Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2279377 11/28/09 08:59 AM
P
OP Offline
P
This site here is alledging that Tiger was putting on someone elses green and this the injuries inflicted were not from the car accident but from his wife wielding a golf club in an altercation in response to the affair.

Some of the news reports sounded fishy - a car accident where the airbags did not deploy, Elin having to break out the car window to get Tiger out. I think we'll be hearing more about this in the next few days.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/28/tiger-woods-elin-nordegren-fight-accident-suv-lacerations/

Me BH 49 WXW 50
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
M
M
Dang, I didn't know he married a Texas gal! smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
It's all over the tabloids that he was caught cheating and his wife lost it and attacked him with a golf club. The tabs used to be a joke, but they learned that the truth actually sells better and so they are often a good source for stuff like this.

Here's what I posted at the tmz website:

Believe it or not, adultery rarely has anything to do with the state of the marriage. It's almost always just people trying to have their cake and eat it, too - trying to have both the security and comfort of marriage *and* all the fun and excitement of dating. And they always convince themselves that they are so special and entitled it's okay if *they* do it, and they'll never get caught, and their spouse will never figure it out.

But when you commit adultery - especially when it's in a long-term marriage with children - you are playing with the nuclear holocaust of human emotions. Adultery is at the root of the vast majority of domestic violence cases and divorce cases. Adultery destroys families and destroys lives. It leads to broken families, and broken families lead to broken people.

I'm not saying she should have gone after him with the golf club, and yeah, if she assaulted him with it she should go to jail. But as Chris Rock once said - "I understand."

Drunk driving used to be socially acceptable, too. It's not any more. "Friends don't let friends drive drunk." Well, friends don't let friends destroy their lives and families with adultery, either.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/28/tiger...v-lacerations/22#c23528113#ixzz0YAd2jZQA

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Dang, I didn't know he married a Texas gal! smile

Those Viking women have a lot in common with Texas gals!
Mulan

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
M
M
And most of them are taller and with a lot less hair to get in the way of their swing...

grin

H
H
And surprise, surprise. She's a "party girl" with a reputation of going after married celebrities. The National Equirer is set to publish an article exposing the alledged affair.

Pre-A... I'd give Tiger the benefit of the doubt. Say it's just gossip to sell magazines. All rumors and lies. Never happen to this family man!

Now that my squeekly clean WH has put me through this -- and he has WAAAAAAY less money than Tiger and WAAAAAAY less opportunity than Tiger and WAAAAAAAY less beautiful and available women throwing themselves at him.... $hit happens. And Tiger isn't immune from temptation. He's a man of fame, power, money, influence, confidence... all factors leading to the ENTITLEMENT trap.

Just say it ain't so, Tiger. Don't burst my bubble that WH is right... that "Everybody does it."

M
M
Originally Posted by Mark1952
And most of them are taller and with a lot less hair to get in the way of their swing...

grin

Tall can't compensate for crazy, Mark! stickout

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Tall can't compensate for crazy, Mark!
Comes from breathin' all those Aquanet fumes for so long, I guess...

M
M
Originally Posted by Mark1952
Tall can't compensate for crazy, Mark!
Comes from breathin' all those Aquanet fumes for so long, I guess...

This could be true! grin

Exposure 101

P
P
Tiger's now a Cheetah.

Or he's got himself a Puma.

Take your pick.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
M
M
Pariah, my husband tells ppl I am a "cougar" because he is 1 yr younger than me. rotflmao

Exposure 101

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Pariah
Tiger's now a Cheetah.

Or he's got himself a Puma.

Take your pick.

And got himself involved with a Cougar and now the Tiger is the hunted.

Me BH 49 WXW 50
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
P
OP Offline
P
First time Tiger's ever been beaten by someone holding a golf club. grin

I look for his game to go downhill real fast this year. He's successfull because he is able to stay on the razor edge of focus better than his opponents.

Me BH 49 WXW 50
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
A
A
And I thought the best reference to OWs (especilly ones who serially go after married men) was pig.

I sometimes wish I had gone for the golf clubs on D-day. Instead, I went through H's deployment apt on D-day plus 14 with several extra large trash bags - removing nearly everything OW had given H, touched or even looked at. If I had known about their activity in my car at that point, I would not have hesitated to take out the rear window - or the rest of them for that matter.

This entire story today has made me very, very angry.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
O
O
I keep reading this headline as "Now Tigger?"

and I think...geez, even Winnie-the-Pooh land isn't safe?

T
T
Tiggers are wonderful things...Tigers, not so much

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 877 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation