Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 24 25
L
lokil Offline OP
OP Offline
L
After I came home I slept and woke up at 4 am crying when I rememeberd what I did, all my friends in real life will be very harsh on me if I tell them I had no one to talk to I have been looking on resources on how to save my marriage after infidelity.

S
S
We are telling you how...you must come clean with EVERYONE...that is the ONLY way to save your marriage....are you planning on doing that?

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
C
C
80 Replies and rising. As of a couple minutes ago 27 of the 115 people (23.4%) on the forum were tuning in.

Good job!

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
N
N
Trolls typically have some short, flashy story designed to get everybody all het up, argifying, and riled. They keep much concealed, and just feed out little bits here and there to keep the flames a-bilin'.

Sometimes a genuine newby comes along and sounds just like that. More often than not it's a troll, but once in a while it's for real.

Personally, I don't mind giving briefly of my time no matter which sort it is, and I don't rile easy. With the little educational comment about spermies, I pretty much used up the last of my good advice till (if/when) some genuinely new development takes place.

I'm purty good at NC letters...

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
> my marriage after infidelity

You don't save something by building upon a lie.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
L
lokil Offline OP
OP Offline
L
we were in their room because that`s where they have their computer, and they were showing me some of the designs they made, so she didn`t think anything about that. Her boss is her friend too they were discussiong some projects for this week, she was going to ask him to come to the house after for some more wine but he couldnt make it.

S
S
The damage is done...its like running someone over with your car and killing them...pretty soon the rotting body in the closet is gonna start smelling and EVERYONE will know...

Take the consequences NOW, not later...that is the only way to save your marriage.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

L
lokil Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I dont want to lose my friends I dont want to lose my marriage I wish I could make this thing go away.

D
D
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
The damage is done...its like running someone over with your car and killing them...pretty soon the rotting body in the closet is gonna start smelling and EVERYONE will know...

Take the consequences NOW, not later...that is the only way to save your marriage.

Good analogy, SH.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
P
P
Originally Posted by lokil
I wish I could make this thing go away.

I wish I were taller with long legs.

W
W
I dont want to lose my friends I dont want to lose my marriage I wish I could make this thing go away.

Okay, but you can't wish it away. So, now what?

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
D
D

We understand this. But by keeping this secret, you are making choices for your husband and friend that are not yours to make. Once they find out about this, the resentment will grow bigger the longer you've kept the secret.

You ARE already making this worse by not saying anything.

To top it off, you are being VERY selfish and unsympathtic towards two people you CLAIM you care for. What about THEIR needs and wants? Do you not love them?

My Story

Recovered!
S
S
If you have no intention of telling your H or your friend why the h377 are you posting here?

L
lokil Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by Dealan-de

We understand this. But by keeping this secret, you are making choices for your husband and friend that are not yours to make. Once they find out about this, the resentment will grow bigger the longer you've kept the secret.

You ARE already making this worse by not saying anything.

To top it off, you are being VERY selfish and unsympathtic towards two people you CLAIM you care for. What about THEIR needs and wants? Do you not love them?

I do care about them thats why I dont want to hurt them, If my husband cheated and it was a one time thing I wouldnt want to know it would hurt me deeply and I dont htink i could trust him again.

S
S
She didn`t know we heard the door and got dressed before she came in we had dinner and watched a movie after that.

I quit. At the very least, Lokil, you are morally bankrupt and devoid of conscience if you could continue your M and this friendship without coming clean.

God's Blessings,

Say

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
L
lokil Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I don`t know what im doing here I guess I was looking fo people with similar expiriences who would tell me it wouold all be ok but i guess nothing is going to be ok after this.

S
S
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
Originally Posted by stillhere8126

Good analogy, SH.

Thanks D...were you the one with the peeing in the wind analogy...well that is the one I was trying to beat. grin

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

W
W
Originally Posted by saynomore
She didn`t know we heard the door and got dressed before she came in we had dinner and watched a movie after that.

I quit. At the very least, Lokil, you are morally bankrupt and devoid of conscience if you could continue your M and this friendship without coming clean.

God's Blessings,

Say

Here, here. You've been given advice. Until you start to listen to some of it, there's really no point in continuing this discussion. Good luck to you.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
S
S
Originally Posted by Pepperband
[quote=lokil]
I wish I were taller with long legs.

I wish I was younger, Pep.

God's Blessings,

Say

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
S
S
I don`t know what im doing here I guess I was looking fo people with similar expiriences who would tell me it wouold all be ok but i guess nothing is going to be ok after this.

It might be...but maybe not right now and definitly not if you brush it under the rug.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Page 5 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 83 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation