Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2308431 01/20/10 05:06 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I listened to the tape recorder I had hidden in WH car. They are supposed to be meeting today at 5 pm. Generally we send text messages back and forth regular.
The last few days he has not been responding right away.
I have not sent him a text since this morning.
Do I send him one now telling him I love him while he is with her?
Will that just piss him off cuz its their time?
Still so confused and hurt...

G
G
No

If you know where they are meating I would go there and confront them.

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
C
C
Please keep to one thread.

Go ahead and show up. Let them wonder how you became psychic.

C
OP Offline
C
I dont know where they are meeting, yesterday it was at Mcdonalds but it is 45 minutes away.

D
D
Think "battle plan", but you don't want to make yourself the bad guy. How can you introduce the most conflict into their affair?

Whatever you decide, decide on it for that reason. Exploit contrast effect to your benefit. Make yourself look attractive and the other woman less attractive. Do so safely.

That said, this is a very good reason to plant a GPS in his car in addition to the VAR smile

If it were me? I'd simply call and chat the wayward spouse up as much as possible. What are a man's stereotypical top 5 emotional needs?
* Sexual Fulfillment
* Admiration
* Recreational Companionship
* Attractive Spouse
* wild-card...

How can you fill those needs on his way there? Is it possible for you to figure out where he's going... perhaps tail him to his destination? Anything to introduce conflict into their affair.

Keep that goal in mind. Now that you understand how love works, use that to your advantage to build love for you in the mind of your wayward, to exploit Contrast Effect to make you look better than the Other Person, and find ways to introduce Conflict into the wayward's relationship with the other person so that their Love Bank balances drop.

Doormat_No_More
(Formerly Barnboy)
Original thread lost in the forum purge of '09.
4 months after D-Day
1 year after D-Day
Two Years Later
Four Years Later
D
D
Originally Posted by cherrychip
I dont know where they are meeting, yesterday it was at Mcdonalds but it is 45 minutes away.

McDONALDS? How f'n romantic...DUDE

M
M

Try and find out where, Cherry, and go there. It is your job to cause as much conflict as possible in the affair.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
He works late on Wednesday so he is already gone by the time I get home from work.
I am trying really hard to make those deposits but when I hear him tell her he loves her so much and share their days together,
it just rips me apart to the point of anger,
right now I want to tell him I know who he is with,
then I think they are going to laugh at me while I am in pain!
This drives them closer together does it not?

C
C
Do you know who she is? Gather contact info on her husband, parents, siblings, and friends. Look for her facebook page. Then expose to all of them, including on facebook, and expose to all HIS people - all on the same day.

T
T
Stay on one thread.

Late to be saying this now, should go there. Strir up the hornet's nest.

C
OP Offline
C
Sorry about adding the extra thread, this is only my second time out here, really was not sure how it worked. Now I understand as

Yes I know who she is, she is his employee. She is not married, she has two children.
She was married and had A with another individual at work got divorced stayed with him for a while...
Now my WH and her are doing the same thing...

B
B
When will men learn? This has to be the 3rd or 4th thread today that I read that OW is a known serial cheater/homewrecker.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
P
P
Originally Posted by barbiecat
When will men learn?

'Bout the same time women stop giving it away for free.

C
OP Offline
C
Ok, so I am trying to stay on the same thread, think I have this figured out. To bad my marriage was not that easy!
So, in planning for battle and making myself better than the OW,
I have not been texting him like i normally would and he is now stating to text me more and more.
Is this what I am supposed to be doing? Loving him yet making him wonder why I am not bugging him?
I went to the gym last night, sent him a text that I was done and within 30 seconds he was calling me and asking me about it.

E
E
Originally Posted by barbiecat
When will men learn? This has to be the 3rd or 4th thread today that I read that OW is a known serial cheater/homewrecker.

I could ask the same about women, after all, it was my XW who "gave it away" to a married man who traveled on his job.

So how dumb do you have to be to think that if he cheats on his wife, he'll cheat on you when he's in some other town.

Ditto for him.

But cheating is not a gender trait, it's a character fault. Bad character is equally represented in both genders.

F
F
Sorry about adding the extra thread, this is only my second time out here, really was not sure how it worked. Now I understand as

Yes I know who she is, she is his employee. She is not married, she has two children.
She was married and had A with another individual at work got divorced stayed with him for a while...
Now my WH and her are doing the same thing...
Uh-oh. Career-stopper.

When the company learns this is going on and hears the words "Sexual Harassment Suit," watch how fast the pigeons abandon the statue.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
S
S
You are correct in that it does not matter the gender.

My h's FOW was another one of those type of women as well though, she was known to have "done everyone in the building" and my h had a picture of our family on his desk.

It is more like people crazy .............

C
OP Offline
C
Ok, so I am trying to stay on the same thread, think I have this figured out. To bad my marriage was not that easy!
So, in planning for battle and making myself better than the OW,
I have not been texting him like i normally would and he is now stating to text me more and more.
Is this what I am supposed to be doing? Loving him yet making him wonder why I am not bugging him?
I went to the gym last night, sent him a text that I was done and within 30 seconds he was calling me and asking me about it.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation