Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 76 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 75 76
H
OP Offline
H
Not much of a victory. We were in front of the judge for about 3 minutes. Basically, our attorneys agreed that D!ck pays the back support amount due and that he'll cover two of the items he had been deducting. Not even a slap on the wrist since it seemed to just be a clarification. So, in essence, I get no additional money but he has to pay two things he didn't think he had to. And he was reminded to get us the credit card statements -- either the easy way or the hard way.

But what about the rest? The run away debt. Buying Bimbo Tiffany jewelry while we were married... and all the other stuff??

My attorney said that once all that stuff comes out, THEN the war begins. Today was just piddly stuff. TRIAL will be the grand show.

So he said not to fret if I don't feel like I'm getting my fair share. We have plenty of ammo to hurt D!ck.

And nice, considerate D!ck -- you know.. I was debating whether or not to give him a Christmas card? He's on the phone when I walk in the waiting area. He moves down far enough for me to PURPOSELY complain in the phone about having to be here, to invite his accountant buddy to lunch when we get out, and says that Bimbo is WAITING FOR HIM IN THE PARKING LOT.

What an a$s! So he's not going to let up on trying to upset me.

He needs to burn in he!!. He really needs to. Merry F-ing Christmas, D!ck.

S
S
What a jerk....but you know that it is all your fault that he was there instead of with his Bimbo...NOT!!!!!!! But that is how they think of us. Well just forget about that a$$ for now and enjoy the holidays as best as you can, K?

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
N
N
Having a judge order support / back support usually means that he will have a warrant issued for his arrest if he does not comply. So, I'd "judge" that as a big victory.

T
T
I agree with Neese - whooo hooo! Not only did you get what you were entitled to, the judge has had his first glimpse at what a d!ck D!ck is. He has just wrapped that first coil of rope you gave him to hang himself with.

C
C
HH,

You should consider this a small battle won in the war. Win one battle at a time.

The trial will be the main event. We were in court in the hallway several times before the actual trial. And my WH didn't behave like D!ck, but he wouldn't ever look my way or even acknowledge that I was there. And yes, this all hurts, feels awkward, is sad, etc. but you have to do it.

I can't believe he brought bimbo with him. Even my WH didn't bring Miss Mullet to court. What a stab to the heart.

Try to have a good holiday in spite of this. Do it for you and the kids....

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
L
L
Hey HH, late to the 'party' sorry.

Just wanted to say I am thinking of you and praying

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
K
K
I like to think of myself as a vengeful person. A Sith would be proud of me...

But--if he will not let up on you, then do not let up on him either. You and Chai are amoung the few BSs for whom Plan FU is appropriate.

Go to war on him.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
Q
Q
HH,

You didn't lose, you maintained or gained in perceivences.

The bottom line is you still don't know what G-d has planned for you. Please put all your trust and focus in him and seek HIS guidance for how to prepare and walk through this.

You are loved and admired by so much, but I KNOW that the blessings that come are from G-d. Pray for his will in all your A and KNOW that he is there watching, protecting and turning it to good.

Merry Christmas my friend..

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
W
W
Accept each little victory as it comes. YOU were the victor in this first skirmish. The judge corrected WH's perception that he could do what he wanted with the finances and have no consequences.

I am so glad you have a good attorney. They are certainly worth their weight in gold.

Remember to breathe - and take care of you.

There IS an end to this darkness - keep walking and you will find it.

Fox

P
P
Originally Posted by Neese
Having a judge order support / back support usually means that he will have a warrant issued for his arrest if he does not comply. So, I'd "judge" that as a big victory.

And, the court will garnish any future WH earnings on your behalf..

H
OP Offline
H
Thanks, again, for the wonderful support and encouragement. I am blessed -- I really am. And grateful everyday for my life.

And I have accomplished each and every goal I set before me. Goals related to me and the kids and the house and the finances. Well -- I need to lose weight because I started eating again -- but that's the usual New Year's resolution, not a "real" goal.

I trust in the Lord. I trust in my judgement. I trust in what matters. I'm not interested in drinking the kool-aid D!ck has tried to force down my throat for the past two years. That is the difference. I've detached enough to see D!ck as the d!ck he is.

And my latest goal? To get through Christmas buying the same amount of gifts for the kids and my family and friends. And I did it! I did...mostly thanks to early planning and... tee-hee... gift cards charged to a certain credit card in October. The irony is that THAT credit card's monthly charge is one of the expenses that D!ck has to pay that came out of court yesterday. So thank you, D!ck, for INDIRECTLY giving us all a very, merry Christmas.
hurray

P
P
Originally Posted by Holyheart
I trust in the Lord. I trust in my judgement. I trust in what matters.

I really appreciate the order in which you listed your hierarchy of trust.

The Lord first.
Yourself second.

When you really trust yourself, you trust that once you recognize an error, you will change your course as best you can, guided by the Lord and "what matters". (your core beliefs and your principles)

AWESOME my dear, simply awesome! kiss

C
C
Merry Christmas Holy.

You too Pep!

Holy, how has your daughter's basketball gone. She's varsity now right?

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
P
P
Originally Posted by Pepperband
When you really trust yourself, you trust that once you recognize an error, you will change your course as best you can, guided by the Lord and "what matters". (your core beliefs and your principles)

This is how all of us can SEE where the foggy alien rectal/cranium WAYNERDAHOLE anti-logic comes from.

All their decisions are, in essence, made as a result of the abandonment of The Lord, as well as the abandonment of any noble principles.

They live according to the 60's mantra:

"If it feels good, do it."

Which got ME into a lot of trouble, back in the day.
But, I was very young, and not as bruised with knowledge gained from experience as I am now.

When my H's A was exposed, the first important thing that came out of his dumb waynerd mouth was ... I need to get right with God again.

At the time, I was majorly skeptical about his announcement (and pissy about it too) ... but he kept to that course and became a man I am proud to call HUSBAND.

Any one of us can wander away from our Lord and our principles.
Only with humility and reconciliation do we find our way out of the abyss.

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory. for ever and ever.
Amen

H
OP Offline
H
Chris... Nice to hear from you. Yep, she's back at basketball but still on the JV team as a sophmore. Considering she hasn't handled a basketball since last season (due to her passion for water polo), she's pretty rusty. We've had two tournaments and a few practice games with league starting after the holidays. Don't expect DD to be the star, but I'm proud as heck that she's commited to play again. She plays three sports, is on honor role, and won the school's history day competition and will be going on to the county competition. Whoo - whooo.

I read up on your post as well. Always interested to hear about DD and the train wreak of Wayzilla. DD reminds me of my neice who's now a junior in college and the top engineering major. Her Dad dumped my sis and her for a cowboy queen. Between the new horse trailors and buying a ranch outside of town to house their horses, XBIL has no time for my neice. And she, too, played basketball through her junior year of high school. She just had no interest when her dad wasn't around her senior year. And my sister went through a double empty-nest wammy losing both her H and her daughter to college out of town.

And Wayzilla -- love to hear stories of poor choices leading to poor luck. I know we're not suppose to dwell on these, but it helps the healing some.

And Pepper -- fully, fully believe that when a person is right with God, they are right with the world. And I believe in forgiveness. But I can't wish forgiveness upon another until that person makes the effort. Your H was right in getting back on track.

Prayers for our waywards are truly needed. Prayers that they hear and obey the word of God. It's really that simple.

P
P
Yup, and you can pray for a day of reckoning while on this earth because the alternative is eternal.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Q
Q
Im on my way, I see you are on and I just needed to wish you a Merry Christmas and tell you that I am thinking about ya. I'll be back in a few hours if you need someone to spend time with. Love ya girl.

The day is almost half over. smile

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Z
Z

This is how all of us can SEE where the foggy alien rectal/cranium WAYNERDAHOLE anti-logic comes from.

All their decisions are, in essence, made as a result of the abandonment of The Lord, as well as the abandonment of any noble principles.

They live according to the 60's mantra:

"If it feels good, do it."

Which got ME into a lot of trouble, back in the day.
But, I was very young, and not as bruised with knowledge gained from experience as I am now.

When my H's A was exposed, the first important thing that came out of his dumb waynerd mouth was ... I need to get right with God again.

At the time, I was majorly skeptical about his announcement (and pissy about it too) ... but he kept to that course and became a man I am proud to call HUSBAND.

Any one of us can wander away from our Lord and our principles.
Only with humility and reconciliation do we find our way out of the abyss.

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory. for ever and ever.
Amen

Yes, but what about agnostics, atheists and members of other faiths that remain faithful? What do you feel causes them to adhere to their promises? Clearly, they are not relying on faith in the Lord . Yet, many are good, honest, faithful spouses.

H
OP Offline
H
I agree, Zelmo. Each of us have our inner reasons to remain good, honest, and faithful spouses.

But in my sitch... both WH and I are born, raised, practicing Catholics. Well... WH WAS practicing until he went AWOL. Our parents, our siblings, our children -- all believe in the same things.

Therefore, I hold true to the belief that WH needs to find his way back into the arms of God... back to his core values.

WH -- er -- D!ck has done a 180 in the worst way. He spits on the very beliefs he's held near and dear to him his whole life. And it's not just his beliefs in regards to spirituality -- he's done a 180 on his role with our kids, on our finances, on everything.

He no longer cares about his reputation -- "It's nobodies business" ... that people see him out with bimbo (he brought her to his office Christmas party)... that people are not trusting him at his job (he's lost a few respectable clients).

So...the farther and farther he gets away from his core spiritual life, the worse and worse his life becomes.

Our priest once had a sermon about our inner compass. How we have various factors which make up our compass -- our family, our jobs, our finances, our friends, our morals, etc. Basically, if one part gets way out of whack, it affects other parts. Like if you are spending too much time on the job, then your family may be neglected. If you are in debt, then your relationships may suffer. You need to try to keep a balance for harmony.

But if your compass has taken a radical change in direction... like when you are used to going towards God in everything you do or think or believe and you are now going towards the devil... well, ALL factors will follow in that direction.

And D!ck is the poster child for this. He's pretty much broken every commandment every day with the affair just being part of the problem. His job, his finances, his relationships... everything has been negatively affected.

So in my situation, I PRAY that the Lord will intercede and bring D!ck back into the fold or bring this prodical son into the slops of despair that he WANTS to return to his Father's home.

Z
Z
Yep, me too. Altar boy and the whole Jesuit education deal. Just did not want folks to get the impression that the only those of the Christian faith are viewed as having integrity.

Page 31 of 76 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 610 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation