Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
T
T
c7

Every day you get up walk down your stairs to start your day you have to walk right through the very place your world feel apart.

Very hard to put this affair in the past when living that way.

Z
Z
Haven't read the entire thread, but , unless there has been some threat, I doubt you could get an RO.

T
T
Not a lawyer. But when you send a NC letter and the OM keeps on contactig that's harrassment. RO to protect from harrasment.

Not allowed to harass people.

Z
Z
Originally Posted by TheRoad
Not a lawyer. But when you send a NC letter and the OM keeps on contactig that's harrassment. RO to protect from harrasment.

Not allowed to harass people.

IMO, most judges would tell you to buzz off with this type of deal.

T
T
I've seen it here over the years.

Z
Z
Originally Posted by TheRoad
I've seen it here over the years.

Worth a try, then. But, I bet most judges will tell you to get a life. Thye just do not care about this stuff.

C
C
I know that I have heard two things compared to the loss of someone you love by death from sources out here in the world.

1. Loss of someone by betrayal, desertion, divorce, adultry

2. Moving to a new home, community, school, job.

Both are supposed to be close to dealing with a death.

Going by that philosophy it might be very true that moving will help you guys heal. The house will be a big challange for you to deal with but not imppossible.

Keep working with counselling and both of you spending time together.

Someone said its not a sprint, its a marathon, enjoy the run.

C
OP Offline
C
Hey Road,

D-Day was 15 months ago and the last contact was 10 months ago with a brief text sent to FWW comenting on recent FB picture with both of us. My W told me told me as soon as the text came in and I commuicated directly to OM that he can have no contact with this family ever again.

I have all of FWW wife's email, FB, Phone passwords and I have not come across anything questionable since D-DAY.

C
OP Offline
C
Hey Sort,

Thanks for the encouragement.

C
C
NP

C
C
Keep us posted OK ?

C
OP Offline
C
I know it's been months but here's an update.

I made the decision to stay in the marriage and work on it. We just moved into a new house 3 weeks ago.
My FWW has not had any contact with OM since D-Day which was back in November of '08.

She has made numerous changes in trying to proect me and our marriage from this ever happening again.
I wish I could say that don't re-live the incident but I don't think ever can forget about it. But every time does come to memory or have questions I feel guilty and ashamed of even thinking the thought or not having the strentgh to forget.
I am really good at suppressing my emotions and reactions which I guess could be a huge control issue.

I
I
Originally Posted by Crusade7

I made the decision to stay in the marriage and work on it.

Thanks for that info!

We just moved into a new house 3 weeks ago.

Was this a result of our discussion of changing memories?

My FWW has not had any contact with OM since D-Day which was back in November of '08.
She has made numerous changes in trying to proect me and our marriage from this ever happening again.

She seems sincere...

I am really good at suppressing my emotions and reactions which I guess could be a huge control issue.

You need to talk about it: If not to a friend, then speak here.

Last edited by imagine; 07/19/10 12:20 PM.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
L
L
Originally Posted by Crusade7

I wish I could say that don't re-live the incident but I don't think ever can forget about it. But every time does come to memory or have questions I feel guilty and ashamed of even thinking the thought or not having the strentgh to forget.

C7:

I am almost 5 years into my Dday. The day that my BW finanlly learned the truth about me.

Your no stronger or weaker than others. The "strong silent" type was whacked for a number of reasons. We all have our thoughts that we have to deal with.

However, you are doing the right things. She has changed her behaviors to protect you, and you have moved from that house. These triggers will fade. The most vivid ones will take longer, and be very difficult to fade. But having a Wife who is protecting YOU and making you feel safe will go a long way.

LG

C
OP Offline
C
Imagine,

Yes, the moving out was result of the discussion here. We still have the old house on the market but I am beleiving that the move had to be made for my sanity in this marriage.

LG,

Thanks for that encouragement.

Trying to battle the jealousy, insecurities, self worth internally is so emotionally draining.
How do I buid the confidence again? How do I stop comparing my self? How do I stop feeling like I am entitled?

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 82 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation