Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 76 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 75 76
P
P
But more importantly, if I were you I would go see a tax lawyer, because of the fact D!ck is a gambler and a cheat. You may have some unpleasant surprises down the road if the IRS suddenly discovers that he underpaid your taxes by a couple of hundred thousand dollars during the course of your marriage.

I agree! He is a proven liar and cheat-- why stop at adultery?

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
(((HH)))))

I agree with the above. Perhaps you can get your atty to put a restraining order on D!ck to prevent him from filing taxes until you decide whether it is more beneficial to file together or seperately. Last year, we had to have it done both ways to determine which was best (per the judge).

You should also have your atty point out the fact that he didn't give you your share of the tax return last year. Ask for it in the settlement.

HH, you have to keep on top of this or he is going to screw you big time. I feel bad for you because he is such a wicked WS.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
T
T
Agree with others. Talk to your lawyer and get a referal from him for a tax laywer. Get busy now. My WXH is still screwing me out of taxes almost 3years later!!! And he's not a banker and doesn't have an accountant or any of the resources your WH has.

One question you can ask your lawyer is about naming the parent who claims children in your settlement. It is done here all the time but we do have a different system.

H
OP Offline
H
Great advice and timely.

I will ask the attorney today. I particularly like the restraining order preventing him from jumping the gun. And, since D!ck says he won't be using his attorney anymore, perhaps the judge's decision will get through to him.

And the kids... just thinking that since two are working and their W2s will come here to the house, he likely can't include them since he won't know their income and won't have their forms.

And last year's return... I'm trying to get my attorney to ask for my share at court next week. I gave him copies of the credit card statements and copy of the check D!ck wrote to himself the same day the state refund was deposited in his account.

OK... you guys got my motor running. YOU ROCK!!!!!

M 25 yrs, 3 teens
Dday 12/07
5ish False Recoveries (all in 2008)
12/08 WH moves in w/OW, her kids
Plan B/D/FU -- depending on the day
He files 1/09; D final 12/2012
"I'm moving on"
P
P
That CAN be put into a divorce decree, but it may not help her THIS year, since the decree is a ways off yet. Can never hurt to ask though!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
L
L
HH --

Just go to TurboTax and do a walk through for yourself.
YOu don't have to pay until the end, and only if you file.
But you can try different scenarios to see what works for you.

Its really user-friendly and will ask you questions about your situation. You can just put in estimates if you don't have the final figures....And you can go back and change everythimg and try different scenarios.

YOu really don't need the kids incomes or W2 other than to have a ballpark of waht they made, so you know if they are dependents.
And in this case (I assume they aren't paying you rent) they are for sure going to be your dependents. I'm sure [censored] thinks he bought them with all his "support".....

Last edited by Lexxxy; 01/13/10 03:54 PM.
H
OP Offline
H
Great advice about turbo tax. I'll talk with FIL and attorney at meeting and get their advice. I'm pretty sure FIL does his own taxes, and I'm sure he'll help me if I ask.

I'd just like to get certain things clarified BEFORE so I'm not trying to change things AFTERWARDS with the IRS. I'm alreadying battling one monster; can't take on the IRS as well.

Thanks again for the help. I'll post later tonite about the meeting.

K
K
Yes, heaven knows you don't need to face the IRS in addition to Lord Blackwood.

(Spoilers would have to be included to make that reference clear. Watch Sherlock. It's to do with the deception)

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
H
OP Offline
H
Ahhh... Lord Blackwood and Thumblina. Man, is D!ck ever popular.

Well, attorney was pretty much a waste of time and $. At least FIL was along for the ride so he had his questions answered.

Bottomline is that without D!ck's credit card statements, we can't really proceed. And he's been subpoenaed to produce. So, if he doesn't "produce" by court next week, attorney will request that D!ck go in the adjourning room and call the credit card companies. He wants me to bring along the phone numbers.

But we can't demand or bring up other items because proper notice hasn't been given. Attorney will call D!ck's attorney to clarify taxes and some other issues -- IF he's still the acting attorney.

He said for sure that we will stand before the judge and he will demand the subpoenaed items.

Attorney feels we need to go the proper legal route since D!ck won't listen to anyone -- including his parents.

K
K
Well, D!ck reminds me of Lord Blackwood! stickout

Putting on a grand show to appear terrible when he is nothing special.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

C
C
HH,

I know that there has to be some drama going on over there, so out with it girl!!

It's been too quiet. What gives?

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

H
OP Offline
H
Little drama with D!ck this week, but next week with court on Thursday will be a whole different ballgame.

My mom had lumpectemy today. All is fine. Dr. is confident that the surgery followed by raditation will cure all. The cyst was very, very small and the Dr. said this type rarely radiates out so great news.

Times like this I just want to put D!ck and his craziness on the back burner and chill. Yep, it would be nice to have a caring husband to talk with and feel his warmth in a hug, but can't dwell on that. Just have to be grateful for each and every day.

N
N
HH - The IRS rule is that if you haven't slept under the same roof for the last six months of the year (even for one night) AND you had your kids, you can file head of household. D!ck needs to file single, no exemptions. He's going to get killed with taxes.

My legal separation did not get finalized until January, 2009, and I was able to file head of household for 2008. It's MUCH better than married separate.

H
OP Offline
H
Wooooo-whooo Neese. Thanks for the follow up.

My attorney was going to check with D!ck's current attorney to discuss the tax situation. My attorney said that if we agreed to any joint filing, then he would make it a court order that I get my share of any refund since D!ck took all of the 2008 refund and spent it on Bimbo, 3 trips to Vegas and 2 trips to the beach.

As for head of household -- attorney said the same thing. Said D!ck will get hit hard with taxes. But... knowing D!ck and the sleaziness of his accountant, he will find a way to get out of paying a dime. If I remember correctly, the accountant mentioned that BOTH D!ck and I can file head of household. But without kids, don't know how D!ck can do this unless he takes one as a dependent.

Hummmmm.....I foresee a possible negotiation opportunity.

C
C
I think you should ask for half of last year's refund. It was yours and you didn't get it. Put it on your list.

HH, I think about you often and I am so impressed with your ability to keep fighting. Your WH is as bad or worse than mine, and I know how betrayed that I felt (and still feel). It has to be much more difficult for you having minor children that have to suffer in this too.

When they leave for OP, then turn their backs on us totally and try to ruin us financially etc. - well, it really hurts.

Keep fighting though, because you are truly fighting EVIL.

Put your cape on girl!

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

H
OP Offline
H
I have tears in my eyes right now. Getting the support from my peeps on this board keeps me going. And the support from my family and friends is amazing. And my kids -- each time I do something for them that should have been shared with their dad --well, I give it a thought then say "I'm where I'm suppose to be, doing what I'm suppose to be doing."

And for now... just trying to keep my head above water financially.

Yep, CL, I have my half of the refund on my ever growing list. I just need to keep organized, get my documentation in order, and handle this as the most important task EVER in my life. I'm motivated... I'm focused... and I'm confident. I've swept my emotions aside and turned this into a business deal.

I am fighting the devil. I truly believe it with every fiber of my being. If this is what God had in store for me, then bring it!!! I'm ready for battle.

C
C
Originally Posted by Holyheart
I just need to keep organized, get my documentation in order, and handle this as the most important task EVER in my life. I'm motivated... I'm focused... and I'm confident. I've swept my emotions aside and turned this into a business deal.

That is absolutely the way you have to look at it now. You are battling an evil woman who wants to step in and take YOUR life away from you, and your WH is supporting it. Don't let it happen.

If this is what God had in store for me, then bring it!!! I'm ready for battle.

That's our girl. You have the right attitude. Slay the hostile beast and his rutting partner.

[/quote]

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

H
H
All I can say is thank God for MB.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
K
K
What's up, HH?

C
C
HH,

Good luck in court tomorrow. Please keep us updated!!!!

We will be there with you.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

Page 37 of 76 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 783 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation