Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 39 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 38 39
B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
looking at the bigger picture is difficult when the small parts are the most painful.

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
love and peace to all (except the dr) I am going to have to go to bed soon. My wife is waiting for me there. Neglect, i believe, is on the list of no no's.

F
F
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
How bout them Cowboys!?!? Woohoo!!!! dance2
Oh, please.

(A plaintive outburst from the doormat of the NFC East)
[Linked Image from thekyleirion.files.wordpress.com]

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
for me, what I have learned today is that my situation is pretty good actually however it came about. I am troubled by a past incident that I have forgiven for and will take time to forget it in it's current form. Hopefully it will eventually be a reminder of where neglect can lead and not a reminder of the mistakes we can all make.
I am grateful to all that have taken time to write. I wish you all the very best and know my heart is in the right place, perhaps my head is taking a while to catch up.
I had a 12 week scan yesterday followed by a funeral. Circle of life and all that.
I do know that it is for living and spending time in guilt is not healthy. It is a useless emotion that serves no one. People here today have attempted to make me feel that way over and over and I refuse to be shafted by it. Regret is something different. I, as Frank said, have a few, but I wake with a smile when i see who is next to me and fall in love all over again. I am a lucky one. I wish the same to all.

P
P
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
Oh, please.

LOL Fred!!!!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I wish I understood what you were saying Fred. could you explain before I leave for bed ?

M
M
Originally Posted by catperson
You know what? It looks to me like he gets it, folks. He's been told ad nauseum what YOU think he should have done and that YOU think he should just divorce this woman because he erred. Well, guess what? We ALL err. And hopefully, we ALL learn. I can bet good bucks that he would not do the same thing AGAIN because of what he has learned here.

So...where does that leave him? With a WIFE. No matter how he ended up with her, he IS married. And he IS here trying to fix it. And he IS here agreeing with you, despite the monumental whopping he's been getting, that he has a lot of personal work to do. He's still here, which is a lot more than can be said for most of the people who get battered into goo around here for affairages.

So how about we go down THAT road now? Help him figure out exactly what to work on so no more damage is done?

That's what I've been saying as well, Cat. How about we call a moratorium on bingo's pile-on and proceed with the mechanics he needs? He's not going to get religion re the sanctity of M today. But I am convinced he WILL, will help from the folks here and a willingness to learn. As a matter of fact, I can see bingo on here on future postings, sagely giving accurate advice to newbies. Let's roll with this guy, shall we?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

F
F
Originally Posted by bingo
I wish I understood what you were saying Fred. could you explain before I leave for bed ?
What I have been trying to say since the first response I gave you, was that you need to look first at yourself. You need to find out what your shortcomings are/have been and correct those before you can hope to be the best husband, and have the best marriage possible.

Posting here and arguing against those with whom you don't agree is fruitless. When I first arrived here, I balked at doing some of the things that I was told to do. But it was pointed out to me that these people knew what they were talking about and I didn't. Humility is the first step in becoming stronger and willing.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
P
P
[Linked Image from planetsmilies.net]

Whaz goin' on mon?

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
No need maritalbliss, I am done with being judged. I would love to help others and spent many years working on the phones over here in the UK as a samaritan. I have heard a great deal and dealt with a great deal, but the unhealthy way people are lambasted here is not structural. I understand that I am married to someone who is considered a husband stealer, but you don't know her and you don't know us.
We made a few idiotic mistakes along the way. I mainly, but we got to where we need to be. I just find the forgetting part tricky. I obsess and always have done. can be a very useful tool in business but not so if it turns against you.
Thank you though for your kindness.

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
i will go away and work on myself. after all I have to live with me 24/7 and I know that my shortcomings are many and varied. I want to do this for me and my wife, but mainly US. Thanks for the wise words.

M
M
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
Oh, please.

LOL Fred!!!!

:::sitting up, folding hands primly::: My goodness...why, are you two attempting...jocularity?...lightening up the moment, perhaps?...goodness! Because those two teams SUCK!!

Back to your regularly scheduled post...

D-Day 2-10-2009

P
P
:::sitting up, folding hands primly::: My goodness...why, are you two attempting...jocularity?...lightening up the moment, perhaps?...goodness! Because those two teams SUCK!!

faint Oh my heart!! rotflmao

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
I like the LIONS...

poor me

Dr. W

P
P
Originally Posted by MrWondering
I like the LIONS...

poor me

Dr. W

I like the Niners

Dr. Pepper

T
T
I can not get over.....,why?

You cheated with a cheater. Then married her, a cheater. Time goes by and what does the cheater do? She cheats on you.

You reap what you sow.

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
For the last time. I never cheated, nor did she as I was getting divorced. She did cheat on me because I was not fulfilling any of her needs. That's true.
Yes I reaped what I sowed. How wonderfully helpful in a "how to survive and affair" forum.
Brilliant insight

C
C
**edit**

Last edited by Revera; 01/08/10 09:48 PM. Reason: TOS personal attack
M
M
Originally Posted by bingo
For the last time. I never cheated, nor did she as I was getting divorced. She did cheat on me because I was not fulfilling any of her needs. That's true.
Yes I reaped what I sowed. How wonderfully helpful in a "how to survive and affair" forum.
Brilliant insight

Keep reading.

D-Day 2-10-2009

S
S
Flambeauone was edited for multiple aliases so someone was double posting and I think that is the person who said Mr Wondering was a lawyer.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
Page 18 of 39 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation