Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 76 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 75 76
P
P
Originally Posted by Holyheart
What does he want??????

He covets.

covet [kuhv-it]

�verb (used with object)
1. to desire wrongfully, inordinately, or without due regard for the rights of others: to covet another's property.
2. to wish for, esp. eagerly: He won the prize they all coveted.
�verb (used without object)
3. to have an inordinate or wrongful desire.

S
S
I think I would just not respond now...but see what others say too....but that is my vote.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
P
P
How's this for a response:

"Who r u using so my attny can get in touch with re our offer?"

Do I keep pushing or is it better to stop it... walk away... remain silent. Tell myself that the next one who texts loses.

Less is more.

H
OP Offline
H
"who's your new attorney?"

C
C
There is no point to that.

Fade to black again.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
P
P
"who's your new attorney?"

Save this one for later.
Right now, silence.

Last edited by Pepperband; 01/07/10 01:17 PM.
S
S
Do you need to know who his atty is or will your atty find out anyway? I just dont get this stuff...but my vote is say nothing unless you need to get atty's name yourself .

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
F
F
How about, "Have your new attorney contact my attorney?"

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
P
P
I would say nothing. He's trying to engage you and FORCE you through brow-beating to do what he wants--- settle. Wah! Wah! Wah!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
He is baiting a response for a continued drama war. Don't do it.

It just gives him and the Mark Kay sexting tramp something to rant about tonight. Drama is the fuel that adulterers run on.

What ever his lawyer situation is now it will be found out soon enough.

Back to black.

"Never do what your enemy wants you to" - Napoleon I

Last edited by chrisner; 01/07/10 01:27 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
H
OP Offline
H
OK... silence is golden. Thanks for the advice. I'll post if I hear from him again. His wayward words... and your comments... just reaffirm that I AM NOT CRAZY.

T
T
Way to go HH. I agree with silence. He's trying to suck you into a vortex. Stay the heck away. No you are not crazy.

C
C
Really HH, the best thing that you can do is remain totally silent. Get your evidence together and let your atty handle all communications and STOP poking him.

Not that I did everything right, I didn't, but I did remain totally dark and took the high road, and I can tell you that I am glad I did. I have nothing to feel guilty about now, and nothing to regret, but XWH has a lot to think about after having had two heart attacks resulting most likely from all of this.

And if your state is like mine, the evidence you have WILL make a difference. My atty told me that if I could prove waste of marital funds, then XWH would be liable. I just chose not to spend the money to find it because I really didn't think it added up to a whole lot. You can prove thousands though, so I would keep going.

It just amazes me how they turn this all around on us so that it's our fault.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
H
OP Offline
H
It started up again this afternoon. He sent text asking how the cell phone deal was coming. I text that he didn't reply to my request that he keep one kid on his plan (this would allow me to put the other two on his parents plan without having to start up a new plan).

But... no... he can't just reply... another barrage of splew... "Phone was DDs gift. Have to have internet for that phone to work. I want to get his done and settled. Wish I didn't have to be a d!ck [HE SAID IT] but need something to change. the $ is for support. U don't want to settle or negotiate what am I to do. U want to settle all these little things r easy to agree on. It's not about 20 or 80 a month. It's about being civil and business like to get on with all our lives. I am not perfect and have apologized for the sh!!t. But I can't contine forever doing nothing."

Then a couple more about moving the numbers....Then he called. When I didn't answer, he called DD and said too much money is being spent on attorneys, I'm being difficult, he's trying to live his life, blah, blah, blah.

Yeah... like I won't settle. Settle what? Nothing been done. He's stalling on producing documents. He dragged his feet on paying me support. He whines and cries but won't do crap to propose something. Now he's without an attorney and we have a court date in two weeks.

I hate this wayward. He huffs and he puffs but he can't make his old family go away.

C
C
It's pretty evident that he is out of money, running scared regarding the misuse of marital funds, and is close to having a meltdown.

I think you should stay dark, but if you must reply just sound like a broken record - "This was YOUR choice, not mine"

These waywards need to be reminded of that because they do tend to forget....

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
K
K
Trying to live his life?

That is what 18 year old boys who join the army say, not grown men who have FAMILIES to support.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
H
H
I hate this wayward. He huffs and he puffs but he can't make his old family go away.

When this started he thought you lived in the house of "straw". He was pumped up with all the hot air that he would direct your way.

Your family is tight in the brick house and he is huffing and puffing and all he is doing is getting winded. banghead

I know he thinks he is the wolf but he has cloved hooves at this point. Going right down to hell.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
T
T
I agree with Chai. This also further confirms that his atty dumped him. He's probably freaking out because he was counting on the atty winning it all for him. He probably can't afford the retainer on a new one.

Stay dark. Resist the temptation to respond to him. Let him implode on his own. Why voluntarily walk up to a ticking time bomb?

P
P
Originally Posted by Tabby1
Stay dark. Resist the temptation to respond to him. Let him implode on his own. Why voluntarily walk up to a ticking time bomb?

DITTO !

C
C
Holy,

Don't resond to anything now. Nothing. He can talk to your attorney. Even about phones.

This is what the darkness of Plan B is for.

He is cracking. Step aside and let it happen.

Last edited by chrisner; 01/08/10 11:25 AM.

Page 35 of 76 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 783 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation