Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
SIHW Offline OP
OP Offline
S
This goes out to the wonderful sisters I've made at MB. DM, T2L, Hope, Cinders, Princessmeggy, LilDoggie, T2L'sDD,Mimi, Britsbrat, LAsunshinegirl, Queenie, Believer, Orchid(you are missed hun),and Neakness.

A little list of inspirationals for you great ladies:

Last edited by SIHW; 04/09/09 04:25 PM.
D
D
Originally Posted by SIHW
This goes out to the wonderful sisters I've made at MB. DM, T2L, Hope, Cinders, Princessmeggy, LilDoggie, T2L'sDD,Mimi, Britsbrat, LAsunshinegirl, Queenie, Believer, Orchid(you are missed hun),and Neakness.

A little list of inspirationals for you great ladies:

“I think men are afraid to be with a successful woman, because we are terribly strong, we know what we want and we are not fragile enough.”

Shirley Bassey

“A woman is like a tea bag, you can not tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water”

Nancy Reagan

“Women are never stronger than when they arm themselves with their weaknesses”

Madame Marie du Deffand

“A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done.”

Marge Piercy

“Single women have a dreadful propensity for being poor. Which is one very strong argument in favor of matrimony.”

Jane Austen

“I like being a strong, independent woman, and to be honest, I was never afraid to be on my own.”

Dido Armstrong

You are great and wonderful Ladies who have braved to fight the good fight. You have stood in the face of evil and said I will not go quietly. Your strength has been a source of inspiration for many. You all are very caring and very kind. We all may not be related by blood but we all have a common bound that binds us. Just like any sorority I see you as a sisterhood that can lean on and support each other. The greatest strength is helping others.

I think no matter where we all are we should claim one day and if some of us can group up thats even more FABULOUS....and at a certain time do things like get peticures....or do coffee...or something girly lashes ...and we can call the other memebers who are farther away and then we can all have 1 day together. No matter where we are.

I would invite some of the guys...but I am not sure how they feel about having there toes painted or hair highlighted....hehe...but that would be a great picture grin

Now I have to go save Duckie from something small, cute, and fuzzy with sharp little kitten teeth before he is eaten alive.

RIGHT ON!!

You ROCK, Baby Doll!!

hug

Charlotte

D
D
ALL GOOD people!

Then there are the oldies that have gotten on with getting on and don't need us anymore - Jelly, Yellowline, Weaves, Starfish, Ark...

They lifted us up and provided capable and loving shoulders to lean on.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
S
SIHW Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Oh my and I almost forgot Holyhope...sorry dear!

I hope this thread can be a thread we can all come and use...if your having a rough day...need some admiration? Every one coming down on you for something stupid. Just come here and vent with your sisters who care about you.

Kids driving you nuts and there just doesn't seem like enough hours in the day for you to get the stuff done you need to.Just come here and vent with your sisters who care about you.

Boss being a jerk. work sucks. you need a vacation. Just come here and vent with your sisters who care about you.

Sisters are there for each other and listen when you need a lended ear. *hugs* *breath* and remember to allways keep your sense of humor. It can get ya through the tough times.

P
P
I'm having a very tough time right now... I may lose my DH again. Not to infidelity but to sickness.

He had some tests run on Monday of this week. The doctor just called and asked that we BOTH come in this afternoon because he needs to speak to us together.

I'm so afraid...

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists. Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
SIHW Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
I'm having a very tough time right now... I may lose my DH again. Not to infidelity but to sickness.

He had some tests run on Monday of this week. The doctor just called and asked that we BOTH come in this afternoon because he needs to speak to us together.

I'm so afraid...

*BIG HUGS*

Ok I know this is scary hun. Stop and take a breath. Now the worst thing you can do is self diagnose. It coulde be that the doc found something small an he just needs change to his diet or lifestyle.
I have a story for ya of someone I know 8 years ago he was diagnosed with hodgkins lymphoma. It's a very nasty form of cancer and his chances were slim. He had 1 round of chemo and then he had a reoccurance a few months later. He had a second round of chem but it didn't help...the doctors went to a more aggresive treatment. He had a stem cell transplant....and he then came back with a clean scan. He has been blessed to continue having clean scans since. He told me even in his darkest hour when he didn't know what would come next he kept god in his heart. It helped him brave the road that was set before him.
He is doing excellent and we are all very proud of him.
I know you can brave this. I know you are a strong beautiful woman. You have been through so much it would humble people who heard your story. Keep the faith and hope alive in you and with god I know you will find calmer seas on the other side of this storm.

Last edited by SIHW; 04/09/09 10:51 AM.
H
H
PM you came to the right place. We support you, we care, all of our lives are intertwined because of our situations. Bring out all of the prayer warriors for this. pray

SIHW, great idea for our own needs and admiration. We all need it some days when life gets us down. hug

One of my most positive experiences I had this year was meeting fellow MBers. Did we have all the answers...absolutely not. But we recognized ourselves as sisters in similar situations and there was support and laughter and yes even tears. It was a sisterhood no one wanted membership but here we are making the best of it -- in spite of it all.

SIHW...this quote said it "all You are great and wonderful Ladies who have braved to fight the good fight. You have stood in the face of evil and said I will not go quietly. Your strength has been a source of inspiration for many. You all are very caring and very kind. We all may not be related by blood but we all have a common bound that binds us. Just like any sorority I see you as a sisterhood that can lean on and support each other. The greatest strength is helping others." hurray

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
S
SIHW Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Awww thanks hopie...you know I love you doll and DD....I told DD anytime she wants to come visit my house is open.

Q
Q
I'm in on this. I think that its absolutely G-ds work that such personal trauma in one's life can bring total strangers not just close, but family. We know our darkest times on here and we walked through it together.

PM..... You have so many people praying for you and your husband. Whatever the outcome.... you will walk through it with all of us next to you and will be with you no matter what.

Kinda like all of us... NO MATTER WHAT.... we are together and STRONG because we are ONE.....

And blessed by G-d.

I love you PM.

This is AWESOME SIHW......

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
P
P
Lovely post lashes

P
P
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
Then there are the oldies that have gotten on with getting on and don't need us anymore - Jelly, Yellowline, Weaves, Starfish, Ark...

... and one of my faves ~~~> lashes <~~~ Miss Mimi, yes I miss Mimi.

N
N
Originally Posted by Pepperband
... and one of my faves ~~~> lashes <~~~ Miss Mimi, yes I miss Mimi.

Me too Pep.... flirt

This post was wonderful, and so on the money. The friends and girls I met on here and helped me walk throught the fire is unlike an experience I have ever had. Seeing their strength and love inspired me EVERY day......

((((((to the women of MB))))))))))

not2fun

S
SIHW Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I now dub this thread the MB Sisterhood thread laugh

V
V
This is a wonderful thread! I've spoken with some great people here on MB and one in particular has been a voice of reason and sanity for me. So, thanks to those women who have been there for me and talked to me and thanks to those women who have been there for others. Giving, even in our own hour of need, is such a powerful thing.

hug

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
L
L
I have made many special women friends on MB whom I believe saved me from myself as well as my sanity many times.

One who could be me
One closer to me than my sister
One I wish was my mother
One I wish I could be closer to (well most of them actually but she's special smile )
One my spiritual guide
One with my sense of humour
One just as bonkers

and other in varying degrees of closenest

Love you all lots and lots

loveheart

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
S
SIHW Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Next we will be passing out the decoder rings and communication belt buckles...and oooh the utility belts....haha this is just like the justice league but with out super powers and men.:D

rotflmao

I know :twobyfour: me now for the lame joke.

V
V
There's one that I can't forget. LaLa was always sweet and wonderful to me. She gave me a tiny, wee, itty, bitty 2X4 and it helped. She was always very straight forward without being cruel and I respected that.

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
Q
Q
I posted this on my thread, but it's more fitting here..

G-d doesn't give you the people you want, He gives you the people you NEED - To help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you into the person you were meant to be.

Dear G-d:
The lady reading this is beautiful, classy and strong, and I love her. Help her live her life to the fullest. Please promote her and cause her to excel above her expectations. Help her shine in the darkest places where it is impossible to love. Protect her at all times, lift her up when she needs you the most, and let her know when she walks with you, She will always be safe.

Now you're on the clock!!!! In 9 minutes something will make you happy. But you have to tell 9 sisters you love them, including me. Go!!!!

Thank you for being in my life...

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
SIHW Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by QueeniesAdventures
I posted this on my thread, but it's more fitting here..

G-d doesn't give you the people you want, He gives you the people you NEED - To help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you into the person you were meant to be.

Dear G-d:
The lady reading this is beautiful, classy and strong, and I love her. Help her live her life to the fullest. Please promote her and cause her to excel above her expectations. Help her shine in the darkest places where it is impossible to love. Protect her at all times, lift her up when she needs you the most, and let her know when she walks with you, She will always be safe.

Now you're on the clock!!!! In 9 minutes something will make you happy. But you have to tell 9 sisters you love them, including me. Go!!!!

Thank you for being in my life...

Ok my sisters I LOVE YOU! hurray grin

N
N
Originally Posted by SIHW
..haha this is just like the justice league but with out super powers

SIWH,

From what I have witnessed from my time on here, there are many women here who I suspect have truly do have super powers..... rotflmao

Rings????
Belts???

dance2

now your talkin Sista......

not2fun

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (anchorwatch, bb1471, 1 invisible), 654 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation