Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
DNU1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I've long heard talk of forums/boards for OM/OWs but never thought to seek one out. Another thread posted here listed ****edit**** and I looked around. They have TONS of good and honest forums...however, have one for "the other man/other woman."

So, being the inquisitive person I am, I looked around.

puke

I'm thinking to myself, "self, maybe I can lend some perspective to these people..." so I registered and posted a thread. We shall see how this goes.

If you ever get bored and want to see an affair through the eyes of the OM/OW, have a peek. But bring your puke bag

D.

Last edited by Dufresne; 04/13/09 05:58 PM. Reason: removing link

D-Papers served May 8th, 2009
E
E
I looked at some of those a long time ago. It's like entering the world of Alice and the White Rabbit... where up is down.

------------------------
Me 60
DH 55
Married in 2000
His children: D27, S21, D19
My child: S20
M
M
The sewers of humanity....

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

O
O
I think the posters here can ad a lot to the marriage & infidelity boards there and at other sites as well. The WWs get a hard time there. It's more confrontational, less therapeutic. You will see marriage builders referenced there quite a bit. And there are a lot of posts by people who are considering affairs. Who knows maybe some of the insights from here will turn someone who is on the verge of ruining their marriage. If I was to compare the two sites, I would consider this a hospital for long term care, that site is more of an ER, with as much pain and angst as one.

D
DNU1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I have seen a few "this was soo wrong" and "what was I thinking" threads, but for the most part, Melody hit nail on head...

S
S
All the OW sites i have read are just like Mel stated........

B
B
I check them from time to time, just to confirm that affairs almost always end.

D
D
Originally Posted by believer
I check them from time to time, just to confirm that affairs almost always end.

After reading there, you feel the need to wash your eyes out with bleach.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
H
H
Try ****edit****, it is disgusting. Talks about how the BS won't let go, we are greedy, holding their WS from true love, moving on.

What a support group. I think Satan runs it.

Last edited by Dufresne; 04/13/09 05:59 PM. Reason: removing link

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
S
S
Yes i agree that it must be run by satan himself!!!

I
I
****edit**** has a wayward section, but it for support and for waywards that want to be back on the right path. Not sure if that is what you mean.

Last edited by Dufresne; 04/13/09 06:00 PM. Reason: removing link
M
M
I've visited a few of those on occasion but my blood pressure can't take it. For the most part they are HORRIBLE.

I have only really read OW sites/thread and I cannot believe that OW PLAN their actions out and have the nerve to be angry at the BW for "not letting go". That is so bassackwards there really are no words for it.

All I can think is "Come on, karma bus!".

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
B
B
If those sites weren't so disgusting it could almost be entertaining...Why oh why won't my AP leave his/her spouse? Our lurve is soooooooo special. MrRollieEyes :crosseyedcrazy: rotflmao

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
D
DNU1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I posted on a thread of an OW who had ended the affair after the WH wouldn't commit to her. Talked about how IMHO most affairs end before 2 years, wouldn't want to start relationship with him anyway...based on lies and deceipt...

And this other person chimes in bashing me on head for my comments. I seriously had to hold back the 2x4.

I subtly and very tactfully replied to her post, letting her know that my opinions were based on my experiences, and that if she would like to wait around for her MM to dump his wife, well, that's her sorry life, er, business, not mine smile

D
D
Hon, pointing out the FACTS on those sites is like pi$$ing into the wind. The wind doesn't care, and you end up all wet.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
K
K
I don't usually keep these threads going because they cause board wars and having been through one board war I never want to go through another, but....

I befriended a WW on another site (a pro marriage site, well known to most MBers). I was at the stage of private messaging her and thought I was getting somewhere. I had a feeling she may be posting on one of the OW/OM sites because she said that's where she'd come from originally so I checked it out. I was disillusioned, disapointed and sickened to see she'd just posted that "the MM has just left and I'm enjoying the afterglow".

FWW's are not welcome on that board, any more than BS's are. As Kimmy put it so succinctly, you may as well pi** into the wind.

I
I
I learned about MB from accessing ****edit****. I don't waste my time at their "other man/women" site.

I spend quite a time referring them to read the articles here. I'm very pleased that many do!

Last edited by Dufresne; 04/13/09 06:03 PM. Reason: removing link

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
K
K
I enjoy reading the sites...it's better than a soap opera, honestly.

"Omg my MM left me? Why would he choose his wife and 3 kids over me?"

That's all the gist of it...

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
M
M
...or better yet "but he said he isn't in love with her and that he only loves ME, why hasn't he left her yet? Am I wasting my time waiting for him????".

Uhhhh....YEAH. If he's lying to his BW then he is lying to you too!

<GAG>

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
S
S
I actually read TOW every now and then, because I am fascinated by human nature.

Yes, you all know I'm a nerd, and I cannot help myself. I analyze the posts. Who could help it?

I force myself to not post and let them know exactly when they are lying about the happenings of their "lovefests" being lies. It is so easy to tell when they are making stuff up.

And also easy to tell when he's about to kick her to the curb. Half the time, the MM is driving the bus himself.

I also watch their "Endings" posts, because I follow along to see how long the luuuuv lasts.

So far, the 2 year rule is NOT the norm among the posters. Much shorter, folks. More like 2 or 3 months. Most of the OW seem pretty young, and the men seem to be typical lying users.

Like I said, I can't help but study the trends. Maybe there is a research grant out there in Obama's plan, waiting for me to apply for it.

It would certainly stimulate my pocketbook! But I would have to buy lots of stomach medicine. Not sure the payoff is worth it.

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 600 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation