outfit or two.
She has a bra for about every outfit ... now if she had panties for all of them it would relieve her mother greatly ... however not ALL outfits for the stage are meant to have panties :RollieEyes: ..apparently that's the consensus from the girls. :MrEEk: I like to know when this benign dictatorship turned into a democracy????? rant2

I think I must be getting old and paranoid :crosseyedcrazy:

outfits??? a piece of cloth about 8 inches long ... well it looks like its 8 inches .... wait until I tell her hubby. No I'll show her Nan instead!! grin

I showed Aussie some and he said " Won't she need bigger scarves than those hon?" stickout
I didn't think it was wise to advise him of the apparels real identity. He's only just got over the pole dancing thing. crazy

Bugger it .....I AM getting her Nana that plane ticket!!!!!! rotflmao
Start packing Mum!!!!

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Having daughters is SUCH a trial!

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
Ain't it the truth?! uhuh

tl

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
stickout

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
too right tl

and grand daughters as well

Just visiting my DD & SIL because guess who's wedding anniversary it is today?

Now I will give my own grumpy - sorry tl but your nick name for yours is just so appropriate for mine - marks for trying to remind our wandering wild man of the day, he rang him a bit earlier today "So son what are you planning to do today?" - reply - "I was gonna go fishin' but its the wife's anniversary"
(oh yeah - they forgot, again, until Dr Liz said happy anniversary this morning) :RollieEyes:

sigh

awsmum :crosseyedcrazy:

T
T
but its the wife's anniversary

:MrEEk::MrEEk::MrEEk: Aren't they special? rotflmao

tl

Page 71 of 100 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation