Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Z
Z
Stay, I am good, thnaks.
Today, I went to look at Condos. I have been sleeping on the couch at my friends condo for over 2 years, now. My credit has been repaired(it was over 800 when I married my BPD/NPDXWW and it took a huge hit from her clandestine purchases((including stealin our kids parochail school tution money to finance her affair)).
Now, it has risen to the point where I can qulaify for a mortgage. I will also get the first time buyer's tax credit ,as I sold the house more than 3 years ago.
I went online and started looking at dog rescue sites. I really want to get a dog for myself and my girls , once I move in.
I found a beautiful condo with 2 bedrooms and a fireplace and 1 and a half baths. It was priced at 116,000 three months ago and has been reduced to 60,000 in a short sale. I can buy it and my monthly mortgage payment will be about $300 at the current interest rates. This is less than I pay my buddy for rent.
My golf game has been really excellent , best in years. I can break par pretty regularly on most courses and I will try to qualify for the US Senior Open this year. If I make the field(you just need one hot round as it is only an 18 hole qualifier and if you get hot, next thing you know, you are teeing it up with Tom Watson and the boys), I will reveal my true identity to you guys and you can watch me embarrass myself, choking like a dog and shooting 85.(Hoysmokes, how's that for a run-on sentence).
I still am sort of weirded out by the fact that my mom is no longer here. But, she suffered with Alzheimers for a long time. She was not herself for a few years.
Anyway, thanks for asking. Life is looking up. I am still trying to decide if I am completely asexual, now. Libido is incredibly low. But, this can be a benefit.

D
D
If you want to laugh your tush off every day, think about getting a boxer or a weenie dog. I know weenie dogs aren't very manly (the Wookie won't even walk S'midge cos she's so teeny), but a boxer rescue might be able to hook you up with a real sweetie...and boxers are SO expressive and sweet.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
Z
Z
I like daschunds and one would be the pefect size. Boxer would be too big, although they are greaat dogs.
I was actually looking at a Chihuhau rescue site. But, they are pretty fragile.
Maybe a pug.

B
B
You do not want a chihuhau. They are hyper and will pee on the spot when excited.

Sorry about your mom.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
L
L
Z:

Sorry about your mom. Alzhiemers is tough, and then hospice. She was well cared for I hope.

About the golf? well the low libidio is becasue Tiger has sucked it all out of the golf game....

Good luck at QSchool.

LG

S
S
my aunty looks after a wire haired dachsund when it's owners go away - he is a fantbulously funny and well behaved thing and lovely colours- quite smart too. We have to stop him from sitting in the beg position though - as he has a disc prone to slipping.
Teasel like

Pleased to hear you have plenty going on. Will look out for the golf

C
C
I think you should get a Boston Terrier - they can do the army crawl.....

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
Z
Z
I'll look into the Boston. We had terriers growing up, as well as big dogs. Thye were good dogs.

S
S
Chai, that video is hysterical... rotflmao

Last year my DS tripped and fell and scraped (a tiny one) his knee...when we went inside cleaned him up, we sat down and he said "Mom can you go get me some water?" frown. Not wanting to baby him (to be like BIL, long story) I said "you are fine sweetie, you can get it."

He said "Okaaay" then got on the floor and proceeded to do the army crawl....OMG I was laughing soooo haaard that I couldnt even help him...He army crawled back with the water and said with a dead on serious face "what is so funny." think............. rotflmao

The part that really makes me laugh is the doorbell rang after and he ran out to see who it was.... rotflmao OMG, I am laughing right now thinking about it, sorry but my little guy kills me....I guess he is like my little pet dog, heh? Oh I love that kid. loveheart

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
D
D
The thing I really, REALLY love about my 'Midge is that she is SO in to whatever is going on with the family at the moment. The kids are being rowdy? Smidge is right there with everyone playing and jumping. Everyone is quiet, she's on someone's lap to keep them warm.

And she's so smart. By the time she was 9 weeks, she was already fetching for me.

They are great companions.

The only thing we have a prob is with food. Doxies are known to eat until they morph from weenie dogs to sausage dogs. But that's an easy fix.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
V
V
Hey Zelmo, I'm really sorry about your Mom. It is tough.

I lost my Dad years ago, he was early 50's and it wasn't a peaceful death, much suffering for a couple of years before that.
After about a year, I still struggled with the grieving and since there was a misdiagnosis involved in his illness, there was unresolved anger issues within me.

I finally came to a conclusion that gave me some peace, and I've now adopted this philosophy with losing others, it's this .......
the only way that I would not feel the pain of this loss, is to not have had that person in my life at all.
To not have had my Dad in my life, would be worse than the sorrow I felt.
Hopefully in time, this may be of some help.

hug

Next relationship Zelmo ..... don't settle for less than mutual care.

And finally ......

Got a catchy tune too! grin

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

Z
Z
Those aerdales look great.
As far as the grieving vs having someone in your life, that is sort of how I view the infidelity. I am glad my kids are in existence even though being with their mom was so painful.

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Zelmo
Those aerdales look great.
As far as the grieving vs having someone in your life, that is sort of how I view the infidelity. I am glad my kids are in existence even though being with their mom was so painful.
hug

S
S
Yes, my little guy looks just like WH too....but he has a big heart and is constantly makin me laugh, he is a joy...everytime I look at him I would take the pain all over again just to have him....so that is the best way to look at it Z.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
R
R
Zelmo, I just saw this thread and wanted to thank you for your kind and insightful comments. Having a child with Down syndrome brings people together. Whenever I see someone with DS I always smile because he/she looks so much like my own son.

I hope your thoughts of your mother bring happiness, rather than sadness very soon.

BW (me) - 57
XWH-54
2DSs- 16 and 17
Married 16 years
D-Day - 8/21/09
XWH moved out 10-9-09
Divorce Finalized 11-19-10
XWH moved 4 states away (on 11/22/10) to live with OW.
XWH married OW 1-15-11
Z
Z
Originally Posted by Reva
Zelmo, I just saw this thread and wanted to thank you for your kind and insightful comments. Having a child with Down syndrome brings people together. Whenever I see someone with DS I always smile because he/she looks so much like my own son.

I hope your thoughts of your mother bring happiness, rather than sadness very soon.

Thank you, Reva. I have met some of the finest people I know who have DS. I am a golf pro, in addition to practicing law, and we have a wonderful program at our course for people with developmental disabilities. We teach a lot of people with DS and, like most of the other folks, they are a joy to work with. Their enthusiasm and genuineness is so endearing.

N
N
I went online and started looking at dog rescue sites. I really want to get a dog for myself and my girls , once I move in.

Z,

You can have mine....I'll even pay for the travel expense.....She's an English Mastiff, approx. 160 lbs. and will LOVE on ya a lot.....whatdaya say????

not2fun

Z
Z
Originally Posted by not2fun

Z,

You can have mine....I'll even pay for the travel expense.....She's an English Mastiff, approx. 160 lbs. and will LOVE on ya a lot.....whatdaya say????

not2fun

Thanks, throw in a years worth of food and a saddle and you have a deal.
If I had the space, I would love such a dog, actually. Unfortunately, I am looking at 2 bedroom condos with pet size limitations.

P
P
I have met some of the finest people I know who have DS. I am a golf pro, in addition to practicing law, and we have a wonderful program at our course for people with developmental disabilities. We teach a lot of people with DS and, like most of the other folks, they are a joy to work with. Their enthusiasm and genuineness is so endearing.

When I skated, I remember one lovely young lady with DS was one of my favorites to watch. She put so much joy into her skating and it really showed. She was a very sweet kid, too.

A dog is a great idea, Zelmo. No house is complete without one, IMHO.

pk

Z
Z
Originally Posted by penaltykill
I have met some of the finest people I know who have DS. I am a golf pro, in addition to practicing law, and we have a wonderful program at our course for people with developmental disabilities. We teach a lot of people with DS and, like most of the other folks, they are a joy to work with. Their enthusiasm and genuineness is so endearing.

When I skated, I remember one lovely young lady with DS was one of my favorites to watch. She put so much joy into her skating and it really showed. She was a very sweet kid, too.

A dog is a great idea, Zelmo. No house is complete without one, IMHO.

pk

I am getting ready to buy some outfits for my dog. I like the French Maid ones, especially.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation