Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
reading Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I am in plan B and am a bit concerned that some of the exposure I did way back is being slowly revealed to WH now. That over time, more and more will come across him and say I heard this from BS.

Apparently, folks I exposed to didn't interact with WH back then and may do so in the future.

It is weird. I know exposure can be a love buster and I am bugged that little exposure bombs are being released into the atmosphere while I am dark.

I am dark but thinking about things like this.

Also, why do so many folks think exposing is an essentric, inappropriate thing to do. Is it because the listener is made to feel uncomfortable? I don't get it. For instance something like this "Your BS said this. Its weird. She really has a screw loose, you poor man you. Doesn't she get that this is a private matter and normal people don't act like she is acting?"......just an example

Ruminating here.

Last edited by reading; 02/02/10 10:59 PM.

L
L
Don't worry about it. He SHOULD be aware that people know that he is an adulterer, and it matters NOT when they heard it.

Don't worry about what people are saying to him. They could just as easily be saying, "Man, you have a beautiful wife who loves you to death! I don't know how you could screw around on her!" Or, even better...they take one look at OW and blurt out, "OMG! You left your sweet wife for THAT???"

Find somethng else to think about...preferably something fun! smile

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
S
S
Exposure is a tool to end the affair. In that I believe that it doesn't matter when WH finds out about the extent of exposure. I agree with LC, you don't know what they are saying to him. They could be putting pressure on him. They could just decide they don't want to deal with him anymore. Whatever the result, it is a good thing you are DARK because then you don't have to hear his temper tantrum about how you told so and so.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
I wouldn't sweat this at all. The benefits far outweigh any downside. What you describe is the rule, rather than the exception. It makes absolutely no difference in the outcome. Steve Harley has told clients in the past to expose after going into Plan B so the BS won't have to hear the explosion.

The reason some folks think exposing is an eccentric thing to do is because the prevailing cultural "wisdom" about adultery has been dictated by a wayward mind and folks have accepted that "wisdom" unquestionably.

Look at the loony beliefs we accept at face value, such as the notion that it will "hurt" the BS to tell them the truth? crazy It doesn't get any more retarded than that. Where do you think that idea came from? That is straight out of the wayward book of propaganda.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by reading
It is weird. I know exposure can be a love buster and I am bugged that little exposure bombs are being released into the atmosphere while I am dark.

I would view these late revelations more as a gift that keeps on giving. It is a good thing for your nuclear bomb to have some little delayed bombs that keep detonating! Better to kill the enemy!

The gift that just keeps giving! smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
p.s. keep in mind that exposure is only a lovebuster to a wayward mind and you don't want him back if he is a wayward anyway. A recovered[ing] WS does not resent exposure.

It is like taking the car keys from a falling down drunk. It might make him mad when he is drunk, but he will appreciate it when he is sober. And taking the keys away from him and cutting off his booze were instrumental in sobering him up.

Exposure 101

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,024 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation