Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
A
If I had to rank the final five...

Danny
Danny
Danny
Danny
Danny

(but the winner will probably be Adam) frown

P
P
ITA. It'll be an interesting sing off between the two. Adam will just get weirder and maybe Danny will learn to dance. smile

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
It would be nice to have someone 'real' like Danny win. Interestingly enough, my H thinks he's conceited. And he said that several people at his work said they saw the same thing in him!

No one has as much background and skills and daring and showmanship as Adam, though, IMO. You can tell his parents were behind his career from day one. And regardless if some people will tune him out for how he dresses (shall we talk about Allison?), you can't deny the talent.

P
P
Oh I believe Adam is VERY talented. His voice is incredible and he knows how to "star".

Hm, that's interesting about Danny. Too bad they don't let us see more of the behind the scenes stuff.

Allison is also one of my favorites. That kid can flat out sing and I wouldn't be surprised if someone snatched her up. Her looks and dress are interesting but whatever. lol

BTW, did anyone else watch Disco night? Whatdda think about the oldies but goodies stars that sang?

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
D
D
Whew!! Yes, I did see the oldies on there...I thought they were all going to have heart attacks!!!

Allison is very freaky looking too. I guess it just must be the way kids are dressing these days? Too bad really--it's not attractive at all to me. Guys wearing eye liner and painting their nails black and those crazy ear stretcher thingies? Makes them look like Marilyn Manson spawn IMO.

I have never got the feeling that Danny was conceited. He just seems the most real. Isn't he the one whose wife died? I never heard why?

Adam is very talented and he has an awesome voice. You have to wonder though if he's been "in the business" for 5 years already then why has no one heard of him until now? Why hasn't someone in Hollywood already snatched him up? He's a character and seems like such a nice person all around. It just puzzles me a little. He is so creative but it seems like he is only capable of singing one style--twisted...and weird. I do believe he will be the winner though.

P
P
Whew!! Yes, I did see the oldies on there...I thought they were all going to have heart attacks!!!

I know, right? I couldn't figure out the women though, did they really think they looked GOOD? I thought they were going to fall out of their dresses, especially the canary yellow one. sick

I think KC did better out of the three although he was a little winded.

C
C
What about the songs he sang dressed in suits, hair slicked back, and slow tempo? Those were, if anything, more toned down than the rest of the singers. Sometimes, he doesn't even have nail polish on! wink

Allison is very freaky looking too. I guess it just must be the way kids are dressing these days? Too bad really--it's not attractive at all to me. Guys wearing eye liner and painting their nails black and those crazy ear stretcher thingies? Makes them look like Marilyn Manson spawn IMO
Yes, it is how they dress. Every generation tries to be different from their parents; I think this time, they just ran out of new ideas and are starting to cobble everything together.

But you should look up 'fashion' and 'Japan.' Talk about weird!

It's not unusual at all to be in Hollywood for 5 or 10 years before the 'break' where you're not just surviving. There are just too many people there for each part. Plus, as I understand it, he's been doing the theater route, not tv/movies, although that may just mean that he wasn't good enough for film, but better than all the other wannabees who can't get work at all (so he gets next best - theater roles). Who knows?

That one lady, who was it, you could just see how thrilled she was to get to be back up on stage; I nearly cried for her.

D
D
Yes. I agree. When Adam is in a suit with the hair all slicked back, he is very attractive. Heck, he is just attractive anyway. He has great features and a beautiful smile and there is no question the guy can sing!!! I've said that all along.

And you are absolutely correct--"fashion" has always been quite funky.

I'm not sure the lady's name you are talking about but I totally agree with you there too.

D
D
BTW...I'm from the Madonna era--you know--the wierd one when she first started out...and, we thought that was cute too. LOL!!!

P
P
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Oh I believe Adam is VERY talented. His voice is incredible and he knows how to "star".

It's his acting experience that allowed him to shine on stage right away - while the less experienced Idols needed a longer learning curve.

Allison is also one of my favorites. That kid can flat out sing and I wouldn't be surprised if someone snatched her up. Her looks and dress are interesting but whatever.

Her voice is genuine. I think she could out sing Janice on a Joplin song. I'm sooooooooo waiting for her to sing a Joplin song. "Me and Bobby McGee" would be fantastic !!!!!!
I saw Joplin live at the Monterey Pop Festival in 1967 - She was drunk as a skunk - but her vocals were so visceral that I still feel chills when I hear her recordings

BTW, did anyone else watch Disco night? Whatdda think about the oldies but goodies stars that sang?

I had to watch with the mute on.
Made me sad.

Last edited by Pepperband; 04/24/09 11:38 AM. Reason: add something
P
P
I saw Joplin live at the Monterey Pop Festival in 1967 - She was drunk as a skunk - but her vocals were so visceral that I still feel chills when I hear her recordings

My hubby saw her live too. I'm so jealous. She is one of my all time favorite artists. SHE was one who REALLY sang from her soul.

S
S
Singing from the soul isn't something that can be taught. You either have it, or you don't.

I think seeing people perform live makes all the difference in the world - I can watch on TV, but in person makes a huge difference!

But my vote right now would be either Danny or Kris. Adam isn't hitting my heart. He's a bit too commercial and slick. I'm more for the "real" in folks, and there's just something about him that makes me think that if he and I were in the same room we wouldn't have a lot to talk about - except maybe HIM.

SB

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
O
O
Originally Posted by Julie2U
Danny! Not just because he lives here. Not just because he went to my school. Not just because DD said the other night, "Why didn't you marry Danny Gokey?" I'm not biased. Danny is great.

Our pastor met Danny Gokey a few weeks ago out in CA at dinner with another pastor friend. He was impressed because he spoke very freely and openly about his love for Jesus.....I like him for that!

J
J
So you guys think Danny will win?

DD is performing @his Homecoming Party. It's a huge honor. She will meet him & be photographed w/him. Might even end up on the show. She's excited.

LIFE IS GOOD
M
OP Offline
M
I'm still all about Adam...His rendition of "Whole Lotta Love" last night ROCKED! I'm a huge Led Zeppelin fan!

I wonder who will go tonight? I hope it's not Kris, but I fear it will be...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

T
T
Agreed. Adam rocked. Thought Danny was a little out of his depth last night.

S
S
I am boycotting idol...it keeps running over which causes my dvr to cut off the end of fringe....then I have to go find it online just to watch the ending.

P
P
Unfortunately I agree. Adam did rock out. Danny's just not a rocker. I still think it'll end up between Danny and Adam.

C
C
Not if all those 12 year old girls can help it!

P
P
Originally Posted by Pepperband
My prediction
the final 3
Kris Danny Adam

the final 2
Danny Adam

the winner
equal odds

*ahem*

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 671 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation