Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 42 of 76 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 75 76
H
OP Offline
H
D!ck gets to play "Dad" for two days. He's taking DD to check out a college several states away. He booked tickets, rental car and hotel for the two of them. He's been promising DD this trip for many months now, so finally he's ready to deliver.

But it hasn't been easy on us. DD has had several phone conversations with D!ck -- and the crap he said to her. He's full of so much anger and hate towards everyone -- especially me. But DD stands firm -- says she doesn't want to hear all that -- just wants to discuss their trip. And in the end, she got her way, and they are headed out tomorrow.

And as a precaution -- I told DD that if Bimbo shows up "accidentally" to join their trip, she needs to walk away and cancel. I told her that I'd take her then. And to keep a confrontation from happening at the airport -- FIL and MIL will be taking her and staying until she leaves.

Interesting how D!ck didn't even offer to swing by and pick up DD. My guess is that Bimbo is insisting on taking him to the airport so she can see for herself that I'm not going. I know fully well how jealous Bimbo is. She's kept a tight hold on him for so long, she's not letting up her grip.

And today, I text D!ck. "Thanks for taking DD tomorrow. She's really excited about the trip."

I hate that this situation is so bad between all of us. I hope that D!ck focuses just on DD during the trip and he realizes what a great life he gave up.

H
H
HH, I do hope that DD gets something out of this trip besides his venom. Have they completely forgotten about the kids and their needs.

I get it about the waywardness, I get it that it is an addiction but to forget your children and have them move down so far in importance I will never figure out.

At least we are blessed that our kids are not exposed to the OP. We need to be grateful for that. Hugs.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
C
C
(((HH)))

You have gotten so much cr@p but continue to deal with it and keep your head on straight. I am proud of you for not letting this vile human being beat you down.

One day, he will be a broken shell of a human and you will still be the strong and confident person that you are (and even better!!)

HH, you just keep on keeping on and you will have nothing to regret or worry about. I admire you.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks for the encouragement. DD text that they made it to their destination (Chrisner territory?). She was so excited about going -- we stayed up late packing since snow is expected during their trip, and we were trying to squeeze as many layers as we could in a little carry-on suitcase. Can you believe that the airlines are now charging for luggage??

MIL and FIL are the best of the best. They drove DD to the airport, walked in with her, and waited until she and D!ck walked through the security point before leaving. MIL said she kept scanning the lobby making sure Bimbo wasn't hiding behind a planter ready to pounce when they left. And FIL says D!ck looks awful -- heavier than ever, wearing a baggy t-shirt, and sporting a grey beard.

And as for the venom -- none has been directed at DD. She's the only one who has a line of communication to D!ck. The two of them used to travel together when DD played club volleyball and had weekend tournaments out of town. I stayed home with the other two children, and D!ck and DD had fun at the games. Perhaps these memories will come back to him tenfold. But I'm not holding my breath!

This weekend is between DD and her Dad. I'm happy for DD. And I pray that Bimbo is so jealous that her true colors come out.

As for me -- I've got a busy weekend planned. And Saturday night? D!ck will be envious if he were to find out.

C
C
I just hope Bimbo isn't already there waiting. (((shudder))

Last edited by ChaiLover; 03/26/10 05:02 PM.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

C
C
(Chrisner territory?).

skeptical

Now really. Imagine the fun if I would have shown up at a bar and pulled up a stool next to D!ck?

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
J
J
Imagine the fun if I would have shown up at a bar and pulled up a stool next to D!ck?

I'd pay to see that! laugh

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

H
OP Offline
H
Chrisner -- are you in the mile high state? Love for you to "meet" D!ck!

Seems D!ck and Bimbo were fighting on the phone last night, and DD was sitting right there. It really bothered her. She said Bimbo was jealous that he had taken her on the trip. And D!ck spent some time reassuring Bimbo -- even saying to "text that" so DD wouldn't overhear. She said she was disgusted by the converstation.

Considering the sexting between the two -- YUCK.

DD and I talked this afteroon. She's obviously conflicted. D!ck is likely her ticket to college since I'm trying to finance DS. Yes, we are applying for financial aid and scholarships. But fact it... I need some help with two in college and an idiot not only divorcing me but cleaning out every line of our credit.

I'm in a weird predicament here.

I told DD to stay strong. To enjoy the moment of visiting the college. That we'll work something out. And if D!ck and Bimbo get into it again, to tell him to leave the room. That overhearing makes you uncomfortable.

She already hates to hear of his "new" life -- especially when he brings up his newest puppy.

She told me to find a boyfriend who will be a dad to her and especially to younger DD. Makes me cry.

J
J
Hi HH-

As a former college prep (AP) teacher and someone who has helped 5 family members apply for financial aid for college, I have a couple of helpful bits of info to share:

Have your DD fill out her fafsa to make sure she is eligible for scholarhips.(make sure to go to the real "Free Application for Federal Student Aid" site at fafsa.ed.gov. The fafsa.com site wants you to pay them for filling out the "free" info.) Even if she doesn't qualify for Federal Aid, the fafsa has to on file at the college to release scholarship money. Plus, you never know if she may qualify until you send in the forms.

Then, have her sign up with fastweb.com.

Fastweb is a scholarship search site. She will fill out lots of random information-such as if any of her family is a union member; was on the Mayflower; is of Italian-Irish-whatever-descent.

She will have a password and login that sends scholarship information to her email address. When she logs in, she will be "invited" to consider purchasing something-such as a Readers' Digest subscription. All she has to do is click "No thanks" and fastweb will take her to her scholarship possibilities. The "invitation" is how fastweb stays a free service.

There are all kinds of scholarships out there. There are some standard ones that everyone receives, such as the "L. Ron Hubbard Science Fiction Writers" scholarship...or whatever, but there are lots of others.

I've seen 2 for 1 scholarships for twins if they go to a certain college (don't remember where) to scholarships for being left-handed. Even if the scholarships aren't worth much at the get-go, they can add up. It's worth looking at.

Hope this helps-

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

C
C
Originally Posted by Holyheart
Seems D!ck and Bimbo were fighting on the phone last night, and DD was sitting right there. It really bothered her. She said Bimbo was jealous that he had taken her on the trip.

Oh my goodness....you mean things aren't all wine and roses in affairland? Could it be that it isn't the ONE BIG HAPPY family that D!ck thought it would be? Could it be that D!ck now has to choose between Bimbo and her kids and his own kids?

Hmmmm, imagine that.......

Hint: I think they call it "reality"....

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

H
OP Offline
H
DD made it back alive. She shared a few things -- D!ck bragged that Bimbo is SOOOO positive (yeah... that's why she was jealous that he took a trip with his daughter).... HH is trying to drag this out and take all his money (like there is ANY money left), and he wants to disappear to New Zealand and start a new life (beware LilDoggie -- if my geography is right).

In Karma news -- he backed Bimbo's new car into her house. Oops!

Today I met with my attorney who's getting madder and meaner everytime we discuss D!ck. He mentioned "Life's too short" to take on a "loser" case, and that when some people sit across from him and start telling their story, he sees the retainer fees going higher and higher. I said "so you regret taking my case?" and he says "Hell, no! You deserve justice after all the crap D!ck has put you through, and I'm going to make sure you get it!!"

Then he says as I'm leaving his office "This is the worse case I've seen in my 30 years of family law. The guy is plain crazy."

That scares me. And earlier, he reminded me to change my locks and to guard my paperwork.

And his game plan? He's putting in an order for attorney fees to cover several depositions since D!ck has refused to produce documents under a subpoena. He plans to depose D!ck. And....and... DEPOSE BIMBO.

He can justify questioning Bimbo since she used our credit cards while we were married, and monies went to her business and her household.

I better hold on for dear life. When D!ck gets wind of this, he will come looking for me. Protect me, Dear Lord!

K
K
I'm not one for forgiveness. I'm more one for a baseball bat.

Maybe I should come visit? twoxfour

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
H
OP Offline
H
Yes, Karmasrose. Now is the time to be driving that big ole bus to Cali. Got your license yet?

L
L
Depose Bimbo??? PRICELESS!!!

dance2 Happy Dance!

C
C
Originally Posted by Matlock
"Hell, no! You deserve justice after all the crap D!ck has put you through, and I'm going to make sure you get it!!"

He plans to depose D!ck. And....and... DEPOSE BIMBO.

"Exxxxxxxcellent" - Monty Burns

He just has to find a way to ask about the "Money Shots".

"Miss, (holding up an 8x10), is this your va-jay-jay?"

"Sir, (holding up a wallet size), is this your thumb?"

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
C
C
Originally Posted by chrisner
Originally Posted by Matlock
"Hell, no! You deserve justice after all the crap D!ck has put you through, and I'm going to make sure you get it!!"

He plans to depose D!ck. And....and... DEPOSE BIMBO.

"Exxxxxxxcellent" - Monty Burns

He just has to find a way to ask about the "Money Shots".

"Miss, (holding up an 8x10), is this your va-jay-jay?"

"Sir, (holding up a wallet size), is this your thumb?"

Chrisner, you kill me dude! rotflmao rotflmao

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

C
C
And it's about @#$$%% time that the twigs under your atty's a$$ ignited!

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

P
P
In Karma news -- he backed Bimbo's new car into her house. Oops!

rotflmao rotflmao That's because he's gotten so used to going backwards!!

Deposing Bimbo... do you get to help your attorney devise the questions? You know, ANYTHING goes in a depo, there's no judge there to rule on the objections.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
Originally Posted by PM
Deposing Bimbo... do you get to help your attorney devise the questions? You know, ANYTHING goes in a depo, there's no judge there to rule on the objections.

Matlock to Bimbo: �Is it true you have uncontrolled flatulence during sex?�

K
K
We all know Matlock would HAVE to call her a jack@$$ first before questioning...

Yes, I'm 20 and I love watching the show. So sue me. rotflmao

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
Page 42 of 76 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (whwh747474), 473 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation