Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
M
M
Originally Posted by Mark1952
It lets you get YOUR way at the same time your spouse gets his or her way and so love is built instead of being destroyed.

BINGO! Mark put this much better than me.

And I will have you know I look very fetching in my sweat suit!! sigh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
POJA is NOT about getting your way or not getting your way. POJA is about you BOTH getting what makes you BOTH happy and so makes LB$ deposits into BOTH LB$s and avoids making withdrawals from EITHER LB$.

When enthusiastic agreement is reached you BOTH get your way.

Well, answer me this. It is a HUGE LOVEBUSTER to me to be groped. It drains my LB quicker than anything. My H says it is a "lovebuster" for him NOT to do it. He is not happy that he can't grope. What is your solution?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
He is not happy that he can't grope. What is your solution?

Find a way that he can touch you that you are both enthusiastic about?

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
_
_

I find all of this fascinating. Others do as well. The read count for this thread has gone through the roof.

Never mind the t/j aspects. I am positive El Camino will not mind, or at least he shouldn't.

Well, answer me this. It is a HUGE LOVEBUSTER to me to be groped. It drains my LB quicker than anything. My H says it is a "lovebuster" for him NOT to do it. He is not happy that he can't grope. What is your solution?

I really, really want to know the answer to that one.

Shut up Larry

M
M
shaddup, Larry!!! grin

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
POJA is NOT about getting your way or not getting your way. POJA is about you BOTH getting what makes you BOTH happy and so makes LB$ deposits into BOTH LB$s and avoids making withdrawals from EITHER LB$.

When enthusiastic agreement is reached you BOTH get your way.

It's called Gaslighting...

Or maybe bovine excrement.

While it might make deposits into your account in his Love Bank when he gropes you, it doesn't withdraw love units when he doesn't. He can't do it while you're at work or while he is asleep and he isn't suffering then, is he? Therefor, I would suggest that it isn't a love buster for him not to do it.

Though maybe it is one of his top emotional needs.

Hmmm...

From a pure POJA perspective, he should do no groping until you are enthusiastic about how he gropes you.

Might take several attempts to find the right way, though, so I'd do lots of experimenting if I were him.

Does this have anything to do with why you wear sweatsuits, BTW?

Shaddup Mark...

M
M
While it might make deposits into your account in his Love Bank when he gropes you, it doesn't withdraw love units when he doesn't. He can't do it while you're at work or while he is asleep and he isn't suffering then, is he? Therefor, I would suggest that it isn't a love buster for him not to do it.

Agree 100%! He did try that on me in a joking way. But he also stopped groping when i explained to him that it was causing me to AVOID HIM. That got his attention!

Thanks for weighing in on that. smile

Exposure 101

_
_

Being that I am constitutionally unable to sometimes take my own advice, I gotta ask for help instead of, er, shaddup Larry.

Something just happened with a hat tip to Poe's best book. . . I may need help later on tonight. And on that cryptic note, I will, indeed, shut up.

Shutting up Larry

M
M
Mel you didn't answer my question...

Shaddup Mark[Linked Image from cool-smileys.com]

M
M
Mel you didn't answer my question...

Shaddup Mark[Linked Image from cool-smileys.com]

oh no! I just think they look really cute and are very comfortable. For some reason, he hates them.

Exposure 101

P
P
How are things today, EL C?

E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by Pepperband
How are things today, EL C?
Hi Pep,

Thanks for checking up on me.

I closed the sale of the company yesterday yet there was no champagne.

On one side I feel relieved that I'm getting closer to completely cut ties with OM. On the other, I feel a terrible sense of a broken dream. I am grieving the loss of the product of so much sacrifice. As an entrepreneur, I've had envisioned the sale of my company as a happy cashing out event but a grave betrayal left me with a check of tainted money, deeply sad and lonely. Today I am in a emotional place that looks similar to D-Day. It's that familiar pain - yes, physical pain - inside the belly that feels like I just got hit with a bat in the gut and the knot in the throat.

After we were done with the signing, I get congratulations and one of the lawyers says "OK guys shake hands" referring to me and OM. I just said that I'd rather not. So the lawyer insists to me saying "c'mon be a gentleman". I had to refuse again and there I was in a room full of lawyers and bankers looking at me like I am an as$-hole. That was like sitting in a court room with the man that raped your daughter and after the violator gets off-the-hook for a legal technicality the judge asks you to shake hands.

Right now, I am just too hurt to even feel angry about this. Just looking forward to better times

--ElCamino72

H
H
I commend you for not shaking hands. It took courage to not give in to the others. I'm sorry about your "broken dream." You will survive. You ARE surviving! Here's to better times, as well.

T
T
I wouldn't shake his hands. You were right not to.

T
T
What are you going to do for work. Can you start a new company again doing what you did your own?

E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by TheRoad
What are you going to do for work. Can you start a new company again doing what you did your own?

Hi TR,

I have to be a consultant for the company for the next six months. This was a requirement from the buyers to avoid disruption and for transition purposes. So I still have to deal with OM for quite a while. I still don't know how that one is going to play out. I was asked to vacate my office and move to a common area.

OM and I con-founded this company from scratch 10 years ago. It now has over 70 employees and there's a good group that I regard as family. Most of the company employees were caught by surprise with my exit. So now I am getting a lot of questions from them that for legal purposes I have to be careful in how I answer. Hopefully I can stay out of the office as much as possible.

No, I can't start a new company in this territory. There's a no-compete clause in the sale agreement. I can't be hired or do certain type of work for previous customers for a period of 4 years.

The negotiation of this sale was as ugly as it can get. My primary goal was to get out of the situation as soon as possible so I had to give up a lot for that.

--ElCamino72

_
_

EC:

Somehow it all sounds so machiavellian. You were betrayed by the ones you trusted the most. I have walked in your shoes. I hope that you will protect yourself and family from any future assaults that may be lingering in the wings. Your "best friend" was not your best friend and your wife was . . . gullible?

Money and success changes some people. A partner convinces themselves that they really did it all. So they want it all.

Just saying.

Larry

P
P
Originally Posted by _Larry_
Money and success changes some people.

You said a mouthful. This time, don't shut up Larry (just this once grin )

P
P
faint

Last edited by Pepperband; 03/13/10 12:54 PM. Reason: La La La *fingers in ears*
_
_
t/j

Originally Posted by Pepperband
Originally Posted by _Larry_
Money and success changes some people.

You said a mouthful. This time, don't shut up Larry (just this once grin )

It is my lot in life to amuse the easily, uh, amused.

Larry, a Texas legend in his own mind.

Last edited by _Larry_; 03/15/10 01:21 PM.
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 783 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation