Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
OP Offline
Y
My h told me last night that he does not love me and he does not know where that love went, but that he is messed up in the head. He is with a new counselor but he said it is very unlikely that we will get back together. My emotional behavior is so out of hand that he can't handle being around me for fear of my getting upset so.....given this revelation, I feel it is time for ME to make a decision and file. Every step I have made towards independence in this situation has made me stronger. I think if I go ahead and do this I won't feel so helpless and hopeless and I will also give up my feeling of a "right" to express my feelings to my "husband". He has not been a husband for at least 6 months. I feel this is long enough, but mostly want the strength to stop groveling. I loved him the way he was before he changed but now he is very cold and it is really obvious to me that he does not want to be burdened with any emotional responsibility for me. Do any of you feel that this can cure me of the pain?

N
NSR Offline
N
You have to decide what <B>you</B> want...<P>If you decide to file for divorce...<BR>It will make <B>everything</B> harder than ever to rebuild your relationship with you H.<P>I haven't seen any of your posts (I think) but I read your profile...<P>How about giving it some time?<BR>How about joint counselling... ala Harley?<P>Think of <B>all</B> that you could <I>lose</I> if the divorce goes through...<BR>Think of <B>all</B> that you could <I>gain</I> if it doesn't...<P>My W filed in April(99)... I <I>had</I> to counter-file in June(99) since I had the issue of custody of our three kids... I don't regret filing since it did protect my kids from OM... but <B>now</B> I am doing eveything possible to slow it down... and if I'm able, to stop it!<P>Consider slowing down before you start losing more money to attorneys than you ever dreamed possible.<P>If you haven't gotten the Harley books yet,do so... especially "Surviving an Affair". Get your H a copy too!<P>I'll be praying for you...<BR>whatever decision you come up with.<P>Jim<P>-----------<P>I can dare myself... I'll put a pebble in my shoe...<BR>I can walk... I can walk! I shall call the pebble Dare...<BR>Dare shall be carried... And when we both have had enough<BR>I will take him from my shoe, singing... "Meet your new road!"...<BR>Finally glad... Finally glad... That you are here... By my side...<P>

C
cl Offline
C
Hello ceverson, while filing for divorce may seem it will help you, please think it over carefully. It is hard to undo, but some have! <BR>Your husband sounds very lost, but you have control over your own feelings, emotions, and reactions to this!! Believe it or not, we do have control. You have said more than once that you lose it with him, and verbally attack. No one wins in this situation, everyone continues to be bruised and beat down. <BR>I know you are hurting so deeply right now that it is hard to see there is any other way to respond, but there is. You are making yourself ill with all the anger and hate. Okay, so he is saying things that do not help, but so are you! How can he express himself if you become angry or hysterical when he does? In my humble opinion, you need to calm down, get a grip on the reponses to your h. Things will continue to deteriorate and any loving feelings the two of you once shared will be buried in hate and pain.<BR>YOu ahve read harley's info here, so you know what you need to do!!<BR>Be strong my friend and follow the plan. No one said it would be easy. Hardest thing I have done in my entire life, but worth it. My h and I are together, but even if we were not, following the harley's advice was still the answer. <BR>Look at yourself and help yourself to grow during this. You said your h is in counseling, but are you? Is there a couples counselor in your area to help you both? Can you counsel with harley via the phone? <BR>You asked if divorce could cure you of the pain? I wondered the same at some times. For me the answer was no, it could not cure the pain. The only thing that helped my pain was to understand myself better, to give my h the love I always had given him, and to take a good hard look at what I truly wanted in life. My h had nothing to do with this part of recovering from the devastation-it was inside of me the whole time. I just did not see it or feel it. I did not have the tools to help myself.<BR>I read a lot, spent many hours exercising, meditating, looking for help! Especially help from the kind and knowing souls here. Someone introduced me to god again, and that has been wonderful. I did not have very effective counseling and should have stopped sooner, but since i was in search mode, I continued. My counselors made for some lively discussions here on the forum! <BR>I don't think that filing for divorce will help your pain. I think that you need to look at yourself and find your own path. I can understand wanting to be pro-active, but maybe you are trying to channel that into the wrong place? Use the energy to help yourself heal, and then see where your h is. If the two of you can work it out, then great!! If not, you will know that you tried so hard, and you will see that you have grown so much. (((hugs))) cl

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 870 guests, and 82 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation