Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
OP Offline
M
Well whaddaya know SMB & Michele? Kris Allen is my second fave too! I think he and his wife make one of the cutest young couples I've ever seen too - they are just precious...smile

Mrs. W

P.S. Sorry the show is a trigger for you HappyToBe. frown Sounds the OW didn't make it though, so there is always that to celebrate, eh? wink

A
A
IMO, Adam is absolutely the most talented performer of the group. Of any previous group, probably. I've never heard anyone with such control of their voice -- incredible!

I think Adam should win, but we all remember Chris Daughtry....

I would be totally ok if either Kris or Allison wins. It's a given that Adam is going places regardless of the outcome of the contest.

ETA: I really like Danny, too. He's talented and seems very likable. I just don't think he's on the same talent level as Adam or Kris.

Last edited by at peace; 04/22/09 09:16 AM.

VERY HAPPY! FBS/FWS; 47yo; M-29 yrs.; DS-26,DD-21; our affairs: 1990-'96
P
P
Danny's my fav... Adam IS good but I can't get past the fact when he sings a love song, it's to another guy.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
H
H
Well, I have to admit- by the time I figured it out- I was kinda hoping she would make it to the part where they would humiliate her on national television. I know. It's an awful thing to say. Couldn't help it. She tried out for America's Got Talent too. I gues she didn't. (Oddly enough, WH didn't ask me to babysit that time!! LOL)

P
P
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
I can't get past the fact when he sings a love song, it's to another guy.

LOL

I passed that road block years ago when I decided I'd just enjoy Elton John's talent and let all the other stuff about him go.

This year, the final 7 is deep with talent. From this point forward, every cut is going to sting.

C
C
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Danny's my fav... Adam IS good but I can't get past the fact when he sings a love song, it's to another guy.
lol! Last night I said about that same thing to MrCat. He said that, if he were smarter, he would have pretended to be gay to have all these girls be friends with him, and then when he picked one, he would 'let' her convert him, lol.

D18 is in love with Danny.

And I think I finally realized last night why lil is having so much trouble. I think (guessing here) that she doesn't have enough musical training in the area that would let her do better with her arrangements; i.e., she doesn't know how to approach a song and make an arrangement that is suited to her; she plays it safe by more or less following the original arrangement. At least, that follows their continuing complaint - that she never makes the songs her own. I mean, look at Adam. And now Kris is starting to do the same as Adam. Maybe lil could pay someone to make better arrangements for her?

P
P
Originally Posted by catperson
Adam is one of the most fascinating performers I've ever seen, but I am voting for ANOOP!

WHAT a voice!

PS - Noop Dawg looked so handsome last night. More manly than before, even wearing the pink sweater. I approve. hurray

P
P
I agree about Lil, she has a fantastic voice, but her songs are cliche. I think she'll get a contract with someone regardless.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
D
D
OK Mrs. W---I can't resist this one but you knew I wouldn't be able to!!!

I have to agree that this is the most talented bunch in the history of American Idol.

My fav is Danny. He has such a Michael McDonaldy sounding vibe about him and he has such a touching story. I really think he is just the cutest.

HOWEVER--Allison and Chris are awesome. I do like Anoop too--such a cute little sweetheart.

Matt is ok but he really needs to have his third eye removed. He reminds me of Justin Timerberlake so much.

Lil--is very pretty and has a nice voice but she has not shown any originality IMO and she pouts when the judges are critiquing (sp?) her. Not a good quality.

And, last but not least...Adam. Adam is a great talent--has a wonderful voice and I agree that he will go places. But, I can't get past his weirdness. He can be very attractive at times but for the most part he is just sort of "Star Treky" to me. He is a bit too far "over the top" for my taste. But, I do like him--he is very gracious and polite and has a gorgeous smile and he does have an awesome voice.

But, most of the time--the one who comes in second place usually does better than the "winner". Look at Clay Aikens, Chris Daughtry, etc.
I think they are all Idols...and all to be admired.

Last edited by dawn012365; 04/22/09 09:50 AM.
C
C
I just want Adam to get a TV show so I can keep seeing him every week! smile

C
C
Adam! ADAM!!! Let me count the ways I think that he rocks!
I'm not sure that he'll win however because he's extremely unique and may not always fit in with mainstream America.

Kris is my second fave.

S
S
I like Danny's voice the best. He has soul and passion. I think he'll end up in Christian music one way or another, given his employment record! But he just makes me hold my breath when he sings, because he can build a song and take you away.

Adam definitely has technically the best voice and training. What turns me off there is that I don't see myself buying what he will ultimately be selling when he cuts an album. That KISS-like rock screech stuff never appealed to me, and just isn't my cup of tea. I do agree he is unique, talented, and a cut above the rest of the pack.

Kris is the guy who will probably get the payoff from the alternative or pop scene. He can write music, and he has a voice that matches the very nuanced songs that are out there today. He also has the young good looks that can carry him the gate money, so he has a great shot at being big in the business.

My daughter is a musician, and she works hard for the money. It's not an easy life, and I can appreciate the hard knocks these "kids" are taking every week on the show! My DD's tours take her weeks on the road, she comes home, writes songs while on tour or at home, records when she has time and enough songs in line. The band practices all the time. She has a hard time in public, with strangers wanting to hug her, who think they know her because they have seen her perform here or there.

I can't imagine how much their lives must have changed from the day before they auditioned, to the day after the first televised episodes. And they are just beginning, really.

This is one tough business, and I can really appreciate all their hard work!

SB

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
M
OP Offline
M
Awwwwwwww...I won't spoil it for the Left Coasters and say who, but 2 people went home tonight...One I figured and one I'm sad about...Every week from now on it will be sad! frown

Mrs. W

C
C
Well, we know Adam can sing, and now we know he can dance too. He's a natural....

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
T
T
OK, you guys made me curious enough to go to youtube and look. I've got to say that the last time I saw a face that severely contorted, and heard a shriek pitched that high and sustained that long, a baby was emerging from the unfortunate woman's body at that very moment! :MrEEk:

tl

C
C
Joke if you want, t&l, but that boy has talent! Actually, he's been in Hollywood for 5 years, working on the stage. Probably why he is leagues ahead of everyone else.

Anoop!

D
D
Sad to see Anoop go. Although it was long overdue for Lil Rounds.

I agree that I would never buy anything that Adam cut but I do think he's a creative, unique individual. What was the deal with his hair-do though? And, it really pains me to see how tight he wears his pants!!! Maybe he does that to help him hit those high notes!!! He would be so handsome if it didn't try so hard to be a freak. I was just shocked with his Johhny Cash "Ring of Fire" with the middle eastern music...Johnny was rolling over.

Danny is still my very favorite and Kris next. I believe Matt will be the next to leave.

C
C
I absolutely LOVED his Ring of Fire, and I adore the way he dresses, except for the black nails - but I think that looks bad on everyone. And I'm 50! I love the way D18's friends dress. For his age, he is not a freak.

P
P
My prediction
the final 3
Kris Danny Adam

the final 2
Danny Adam

the winner
equal odds

J
J
Danny! Not just because he lives here. Not just because he went to my school. Not just because DD said the other night, "Why didn't you marry Danny Gokey?" I'm not biased. Danny is great.

LIFE IS GOOD
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 731 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation