Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 39 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 38 39
M
M
Perhaps you should consider us as you do medication for the illness YOU TOLD US you'd already been diagnosed with and AVOID US.

Back to OZ.

Mr. W

p.s. - I AM a doctor

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
and I was accused of being delusional

C
C
Originally Posted by bingo
i am not double posting, how dare you. and my wife is asleep.
shame on you. Go see your FWW and have some fun.
Why are you baiting people? This accomplishes nothing.

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
i was diagnosed with that 5 years ago by a therapist but have since sought other advice and been told that alcohol may have played a part and until clean for a long period of time would avoid medication. That is what I am doing.
The valium is for sleep only and I take 5mg a day if I cannot sleep.
what on earth is your issue. As I said, are you a doctor ?

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I am not baiting anyone. I have been accused of something I did not do. Thats all. I am within my rights to reply

M
M
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
I have this feeling that we've been played. skeptical

Bi-polars have a way of making you feel like that.

He won't stop until we do, he gets bored or distracted. Although, most unmedicated cycling bi-polars won't handle discussing their mental illness for long. Once they figure out they can't "hide it" nor deny it...they move on deluding themselves with their own pompousity and ability to "handle"/"control" whatever it is that ails their racing mind ["we" the little people of the world couldn't begin to understand]. If you've ever seen people high on cocaine...that's how GOOD and OMNIPOTENT he thinks he feels right now. Mania can be intoxicating...ESPECIALLY WITH AN AUDIENCE.

Mr. Wondering

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
C
C
me wondering, I am very familiar with the culture in the u.k. and sometimes even use the word "bloody" too much time in the pub. but I assure you I live in the u.s. cant speak for someone who uses different spelling for grey , or gray . we often slip into some vernacular which may or may not represent where we live.

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
also dr wondering my father killed himself 6 years ago and we were the best friends in the world. I was unsure at the time whether that might no have a bearing and unwilling to take medication for something that could just as easilly have been grief

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
thanks chaumont. I get the impression that some here wish doom

F
F
***edit***

Last edited by McLovin; 01/08/10 07:44 PM. Reason: TOS - multiple aliases
P
P
Notice how the first word of each post for both posters is lower case? Where is Schoolbus when you need her? I bet she'd confirm it as well.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
***EDIT****** please don't contribute if you don't like me or what I have done. There is such a thing as milder versions of bi-polar. I am not doing this for an audience. Please leave

Last edited by JustUss; 01/08/10 05:53 PM. Reason: TOS attack
B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Flambeau. I agree, which is why I came here to avoid bringing it up at home. I did indeed marry her warts and all as she did me. Forgetting is the difficulty, not forgiving. That I think perhaps takes a little more time than I had bargained for. But in essence you are right. I should let it lie. It was nothing really,and I am exaggerating it in my head for no good reason.

M
M
This poster is a unmedicated bi-polar. He won't learn anything here and will continue on with this thread until he gets bored and moves on to the next thing his racing mind attaches to. I suggest we all TRY to stop beating our heads against the wall as there is NO WINNING AN ARGUMENT and NO RATIONAL DISCUSSION to be had with a mentally ill unmedicated cycling bi-polar. Whereas some people don't get it and don't get that they don't get it...this guy doesn't get it and CAN'T until his underlying mental condition is addressed and treated.

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
oh , my god, you really think I am double posting. I came for help not for the witch hunt I stated was going on earlier.
Why would I double post. It would achieve nothing.

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
you are not a doctor !!!!!

F
F
***edit***

Last edited by McLovin; 01/08/10 07:46 PM. Reason: TOS - multiple aliases
B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
leave wondering. You are seriously out of order. You have not met me, my wife or been my doctor. ********EDIT************

Last edited by JustUss; 01/08/10 05:55 PM. Reason: TOS attack
B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Yup its the forgetting that brought me here. I am sure with time it must go, but this is new to me and i thought, that some insight here would help. instead, I got blasted from every angle about things unrelated to why I came in the first place.

P
P
How bout them Cowboys!?!? Woohoo!!!! dance2

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Page 17 of 39 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 715 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation