Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2328919 02/25/10 02:19 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Is anyone but me having problems with the site. It seems that after a type maybe 10 lines or so the dialogue box starts jumping back to an earlier point and that makes the typing impossible to see.

It worked fine until about a week ago and now it does not.

Anyone have a clue how to fix it?

Thanks,

JL

T
T
Had this problem before. Could never fix it. Always seem to happen before a site crash here.

Noticed it Wednesday.

Last edited by TheRoad; 02/25/10 06:06 AM.
T
T
Good grief, JL. I saw the title of this post and my heart sank to my stomach where it did some double back flips. faint

You insensitive jerk! grin

R
R
This has been reported to our board owners and hopefully will be fixed soon..

Revera01@aol.com
_
_
JL

The dialogue box is 11 lines, which I guess you could say is about 10 lines. smile

From what I have been able to see, there is no communication between the web page and the web site while you type, access emoticons, etc. Perhaps there is a background update that I don't see, but looking at my router while I am typing, I see no packets exchanged.

This means you are using a sorta mini note pad built into the UBB code as downloaded to your computer and located solely on your computer.

As I type down to the 11 lines mark, there is still no packet exchange, which indicates that while you are typing, the entire process is on your computer until, of course, you submit. This would mean the problem is on your computer.

It is certainly possible that there is an accumulation of error factors associated with time or usage that would make the UBB program unstable as loaded on your computer and everyone else's during login.

So in that case, you and theroad are canaries in the mine and Steve needs to watch what is going on and be ready. Perhaps there is a periodic reboot on the server that is due.

Larry

_
_
Originally Posted by turtlehead
Good grief, JL. I saw the title of this post and my heart sank to my stomach where it did some double back flips. faint

You insensitive jerk! grin

Me too turtlehead . . .

I am curious. I use Vista. Wonder what theroad and JL are using for an operating system. I haven't noticed the problem here.

Larry

T
T
Originally Posted by _Larry_
I am curious. I use Vista. Wonder what theroad and JL are using for an operating system. I haven't noticed the problem here.

Good question. I use Firefox 3.5.7 on Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic). No problems here either.

T
T
"This means you are using a sorta mini note pad built into the UBB code as downloaded to your computer and located solely on your computer."

What you talkin about Willis?

IntExplorer

M
M
Originally Posted by Revera
This has been reported to our board owners and hopefully will be fixed soon..

That's good to hear - I thought it was my new laptop taking a dive! I haven't had the problem on my workstation computer.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

R
R
This is probably not the answer, but if you are using a laptop (maybe a new one), many of them have the touchpad very close to the keyboard and very sensitive. I have seen many times when people are typing, there palm accidently hits the touchpad (especially when typing lower middle keys). When you do this, the cursor jumps back to where it was last before you started typing. Some people just do this because of their typing "technique" so it can seem like they aren't doing it at all.

That probably isn't it, but I've seen some people at work have this problem when they get a new laptop, so I thought I'd throw it out there.

(I have also seen a very few instances of the same thing happening with a faulty mouse).

Me 43 BH
MT 43 WW
Married 20 years, No Kids, 2 Difficult Cats
D-day July, 2005
4.5 False Recoveries
Me - recovered
The M - recovered
R
R
Problem seems with IE. I use IE & FireFox. On the same machine I have problem with IE but work fine on FireFox.

The bug most likely is on the uBB scripts that is not compatible on IE.

Give your absolute best such that you could look back 10 years from now w/ no regret.

Happily Married to Lady Elina - 04/29/06
M
M
Originally Posted by rprynne
This is probably not the answer, but if you are using a laptop (maybe a new one), many of them have the touchpad very close to the keyboard and very sensitive. I have seen many times when people are typing, there palm accidently hits the touchpad (especially when typing lower middle keys). When you do this, the cursor jumps back to where it was last before you started typing. Some people just do this because of their typing "technique" so it can seem like they aren't doing it at all.

That probably isn't it, but I've seen some people at work have this problem when they get a new laptop, so I thought I'd throw it out there.

(I have also seen a very few instances of the same thing happening with a faulty mouse).

I thought maybe I was being a little heavy-handed, so I closed out and went back in, typing more carefully. It still did it. I'm using IE on both of my computers, so I don't know if that is the issue. Hm...keyboard gremlins, maybe? smile

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

R
R
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
I thought maybe I was being a little heavy-handed, so I closed out and went back in, typing more carefully. It still did it. I'm using IE on both of my computers, so I don't know if that is the issue. Hm...keyboard gremlins, maybe? smile

Install FireFox (I gave up on IE). Most likely the last update on IE broke it ... the gremlins is from Microsoft rant2 ...

Give your absolute best such that you could look back 10 years from now w/ no regret.

Happily Married to Lady Elina - 04/29/06
_
_
Originally Posted by redhat
Originally Posted by maritalbliss

Install FireFox (I gave up on IE). Most likely the last update on IE broke it ... the gremlins is from Microsoft rant2 ...

Good point redhat, and one I didn't think of. Yes, it could be that the latest update on IE is NOT compatible in some way with current UBB code. I use Firefox for MB and have had no problems.

Larry

O
O
I'm having the same problem and I'm having it on various computers using different browsers (Mac using Firefox or Safari, PC using Vista, Chrome, Firefox or IE). I've had this problem before but then it got fixed. So I think it's the site.

P
P
I was typing a post and the page disappeared.
mad

J
OP Offline
J
Thanks all,

Sorry to scare anyone. I use IE mainly because my computer guys claim that it has more security holes fixed than Firefox. I have both. It could be the ubb script and perhaps it has a more limited buffer than before. But, this change just occurred about a week ago and I have not upgraded my IE.

I also use XP.

As for the issues with laptops. I always get one where the touch pad can be disabled. It turns out that many touch pads are sensitive to heat so you don't actually have to touch them to get them to cause the cursor to jump. Due the size of hands and that I am warm natured. I have found it easier to just turn the pad off and use a bluetooth mouse, unless I am just broozing or calling up data.

I guess I am happy that others are seeing this problem as well, but disappointed that it seems to have come back.

I should note that my display also changed in the last week. It seems that for awhile the display centered the thread in the middle of the display, not it is left justified again. So something changed with the software.

JL

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 418 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation