Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2257929 05/07/09 08:16 PM
F
OP Offline
F
I am a BW with an OC who is now almost four years old. The man in my life has been a harsh, unrepentant, selfish person through all of this and just now may be learning the error of his ways. I know what would have helped ME through some of these times..is there anything that I can answer for you directly?
If you are correct that is AMAZING! faint I don't know if you saw my updated post that my H has nearly completely turned himself around. We started C in February. He confessed his A to our church this past Sunday.

I am very happy for you if things are improving in your world. Truly I am. hug

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
F
F
E!

I hope things are getting better for you!!

Miss hearing from you

Fled

Me BS
D Day 4-2-2005
OC born 12-2004
DS 21, DS 12
Married 1993

May the love hidden deep inside your heart find the love waiting in your dreams. May the laughter that you find in your tomorrow wipe away the pain you find in your yesterdays.

Recovering....it's a long road, even with a dedicated FWH
E
E
Thanks ladies for asking.

However, my original statement included the word "may".. LOL.

I think times changes all of us. Some for the good, some for the "other".

The latest in my world is that the OC adores me and is no longer allowed around me. I got the famous "its easier this way" response from the big man. Have to wonder what has transpired to make him feel this way and what exactly happened to make this the case? I hope it was hair-pulling, sensitive body part twisting (non-sexual, please)or very, VERY verbal in type.

But, I don't cause drama..I let others cause it around me. And they have caused PLENTY. I just shake my head and realize that the karma bus surely does come around.

Blessings,

Eibrab

Eibrab #2259171 05/11/09 10:15 AM
F
OP Offline
F
The latest in my world is that the OC adores me and is no longer allowed around me. I got the famous "its easier this way" response from the big man. Have to wonder what has transpired to make him feel this way and what exactly happened to make this the case? I hope it was hair-pulling, sensitive body part twisting (non-sexual, please)or very, VERY verbal in type.
Of course you are seen as a threat. I feel for OC. I am certain he will store some good memories of you.

Thanks for the update. pray

Faith

DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
E
E
Actually, the memories this child will take from this time in his life will be his mother's hatred for someone just like him. Another victim in a mess that truly wasn't a part of the cause.

And it's sad that his biological father doesn't want to do what's best for the child he's drug into this situation by allowing him to be around people who just may be good for him.

Just because it's easier.

I really do believe that there isn't a BW out there who is interested in "hurting" the child of an affair. Oh they may talk harshly out of pain, but no one is going to hurt a child. I suspect that it isn't so much that many OWs fear for the actual care and safety of the child, than it is that they worry that the BW might actually speak to the child in honesty and not the truth as affair partners have written it.

Eibrab

Eibrab #2259656 05/12/09 10:06 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Just because it's easier.
If it gives you any hope, my H did this for the first 4 years of the child's life. Everything he did was because it was "easier" for H I M. Not for me, not for our COM, not for OC but for him cuz that is what OW demanded. Fortunately for us, OW could not ignore OC's demands to see his dad. Since she is D'd twice and already has kids having visitation, it was not unusual for her to have this circumstance of visitation. Plus we never miss a CS payment.

Still bothers me that it took HER insisting to get him past his embarrasment of the situation and start confessing to people that he has this OC. I wish for you, your COM and OC that this happens but it won't cuz OC has a "real" dad in the OWH.

Faith

DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
E
E
Sigh.. oh much confession here. Seemingly no embarrassment whatsoever.

Just an odd "desire" to keep the wrong woman happy, met with the ever popular.."I know what I am doing..it won't always be this way."

Umm, no. It won't always be this way. *grin*

I am interested in the congregation's reaction to H's announcement. Shock? TMI? Or prying?

Eibrab

Eibrab #2259691 05/12/09 11:01 AM
F
OP Offline
F
I am interested in the congregation's reaction to H's announcement. Shock? TMI? Or prying?
Love and support from what we have experienced so far. I don't think there was too much shock from anyone who was around during the worst of the A. Those people, without knowing the story, definitely picked up on the fact that I often attended church alone and that we always had a child between us. In the last couple years people have witnessed a lot of healing in our M. I guess the OC part was a bit shocking to some, but again an outpouring of love and wanting to know when they will meet this little boy.

I admit we have an unusual church family. I have been told many congregations would not have been so supportive, though I believe the God I worship would want that. A lost lamb returned to his fold. My H's confession was very sincere and emotional. I finally saw the repentence I was hoping for so long ago.

Just an odd "desire" to keep the wrong woman happy
Aha, I am sorry for that. I pray he opens his eyes to see he is going about this the wrong way and for the wrong person.

Faith

DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
F
OP Offline
F
One reaction I did not expect from our congregation...I got one woman who came up and asked me to be praying for her. No explanation, just prayers. Then I had a man come up and tell me he was the BS in his first M.

Faith

DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
E
E
Originally Posted by faithful follower
One reaction I did not expect from our congregation...I got one woman who came up and asked me to be praying for her. No explanation, just prayers. Then I had a man come up and tell me he was the BS in his first M.

*wipes a happy tear*.. you are now being used in all of this.. in a much, MUCH grander and far more pleasant way.

Eibrab

Eibrab #2261315 05/14/09 10:39 PM
J
J
You guys are fabulous--faithy and E. I just want you to know I'm honored to be in your company. :-)

Huuugs,
J

Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person. -Mother Teresa
Jenny #2261525 05/15/09 09:01 AM
A
A
Eibrab & FaithfulFollower~

Both your stories have made me cry.

Good and bad tears...

Autumn Day #2261547 05/15/09 09:41 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Hi AD! Love ya, girl.

Thank you, Jenny smile

Faith

DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
E
E
AD smile

The other day I went and searched through some of my old posts here. One of them brought a tear to MY eye. It was from you being exactly what I needed at a crucial time.

I thank you for that.

Eibrab

Eibrab #2261887 05/15/09 03:57 PM
E
E
Jenny..

You remain my hero.

Eibrab

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 160 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation