Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2304939 01/14/10 08:08 AM
J
Jean36 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I read this when I woke up and it started my day off nicely, thought it might help someone else.

A young couple was shopping for antiques one day in an exclusive store and took notice to one of the most beautiful tea cups they had ever seen sitting on a shelf. They knew immediately that they had to buy it. As they stood there admiring it, then they were shocked to hear it begin to speak.

You know what? I didn�t always look like this, said the beautiful teacup. There was a time when nobody wanted me. There was a time when I wasn�t attractive at all. You see I was just an old lump of clay. But one day this potter came along and he began to pat me, form me and mold me. I said to the potter, �What are trying to do? That hurts! I�m uncomfortable! Leave me alone!� But the potter smiled and said, �Not yet.�

He then put me on the potter�s wheel, said the tea cup. And he spun me around and around and I began to get dizzy. I didn�t like it, but eventually, I took on a different shape. He formed me into this tea cup. I thought he was through with me, but all of a sudden he put me into a furnace. It was so hot in there, I could not stand it. I thought I was going to die! And when he came to check on me, I could see him through the glass in the furnace and he had a sparkle in his eye. I screamed out to him, �Hey let me out of here!� He just smiled and said, �Not yet.�

Finally after a long time, he took me out and put me on the shelf, said the tea cup. I thought, thank God it is finally over. Now I can get back to being my normal self. But then the potter came back over and began to paint me with this sticky paint. I didn�t like it. It smelled terrible! I thought I was going to choke. And I told him, �Leave me alone!� But again, he just said, �Not yet.�

Then he put me into a second oven that was twice as hot as the first. And I thought for sure it was all over. This time I thought it was going to be the end of me. When he came to check on me, I said, �Listen, I am serious. I can�t take this anymore!� But once again he just smiled and said, �Not yet.�

Finally he took me out and after a couple of days I cooled off. He came by and handed me a mirror. And when I looked into that mirror, I could not believe how beautiful I was. I could not believe how much I have changed. I did not look like anything like that the hard lump of clay that I started out to be. Now I am this beautiful tea cup and everybody wants me. But always remember there was a time, when nobody wanted me. But now, all because of the potter I am valuable. He made something special out of my life.

There may be things going on inside of us that we do not understand, but when we finally arrive at the place where GOD wants to bring us, we will see how it has prepared us for what God wanted for us all along."

Me-41 BS (FWS)
DH-41 WS (FBS)
2DD's- 10 and 12
Married 15 years
Separated for 2 years after my A
Reconciled for 1 year before his A
D-day for his A 8/23/05
WH moved out 9/16/05
Divorce final 1/23/07
Affair ended or month or so later
My Story
Jean36 #2304984 01/14/10 09:40 AM
M
M
Originally Posted by Jean36
I read this when I woke up and it started my day off nicely, thought it might help someone else.

A young couple was shopping for antiques one day in an exclusive store and took notice to one of the most beautiful tea cups they had ever seen sitting on a shelf. They knew immediately that they had to buy it. As they stood there admiring it, then they were shocked to hear it begin to speak.

You know what? I didn�t always look like this, said the beautiful teacup. There was a time when nobody wanted me. There was a time when I wasn�t attractive at all. You see I was just an old lump of clay. But one day this potter came along and he began to pat me, form me and mold me. I said to the potter, �What are trying to do? That hurts! I�m uncomfortable! Leave me alone!� But the potter smiled and said, �Not yet.�

He then put me on the potter�s wheel, said the tea cup. And he spun me around and around and I began to get dizzy. I didn�t like it, but eventually, I took on a different shape. He formed me into this tea cup. I thought he was through with me, but all of a sudden he put me into a furnace. It was so hot in there, I could not stand it. I thought I was going to die! And when he came to check on me, I could see him through the glass in the furnace and he had a sparkle in his eye. I screamed out to him, �Hey let me out of here!� He just smiled and said, �Not yet.�

Finally after a long time, he took me out and put me on the shelf, said the tea cup. I thought, thank God it is finally over. Now I can get back to being my normal self. But then the potter came back over and began to paint me with this sticky paint. I didn�t like it. It smelled terrible! I thought I was going to choke. And I told him, �Leave me alone!� But again, he just said, �Not yet.�

Then he put me into a second oven that was twice as hot as the first. And I thought for sure it was all over. This time I thought it was going to be the end of me. When he came to check on me, I said, �Listen, I am serious. I can�t take this anymore!� But once again he just smiled and said, �Not yet.�

Finally he took me out and after a couple of days I cooled off. He came by and handed me a mirror. And when I looked into that mirror, I could not believe how beautiful I was. I could not believe how much I have changed. I did not look like anything like that the hard lump of clay that I started out to be. Now I am this beautiful tea cup and everybody wants me. But always remember there was a time, when nobody wanted me. But now, all because of the potter I am valuable. He made something special out of my life.

There may be things going on inside of us that we do not understand, but when we finally arrive at the place where GOD wants to bring us, we will see how it has prepared us for what God wanted for us all along."

:::goosebumps::: smile Thanks for this, Jean.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Jean36 #2304990 01/14/10 09:51 AM
C
C
Wow, what a beautiful reading. Thanks so much for sharing it!! It hit home as latley I've been having some real bad days...

Cat

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 565 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation