Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 63 of 199 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 198 199
S
OP Offline
S
This is what I have planned if I do it in person.

The boys will wait until WH calls them to tell them he is here. They will go on the porch. I will follow them. They will open the door when he gets there. I will hand him the "package" say my words and walk back in to the house and lock the door.

If he talks to or emails the IMs about wanting to exchange the computer, than I will probably not do the olive branch in person. The plan for that is that I would let the kids on the porch and then I would lock the door and then they would unlock the other door. I will leave the "package" on DS7's car seat. He can do with it what he will.

The only thing I don't like about the not in person plan is that I will not know that he received the message. If I say the "line" then I will know that message was received. I will talk to you guys some more and my friends and see what I decide. I am going to watch Lost now. I will check in tomorrow.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
Originally Posted by Scotland
...You know what, just stating that I will not be doing it in person has made me not feel as anxious. That's it my mind is following my body. ...

Hats off to being a stellar responder and knowing yourself Scotty. seems to be a strong suit in you. If WH ever gets out of the fog he has a strong home to come to in you. Keep up the good work.

S
S
Perhaps you can dress up really nicely, makeup, heels, get the boys bundled up, and wait in the car. Have the house door locked. So when he picks up the boys you let the boys out of the car and can hand him the package through the car window, or hand it to the boys to give to him...then TAKE OFF! You will not be tempted to continue anything, you will not wait around, not be there for the question about the package or the computer.

OK, so you drive around, maybe stop for coffee. You've made it look like you have places to go, like you are living life without him...he is getting left behind...and you are not there to hear a phone ring or a door knock...

He gets in his car and thinks...hmmm, I wonder where Scotty was going? You don't think she had a date do you? As he's pondering this the OW is starting conversation but he is short with her...

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
W
W
Just a thought here Scot...

If You were concerned about him taking the computer, you could always hide it in the kitchen cabinets or at the neighbor's house.

If you didn't want to do that and were either going to give it to him or that he might take it, You might want to consider erasing any information especially your browsing history, etc and if you have any saved passwords to your email accounts, etc. You can google around how to clear all that information in firefox, internet explorer and whatever email you have. There are some good freeware programs as well: www.ccleaner.com/ is one

Then if he indeed does give you a computer, I would be suspect that it has some type of keylogger or other software on it that he can use to see what you are doing and perhaps get passwords, etc.

Just be careful with whatever you decide to do.

L
L
ITA with walkermark. I still stand by what I said about not letting him have a danged thing out of the house.

Still, the only problem with your scenario is that Scotty doesn't have a car. Her WH has their only vehicle.

Last edited by Lady_Clueless; 02/17/10 03:01 PM.

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
N
N
Ok, so the picture of Scotty glowing out of the house looking and smelling awesome, handing the package to WS, then striding majestically down the street......lacks something. Though you can't say it doesn't have a certain panache, lol!

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
It lacks a car.. she doesn't have one.. lol.

N
N
Kinda like the Lone Ranger walking off into the sunset, sans Silver.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
OP Offline
S
Exactly, that's why it was going to be a say my line, give him the package and go back in to the house. I think he is going to be a little surprised that I am even talking to him so he won't realize I have walked back in to the house.

In case he does manage to get his way in to the house this weekend, the computer tower will be MIA. It will be visiting a friend's house. I don't like the idea of it being in the house at all, because I think he will go to any extent to find it.

I was thinking that my PLAN should be back ON. OKAY I am NOT crazy. I am going a little back and forth with this a bit. I am anxious because I am nervous. It is a good nervous though. It's like the nerves before you do a play. That's kind of what I am thinking about it like.

Why I think that my plan should be back on is because I was thinking about the fact that I have been telling people on here to go through with their Plan no matter what their WS was doing. That they should work their plan to the best and not just as a reaction to what their WS may or may not do. I decided to take my own advice because I am one smart cookie.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
Originally Posted by Scotland
I am one smart cookie.
dance2

M
M
Ok, so the picture of Scotty glowing out of the house looking and smelling awesome, handing the package to WS, then striding majestically down the street......lacks something.

Been following along......like a romance/drama/thriller novel with all of you writing the lines in the scenes........

Is it possible that Scotty could have someone there waiting to pick her up? Maybe even waiting in the car on her, instead of in the house with her. That way, she can be all dressed up and have somewhere to go. It would also give her the option of saying or not saying something to him if she doesn't want to talk to him at the last minute.

Husband was unfaithful to me before and after our marriage, at least 7 times. I found out 13 yrs into the marriage. Trickle truth for an entire year. Several different d-days, so it was more like a d-year. Difficult recovery.

N
N
I thought of that, but leaving with someone else, even if it's a girl, will still leave too many questions in his mind that might detract from the message he's getting. There will probably be a time for that down the road a little, but not quite yet, I think.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
M
M
I see your point Neak, but I don't think he'd be distracted with those thoughts too long. I believe he'd go right back to hearing in his head what she said to him before she left. Or, she doesn't say anything and hands him the package and leaves.

Actually, I'm not keen on the idea of her just going back in the house. I want him to vision her "living her life" and not just staying at home waiting on him. And I don't mean moving on with another man in the car. The message she givess him will let him know that he still has a chance. But by her having places to go, he might get the idea that she won't be waiting on him forever.

Husband was unfaithful to me before and after our marriage, at least 7 times. I found out 13 yrs into the marriage. Trickle truth for an entire year. Several different d-days, so it was more like a d-year. Difficult recovery.

C
C
Originally Posted by Neak
I thought of that, but leaving with someone else, even if it's a girl, will still leave too many questions in his mind that might detract from the message he's getting. There will probably be a time for that down the road a little, but not quite yet, I think.

If she belongs to a church she could be going to bible study and he could know it thru the kids. Also maybe a free class somewhere.
It doesn't have to be some kind of date or going out for drinks. It could just be going out of the house so he knows his angel is not waiting to have a life even though she is waiting for him. Well for now anyways

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
M
M
I think he is going to be a little surprised that I am even talking to him so he won't realize I have walked back in to the house.

I agree. Even if he intends to try to confront you about the computer, you will catch him so much by surprise that you can do your thing and get out of there before he realizes what's happened.

Let him be stunned by your behavior and your appearance at the same time. Double whammy.

BAM! BAM! WH----> crazy

M
M
Also, I think Scotty going back inside the house sends the right message right now. SHE IS HIS HOME.

The moving on message can be sent later.

B
B
She is the beacon of a lighthouse. "She is his home." good quote, MM

Last edited by barbiecat; 02/18/10 03:02 PM.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
S
OP Offline
S
Well, so you guys can all stop arguing over it, he knows where I am going when he comes and gets the kids, I GO TO WORK. I work retail and I work every Sunday and every other Saturday. That's why he comes and gets the kids those days. He has other days he could come and have the kids for a visit but he doesn't. I am reliable, I don't look at it as a bad thing, it just is. I don't think that he thinks I am just sitting around waiting for hijm, but he knows I am not out dating. The only time I am away from my kids is when they are at school, or I am at work. That's why I have the idea that some other time, I will have someone else here at 630 when he drops them off. Then he will start to think. For right now, I still want to be the person I am and send the message I intend on sending.

Funny little WH mind. He didn't change his address on anything. He changed to paperless statements for his credit card and then he changed hi password for online access. But today, what came in the mail? His new credit card. HAHAHAHAHA. I joked with the boys that we could go on a shopping spree. HAHAHAHAHA DS9 wanted to go for it. It was a funny thought. One that went away quickly. Just shows that he is still not changing his address on anything. That is silly silly wayward stuff.

Well, I am really trying to gather the strength to do this face to face. I will do it. I am just nervous about it.

The computer won't be here until Sunday after 9pm so the kids won't have to lie about where the computer is/was. I will have to make it without you guys, and you will have to make it without me. I know it will be hard but YOU will be okay(HAHAHAHA sorry I am silly sometimes, but that is why I am so loved IRL).

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
We will be ok scotty ...I hope....Lol

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
C
C
Ok shes gone. We can start talking about her now...

Page 63 of 199 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,024 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation