Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
F
Correct.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
P
P
Originally Posted by BetrayedInLA
Today, WW sent ME an e-mail asking me for my new address.

Ignore.

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Today, WW sent ME an e-mail asking me for my new address.

Ignore.

Ignored and deleted!

Here's a funny tidbit - WW has a few e-mail addresses. 99% of our e-mail correspondence for the last five years has been via her primary, old & established e-mail address, which goes straight to her CrackBerry. We RARELY e-mailed via her �Mrs. X� e-mail addy she created when we married. And when I say �rarely�, I mean we e-mailed via that address less than ten times vs. nearly DAILY e-mails on her primary address.

SO, from which e-mail addy does she choose to send her request? Does she choose the one that is at her fingertips 24/7? NO! She chose her Mrs. X address. In some ways it pisses me off that this person says she does not want to be married, but is using the only e-mail address she has that has her married name applied to it AND her married name IS the e-mail address @yahoo � all of other addresses use her maiden name, business name or stage name. I know her choice to use that account was deliberate! I could just about spit nails right now!!

BS (me): 40
WW: just turned 33 (ACA, possibly Bipolar II)
Together: 6.5 yrs
M: 4.5 yrs
D-day 1: 4/28/09 - Revealed ONS
D-day 2: 5/30/09 - Revealed addl ONS and 2 A - one active (there are/were four OM)
Suspected A 1/09 and started Plan A
False recovery: 12/4/09 - 12/10/09
Moved her out and switched to Plan B 12/15/09
WW met Plan B requirements 2/10/10 - recovery has not begun
Thankfully, no children are being harmed by WW's selfishness!
T
T
Can't top ignore and delete advice. Then BAM! block her email address.

No more emails to ignore and delete. Does the sender find out that they have been blocked?

Last edited by TheRoad; 01/28/10 02:49 PM.
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by TheRoad
Does the sender find out that they have been blocked?

I just tested it by blocking my personal e-mail address@yahoo from receiving e-mail from my work e-mail address. There has been no notification to my work e-mail that the messages were blocked.

D-day 2: 5/30/09 - Revealed addl ONS and 2 A - one active (there are/were four OM)
Z
Z
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
Originally Posted by catperson
{{{betrayed}}}

I think you'll be amazed at all the wonderful women out there just dying to find someone as good as you. Who'll make you feel as cherished as you deserve.
I was amazed the other day that after a meeting a woman who has been coming for about 18 months and with whom I've never spoken before came up to me after and told me how good I was looking.

redflag redflag

Don't get me wrong -- I was flattered by the comment and the attention. I was very emotional about my sitch a few weeks ago in this meeting. But I'm still married and I'm not in any way, shape or form ready to start anything with anybody.

But I have to admit that cat's observation seems to be right on target. Perhaps in a few months...

Did she let you pet her guide dog, Fred? Just kidding. You are studdly to the max.

Last edited by Zelmo; 01/28/10 07:05 PM.
T
T
Originally Posted by Zelmo
Did she let you pet her guide dog, Fred? Just kidding. You are studdly to the max.

OK, Z, that was really funny.........

TB

F
F
I thought the "studdly" comment was funnier than the guide dog crack!

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
B
OP Offline
B
She sent another e-mail today. The new e-mail is wrapped in the guise that she needs me to change her Doctor in my insurance. She IS on my insurance, but she got a job a couple of months ago with her OWN insurance - perhaps she hasn't started it yet or it's not active. I don't know.

She reiterated her request for my address saying that she needs it to send divorce papers. Our state does not let you "send" papers - the papers have to be served. She can send them to my office as that address has not changed.

Personally, I feel she's reaching FAR for reasons to contact me. I'm tempted to send what appears to be an official "auto-generated" reply that says "your message was undeliverable".

As always, I welcome your input.

P
P
hmmmmmm think

I can only think of something VERY non-MB.

In your tag line you wrote

(there are/were four OM)

If you know where any of these dudes are living, give her his (their) address.

me bad, I know, I know.

Last edited by Pepperband; 01/29/10 08:25 PM.
B
OP Offline
B
hmmmmmm think

I can only think of something VERY non-MB.

In your tag line you wrote

(there are/were four OM)

If you know where any of these dudes are living, give her his (their) address.

I do have one OM's address... but she knows I have it...

P
P
I was joking (sorta). grin

Give her the DMV address.

B
OP Offline
B
I was joking (sorta). grin

Give her the DMV address.

I know. smile I'm just... angry/heartbroken/stressed/pissed/irritated/frazzled/exhausted et al. I'm moving this weekend - starting tonight. And she hit me with that JUST as I was leaving work and AGAIN, she chose her MARRIED e-mail account.

Plan B has been tough enough and I felt like I was making progress. Now that she's reached out twice in three days, I have lost some of my confidence that I was making progress.

S
S
LA.

I think your doing a great job..... I believe your are making great progress !!!

The fact that she wants your new address I think shows she wants to know where you are...... it gives her some security .....

She my have left home but she wants to know where home is !!!

Your in uncharted territory me .....I gave my WW my plan B letter after a long plan-A and she caved....

You have a sound plan .....it's one that she forced you to make.... she knows what it takes to change that......

Be confident that you have done everything possible to save your marriage

Stay the course

Me BS 54
XWW 51 Divorce final 1/9/12
DS26 DS24 Twin DD's22 Married 29years
D-dates No1 01/2007, No2 08/2008(ongoing)
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by stillcommitted
Stay the course

smile Thank you. I forwarded her e-mail to my IM. I told him to expect to hear from her, but to NOT reply to or acknowledge any communication that varied from how it was outlined in the Plan B letter.

I decided to ignore her second e-mail. Now to move!

P
P
smile Thank you. I forwarded her e-mail to my IM. I told him to expect to hear from her, but to NOT reply to or acknowledge any communication that varied from how it was outlined in the Plan B letter.

I decided to ignore her second e-mail. Now to move!
hurray

Yeah, YOU !

Silence can be a painful consequence to a WW.

B
OP Offline
B
Ok everyone, I was drawn from the dark today. WW called my IM who foolishly said �just call him at work�. banghead ARGH! In a very calm tone, WW left a message asking me to quit ignoring her because she �just wants to hurry up and get everything done and over with since I obviously don�t have any interest in her any longer.� The tone in her message was one of defeat�

I called the IM confirming that he�d given her the message. He also said she was digging for info � �how is he?� �what�s he doing?� �where�s he living?� Heh-heh-heh.

I then called her back and we talked very calmly for an hour. She said OM had dumped her � he didn�t like being exposed. I explained to her that I�d called back to help her understand I distanced myself to protect myself and TRY to save the marriage, and not because I �don�t have any interest in her�. I made her repeat that to me at two different points during the conversation. She�s extremely perplexed/intrigued and wanting to talk about our future. We had to cut the discussion short, but she said she would call tonight.

She misplaced the Plan B letter during her move, so she said she couldn�t refer to it. UGH!

I�m finding myself in an interesting situation because I have a new roommate, a new apartment and I�m no longer insanely fighting to hold the marriage together. Oddly, because I exhausted all of my emotional energy, I find myself in a better state of mind to deal with the immensity of the problem using reason, warmth and compassion instead of desperation. I can safely say the lack of contact did me a whole world of good. Who knew?!? Amazingly, my indifference to the situation seems to be helping both of us through it.

S
S
Betrayed
I think you are doing a great job--you are putting yourself first and looking out for YOUR protection.

Frankly, I'm not sure why you would even WANT to save this marriage. Your WW is crawling to you because her OM dumped her. What happens when the next OM comes along?

If you could get past this situation with WW, you would be so much better off in the long run. You would be saving yourself from a lifetime of greif from this obviously mentally ill woman. She needs more than marriage or OM to help her. She needs to get her mental illness under control.
You are doing a great job. I hope that you REMINDED her that she is to NOT contact you--just your IM and reminded your IM that this is what he is supposed to be doing--being an IM and not telling the WW to contact you?

You are setting yourself free IMO.
Keep up the good work.

S
S
And, Betrayed--there are millions of worthy, non mentally ill women in the world...

I hope that you told her to NOT call...she is reeling you back in. Almost sounds like a psychopath to me.

B
OP Offline
B
Thanks StillDawn.

She did not call - she texted that she was working late. May be true, may not be - the beauty of being indifferent is that I don't care.

I agree with you that she needs to get treatment. I also agree she is trying to reel me back in. To her detriment, I have met SO MANY amazing women in the last few weeks that my head is spinning with the possibilities. I made it clear to her that she has to take care of herself before I will be drawn back into her situation. She does not understand what that means and is seeking my clarification.

I am in a really good place to let her go. The hard work is all up to her, now. She can try to pull me back in, but I'm sitting on the sidelines for the foreseeable future.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 986 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation