Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
has Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Wow. I thought I had already been put through enough. As I have posted here in the past, I will keep my story short.

Almost two years ago, I found out that my H had (what I was told) and EA, but with an episode of kissing and touching. At that time, I asked him to be completely honest and tell me everything. He said he did. No contact was established (I thought.)
I continued to monitor email and cell phone records - so far so good. THOUGHT we were in recovery and everything was going GREAT!! Out one night with some friends about 8 months ago, had it thrown in my face by a friends disgruntled ex-wife that my H had been with her sister around the same time he had the EA (another woman besides the first.) I was beside myself. He told me then that they just kissed. I forgave. We moved on - rebuilt. Happy again.
About 5 weeks ago, I found out that he has been in contact with the EA this whole time. He just used his work line (which I don't have any access to.) He was devastated (again, I thought.) I made him call her while I was standing right there to tell her it has to end. No contact. She got a little nasty with him and said that that was fine, but also don't contact her or she would tell me about Chicago.
CHICAGO????? My H didn't know I overheard this, so when he got off the phone, I asked what she said. He didn't tell me about Chicago, so I told him about what I heard. He then let it all out - he was in Chicago for training, she drove up there and stayed two nights. They did have sex. This was all around the same time as the EA I discovered. I,needless to say, was beside myself. So, we start all over. I asked him for complete honesty - I don't want to start to heal again only to find out more. He promised he told me everything.
Fooled again I was! Not only did he kiss the girl's sister, he slept with her. He also was out with buddies one night, took a drunk woman home and kissed her in our car. He told me all of this 2 nights ago. All of this happend in the same time period - about 2 1/2 yrs. ago.
He is devastated - going to crazy lengths to save me and our marriage. Reading HNHN, talking to our Priest, ordering the online MB courses, talking to mentors, - you name it - he's doing it. He said he couldn't tell me everything becuase he couldn't hurt me anymore than I was hurt and he was scared of loosing me. He says that he got caught up in the wrong crowd/atmosphere and made major mistakes. I have pointed out to him throughout this whole process that he couldn't withhold info or it would be so much harder when it was found out. He just didn't get it.
How do I know if he's finally gotten it??? How do I trust that he is telling me the full truth? I don't really know how to move forward not trusting anything that comes out of his mouth right now. I am almost repulsed by him. I have even asked him agian to make sure there is no more he needs to tell me.
We did have a great marriage. When we recovered, it was also great. I can't go through this again. Any suggestions, advice - anything - I'll take it all!

BS (me) 35
FWH (him) 36
Together 17 yrs
Married 11 yrs
3 Children 8,7,& 4
1st Dday 4/20/2007
2nd Dday 2/9/09
B
B
Originally Posted by has
Any suggestions, advice - anything - I'll take it all!

I'd go with Plan B, D, or FU. WH has been lying for 2 yrs, wants to blame his bad behavior on hanging our with the wrong crowd and most importantly he KNOW you will take him back once he gives you enough crumbs. You have 'forgiven' him three times already and he's still covering his butt. What happened 2 nights ago that he decided to come clean AGAIN?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
G
G
You say your M was in R but truthfully it never was. Any WS can say they will read HNHN but action speak louder than words. BlackR is correct - your H knows he can manipulate you and you will forgive him. You need to put in place a plan that will help change the behavior and repetitive pattern in your M. Trust has to be earned and your H has a long way to go to earn your trust again.

GG

me - 47
H - 46
DS 16 - DD 13
H EA August 2007
"Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were." Cherie Carter
O
O
Polygraph.

And THEN decide what to do.

H
has Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Two nights ago I told him that in order for this to work, he MUST absolutely come clean about everything. That is when he told me about the drunk woman he took home. He said that there is positively no more. All of this, as I said happened about 2 1/2 years ago. He is definitely a changed man since I first found out almost 2 yrs. ago. He no longer hangs out with the guys, we go to church, he's pretty much quit drinking alcohol - except on occassion. He said that the reason he wouldn't tell me the whole truth was that it hurt me so bad the first time, and he felt that if he could carry the hurt and live with his actions, and me not find out, that he would do that to protect me.
It scares me to think that someone who I love so much could be so manipulative and deceptive that he would still be hiding stuff. I have to find out. I have asked every question I could possibly think of asking, and he has answered each of them.

BS (me) 35
FWH (him) 36
Together 17 yrs
Married 11 yrs
3 Children 8,7,& 4
1st Dday 4/20/2007
2nd Dday 2/9/09
M
M
has, I am sorry you are here. Your H is a practiced liar who is very good at this. Just think back on all the times he told you "this was all" only to discover there was more. I can almost assure you there is much more. It defies logic to believe that the ONLY THINGS he has done are MAINLY the things that you happen to have uncovered. Does that make any sense to you?

Your H is a serial cheater who is a practiced liar with long experience. I believe he is sorry.......sorry he got caught.

Can he change? YES. But first you have to get the truth. And secondly, in order for this to work he will have to live an absolutely TRANSPARENT lifestyle with no chances to commit adultery again. He will have to REMOVE any opportunities for temptation. You can't do that for him, though. That has to be his work.

You should not spend the night apart again. If he has to travel, you should go and vice versa.

For your protection, I would strongly suggest STD testing along with a polygraph. Maybe even regular polygraphs would be in order.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
has Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Where to I go about getting a polygraph? This all seems so unreal to me.

BS (me) 35
FWH (him) 36
Together 17 yrs
Married 11 yrs
3 Children 8,7,& 4
1st Dday 4/20/2007
2nd Dday 2/9/09
M
M
Dear Has,

am sorry to say how unreal this seems its so real and its sad you have to go through all this but the truth is lookign at his history it doesn't look like he will ever recover..thisis somethign in him he craves for more and more no matter how much you give he wants this excitement in life which he seems to get only through cheating you thats why he keeps going back to these old habbits...i think he needs to see a phsychologist...i won't doubt his commitment to you as he is willing to do anything to save ur marriage but fact remains he has this thing in him and during the cource of life he will drift and slip once in a life ...i see that you love him very much as you are justifying his acts and stressing he has come clean but don't forget this has happened before as well...

now its upto you whether you can do this paina nd recovery thing all ur life coz it will take a lon long time or you can end it once and for all...all the best

never surrender

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 893 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation