Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 90 of 100 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 99 100
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hee hee, I know what you mean. I'm glad you bumped this so I don't have to look for it.

As reported by the Princess, here is the conversation taking place upstairs between Mom and Grandpa.

"Ok Daddy, it's time to change."

"Am I sane?"

"NO! IT'S TIME TO CHANGE!"

"What am I SAYING?"

"CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!"

Ahhhh, it's good to be back.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Emergency prayers needed for Tina and co. Things have reached a crisis, and a deputy is on the way out. More soon.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
The sheriff just got there to talk to her and the kids.

Basically, her oldest has been getting worse and worse, cussing his teacher, refusing to do anything for school, refusing to participate in therapy, then even refusing to go to therapy and running off so she couldn't drag him along. Monday he ran away but came back shortly before the storm blew in. It's just been one thing after another.

Even with all that, and talking (this week alone) to the teacher, school administrator, therapist, old social worker from when the kids were still fostering, CPS twice and the sheriff's dpt a whole bunch of times, nothing was enough for them to do anything.

So today he refused to go to church and she stayed home the first half of the day. He also refused to get in the car and go up to the church for the social and party and stuff, so finally she left, house locked up tight and a sleeping bag and food left for him. He was out running the neighborhood.

When she came home he had locked her out of the house and left a knife on the front porch.

So at last, at long long last, a deputy is there to talk to her about it. If that's not enough to 5150 him I'm going to be furious. So I'll let you know when I hear back from her.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
banghead They did not 5150 him. It "wasn't enough". They took a report and filed him as an unruly minor. It sounds as if he'll have to go on probation.

It's not enough. It's nowhere near enough to make an impression on him the way he is right now. They just don't get it.

Hooray for another triumph of the system. MrRollieEyes

Thanks be to God that He's not limited by career bureaucrats and impotent officialdom. The system has totally let Neaksis down. He hasn't, and He never sleeps.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
I could just not believe that Neak. That boy NEEDS that kind of penalty because nothing else seems to get his attention when he's RADing. It is not helping him at all by letting him off. I bet they think they are 'helping' him and being 'understanding'.... sneaking suspicion says too hard to deal with attitude.

But if I hadn't had it all explained to me I suppose I would think like those other public servants. I have spent years lernin' the public service...... Never make a decision if you can avoid it .... if you can't... get someone else to sign off on it .... if you cant do that... leave so many if's buts and howevers that no one really understands what you have said. think rotflmao

But seriously it was not a good decision... do they want a another young troubled young man involved in trouble making???? He needs real help and sometimes its going to be tough love help.

But as I am sure Neaksis would say ...its in Gods hands. hug

Of course it would be nice if we got a its ok I'm working on it from the man above wouldn't it? laugh

Feel a bit like treading water here right now... making sure no one sinks below the surface. But Mikey is happy and keeps me wayyyyyyyyyyy too busy to think too much. Its only 7.20pm and he's asleep... daylight still outside.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh don't make any loud noises. stickout

Hope all are doing well and that Halloween was not too traumatic with all those darlings high on sugar dance2

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
A quick update on Neaksis: she has become involved in a shacking up of convenience. laugh A male friend of the family (much older than she is) has moved in with her for a few days to keep the violence levels down. It has worked well - DS15 simmered down and accessed a functioning level of fakeness while he's there. He has to leave tomorrow, and Mom won't be home yet, so please continue in prayer anyway. It has given Neaksis a much-needed respite, even if she's caught quite a bit of good-natured teasing from us.

The Dervish just walked past me carrying a drawer of legos. "What are you doing with that, Dervish?"

"I'm going to make something magical while I go to the bathroom."

faint

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
Nothing like multitasking, no?

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
This is tl-too lazy to log out and log back in as myself. He's not THAT much older than she is, which could be why we haven't put an announcement about it in the church paper. He is WAY older than the RADdish, however, and considerably bigger. It's amazing how compliant a kid can be when he's outweighed, outgunned, and outmaneuvered! rotflmao No, RADdish, don't thank me. Really! Setting this up to help out your wonderful mom was all your dear granny's extreme pleasure.hug

tl

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
You have an awesome family TL.

My Story

Recovered!
S
S
You have an awesome family TL.

I second that.

A great sense of humor too.

SS chuckles.

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Mom is on her way to the house where she will be staying until she comes home again.

She and Dad bought the parsonage!

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
(This is very different than buying the farm.)

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
S
I THOUGHT I bought the farm once, but as it turned out, I just bought a lengthy hospital stay. Not sure which is best.

Mom is on her way to the house where she will be staying until she comes home again.

That's kind of like saying "It will last until it runs out." Or "I'm always happy unless I'm not."

I mean....... shucks.......... why is she staying there? How come she's not home NOW? Where does Mozart figure into this? What does the dervish think about virtual private networks?

Why doesn't anyone ever tell me anything useful?

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
F
F
Poor neaksis. LOL at SS. How come you don't let me know when you are gonna be less than 10 miles from me?

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
S
S
Sorry FF, I only thought about it on the way home. I barely thought to email 2long the night before I left. Turns out he lives about 1.3 miles from where I was staying. About 5 minutes if you don't get lost. (it took me 20, and yes, I got lost.)

I was (like many men) concentrating on the task at hand. My W always said I had a one track mind. That's why I don't talk on the phone while I drive. <grin>

Maybe we can put together a group lunch, dinner or something next time I am there. You want to coordinate it?

And of course, I want to know how you are. Good? Bad? In between?

SS

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Because her home is here now, dance2 and that other place is just marking time till she gets to her real home. (Warning: the views expressed in this program may not be the views of tl.)

In its favor, the house where she is still staying in CA, is warmer and has no access for pigeons to get in and leave their castings all over the upstairs. Hey, it's a starter home, and the pigeons started there first.

Dad still has never actually said that he's moving here. Now that he's bought a house, he still doesn't have to say anything. That is the German way.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
S
Yes, but why did she go back? You mean those guys went 35 up the hills with JUST YOUR STUFF?

You are too young to have collected that much stuff.

SS

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
You should see how much stuff I got rid of!!!

Here is what I found on my computer history - a whole bunch of Goodle searches:

trancibereun orkastru

trancibereun orkastra

trancibereun orastra

trancibereun - Google search

transiberian orchestra

(Aha!)

This is what he was looking for:

I have GOT to teach that boy to spell. I've tried, really!

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
S
I like the link. It's "cool"

How is AJ doing. I have not heard much about him lately.

Job OK?

I'm sure he is happier now that his family is there with him.

SS

Page 90 of 100 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 272 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation