Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 39 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 38 39
S
S
Like you married your first W for LIFE....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
M
M
Except that when you marry your secret lover you then necessarily create a vacancy at the secret lover position.

Unfortunately, for you BOTH, "happiness" IS a singular pursuit and, for your wife, it seemingly REQUIRES drama of the kind atypical to the standard "happy" marriage.

It's only a matter of time. Within the next four years and 3 months to be precise for about 97% of your sort.

Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
she had a legitimate father to her kids. I also had two others that I/we looked after beyond a marriage. What she didn't have was the real me. The one who could show her the love that I felt and she hoped for.
There were options out there other than me but she married me for some obscure reason.
Is it just possible that this could end well.
What would so many of you wish it not to ?

B
B
Originally Posted by bingo
Why would she want to marry me (this is her first marriage) for any other reason that that she wanted to commit for life.

faint

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
i didn't marry my first wife for life. I married her out of obligation and knew it at the time. I did what I thought was the right thing and just could not take it anymore. This was a totally different set of emotions and circumstances.

F
F
There were options out there other than me but she married me for some obscure reason.
Boy, I'll say. Can you say, "understatement?"

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
what drama. There is no drama. She requires security and love and support just like any other woman does. Thats not drama ?

P
P
Why would she want to marry me (this is her first marriage) for any other reason that that she wanted to commit for life. That's certainly what it now means to me.

Seriously? For life? What would be your response to that question about your FIRST wife?

Look Bingo, what you can't seem to get is that your affairage is based on a foundation of sand. Your chances of success are 3%-- not very good is it? She has already been unfaithful to your "relationship". You went ahead and married her anyway for whatever reasons.

I'm thinkin' there's a lot more that you're not telling us because most affairs THRIVE on the drama. It's what feeds them. You know the truth and hopefully you can at least be honest to yourself.

You want to know what to do to make things right? You say you can't go back to your first wife, but you CAN have a HUGE impact on your children by teaching them to do the right things in life. Start by admitting to them that your affairage was wrong, by admitting to your first two children that you were wrong to treat their mother the way you did. By SHOWING them that redemption is possible with a repentent and contrite heart.

God will forgive you. We're just people. But part of repentence is turning from your sin and making things right.

Are you sure you want to stay where you are? Save this entire thread and revisit it in five years. Depending on your choices-- maybe you'll get it then.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
why so nasty Fred ?
I don't get your problem.

S
S
i didn't marry my first wife for life. I married her out of obligation and knew it at the time. I did what I thought was the right thing and just could not take it anymore. This was a totally different set of emotions and circumstances.

You committed to her for LIFE, when you married her, your first W....so why would you think suddenly marriage vows mean anything now. I always amazes me, Why would you commit again to me married for life when it meant nothing the first time you did it....How can you and your new W ever trust each other...I am not wishing you unwell, but I do not see a marriage lasting when you made a commitment before and didnt keep it. Why would this marriage be different, you both cannot trust each other.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I get that the chances were slim for us. I get that affairs thrive on drama, but in the main there was none. Our lives were fairly mundane and unremarkable.
I married wrongly the first time, for all the wrong reasons. I took a great deal of time to get married again and kept making the same mistakes until i nearly lost my now wife. We both decided to marry for all the right reasons. Wheres the problem in that.
We have been living as man and wife for 7 years under the same roof etc etc with kids. The vows, I admit, were not there but it was a real situation that I messed up.

F
F
why so nasty Fred ?
I don't get your problem.
Something tells me your time would be better spent focusing on your problem. That is, if you can identify it.

St. Francis of Assissi
P
P

[Linked Image from planetsmilies.net]
I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you.
Could you repeat your order please?

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I explained earlier. I had an unexpected son with my first wife but was not married to her at the time. I wanted to do what I thought was the right thing but I was very young (21) and very wrong to have committed to a marriage I knew was not going to last.
This is extremely different. I actually love this woman and didn't marry out of obligation and am glad I waited the years before doing it so that I could be absolutely sure. It took nearly loosing each other to realise that we wanted to be together forever. I meant the vows the second time. I just said them the first. I am so sorry if that hurts anyone but i am just being honest

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I agree Fred. I do have issues and have never denied that on this site or to myself.
All I want to be is perfect for my wife and our children and avoid divorce again. Thats why I am here to understand the principles of getting and keeping it right

P
P
i am just being honest
[Linked Image from planetsmilies.net]

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
what am i lying about then ?

F
F
I meant the vows the second time. I just said them the first.
Oh, I see. That excuses everything. Because you didn't mean it the first time. Bingo, you're a peach.

"Your honor, I only swore to tell the truth the first time because it was the convenient thing to say. Now that I'm the defendant, it's important for you to believe that I mean it this time."

St. Francis of Assissi
P
P
what am i lying about then ?

... this ...

Thats why I am here to understand the principles of getting and keeping it right

M
M
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
You want to know what to do to make things right? You say you can't go back to your first wife, but you CAN have a HUGE impact on your children by teaching them to do the right things in life. Start by admitting to them that your affairage was wrong, by admitting to your first two children that you were wrong to treat their mother the way you did. By SHOWING them that redemption is possible with a repentent and contrite heart.

In addition...you seemed to indicate that you kept your affair on the back burner as you settled your divorce and custody matters. Assuming YOU knew, in advance, that you were going to be pursuing a divorce (how else were you going to be with your soulmate?), then I presume, as an attorney, that you took advantage of your exwife in the divorce process (hidden cash, assets, jewelry, gifts for OW, etc.). In fact, it's possible that to this day neither your kids nor your ex-wife know that you and your current affair wife were romantically involved prior to the divorce. You kept it a secret...didn't you. (I also don't believe the "we didn't have sex until I was divorced" bullcrap but that's beside the point). You've not only got to FESS UP to your EX and your children...BUT you must PAY UP as well for what you STOLE from her. I think some MONETARY payment for her pain and suffering over the years would be in the cards as well.

Now I can't begin to tell you exactly how YOU are to repent as I believe repentence is a GIFT from God. He will direct you IF and WHEN you (and your co-conspirator wife) take this to Him. I'm just giving you (and maybe Him) some ideas.

Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
Page 11 of 39 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation