Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Ok He hasn't done anything
I snoop like crazy
haven't seen anything going on
can account for all his time...

My Question

For no reason at all I will start thinking about his A
get all depressed
it might go on for a day or 2
then I am fine again.

He will start asking what is wrong
I say nothing
Don't want to do any love busters
being he hasn't done anything...

he has been back home for 10 months tries really hard to make me happy..

Has this A made me crazy ?
Will this get better with time... God I hope so.

Was wondering if this is how it has went for you out there...

L
L
Sunshine:

Here's your problem:
He will start asking what is wrong
I say nothing

Why? A LB would be: "I was thinking about you and the POSOW!"

And invitation, and the O&H route, would be to say: "I fall into a funk thinking about your A and the things that were happening, and things are better now, but I am still troubled by them...."

And then let him help you out of your funk...

Discuss what is troubling you. Flamingo and I STILL discuss things, even 4 years past Dday.

My job is to help HER feel better and to address her concerns, whatever they might be. And if she is down, then I try to find out why, and if possible, help her to feel better. Maybe it was something I did, or someone else that is making her down. But I am her friend. And not afraid to talk to her....

LG

Wow Sunshine, so glad you posted this. You sound exactly like me. I think this A has driven me crazy. I do the exact same thing. I haven't found any evidence, but it hits me and I get depressed. I still feel the need to snoop, can't see myself not snooping right now. I guess this all is going to take some time.

When my H see's me falling into these moods, he ask what's wrong, I hate to even answer because I know it's going to start something. I just want all of these feelings and memories to go away.

I keep telling him that I refuse to get played again, just not gonna let it happen. So I'll probably snoop the rest of my life, and I know that's not good. Since the A, I haven't been the same and never will be. My prayer is that I become better with time and not bitter.

"Never get in a bed if your name isn't written on it"
S
OP Offline
S
I have tried that
And he gets upset

saying

he will hear about this till the day he dies

said he will be on his death bed and I will be going on about it to him

So I have been trying to not bring it up

S
OP Offline
S
26years
I am glad to see I am not alone here

I was starting to think I was crazy for doing this or feeling this way..

I snoop every day
a way of life now...

Like I said he hasn't done anything
he will be fine
and it just pops into my head
and my mind is off and running And want to bop him in the head twoxfour

Then it will pass and I am fine for awhile...

Amen sunshine, you are not alone. Will this nightmare ever end? I no longer say I'm living one day at a time. It's now I'm living one minute at a time. I can be fine one minute and feel rage and resentment the next. God help us!

K
K
I feel the same way about my w. I try to snoop but never find anything. I have not seen the om and figure I am better off for it. I still have images. It's been less than 2 month since the A. The funny thing is it was my w who claimed that I would have the A. My 1st w had an A om me too and it just makes things worse. I'm 54 and cannot believe I am going thru this crap again. My w has agreed to all my terms but it doesn't make any easier. I still get very angery about it all especially when we are not together. She is worried about me having revenge s. I saw her snooping thru my emails. I have nothing to hide and have no plans for rs.

S
S
You guys are definitely not alone. I've seen no direct evidence of any contact in several weeks, and she tells me it's over.

But, she still hasn't addressed boundaries or behaviors that put her in the situation to begin with. I've got that growing feeling in my gut again that she's contacting him, but she's pretty smart and could be deep underground.

On top of that she's not even half-hearted when it comes to recovery. Still in the "I don't know if I even want to try stage."

Now I'm just terribly sad and dwell on where we are every day. Hardly a minute goes by that I'm not thinking about our situation, what she's doing or not doing, and how things are going to end up.

I've told myself (and her) that I cannot endure one more round of discovery. If I find it, it's straight to plan B (I didn't tell her that). So, one part of me doesn't even want to snoop too hard, because I don't want to have to follow through.

I'm kind of in a defensive plan A. I'm doing my best to meet the EN's that she'll let me, definitely avoiding LB's, and hoping that she'll come around.

Meanwhile, I'm also giving her enough rope to hang herself with. The drinking, the going out or to friends houses several nights a week, the time away from the kids is all being documented daily. If it comes to divorce I'm going to fight for the house and primary residence for the kids. This kind of information could help me make my case.

It's not that I think about the affair itself all the time, I think I could get past it if I knew for certain it was done. It's the uncertainty that is unsettling. That, and the fact that it's hard to be happy, loving, and caring to a person that doesn't really want to be around you anymore.

Last edited by schtoop; 03/29/10 03:01 PM.
L
L
Sunshine/26Y:

I will repost what I said, in case you didn't read it:
Why? A LB would be: "I was thinking about you and the POSOW!"

And invitation, and the O&H route, would be to say: "I fall into a funk thinking about your A and the things that were happening, and things are better now, but I am still troubled by them...."

And then let him help you out of your funk...

Discuss what is troubling you. Flamingo and I STILL discuss things, even 4 years past Dday.

My job is to help HER feel better and to address her concerns, whatever they might be. And if she is down, then I try to find out why, and if possible, help her to feel better. Maybe it was something I did, or someone else that is making her down. But I am her friend. And not afraid to talk to her....

Did you notice where I stated that I STILL talk about it. When ever she needs to. Do I get upset? Yes. I do.

BUT I CAUSED THIS.

So, I address her questions/concerns/fears, etc.

Is she still troubled? Oh yes. I have chopped off her arm and she still has that "phantom feeling". It will never really "go away"

And yes, I expect to take it to my grave as well.

And if your WH is so defensive, then IT IS HIS PROBLEM.

Don't want it to be a fight on your part, then stuff your emotions. like you have been. Then, think that YOUR going crazy.

Your WH has you right where he wants you now.

So my original advice still stands.

Learn how to address it in an O&H Way. And if you can't, then maybe you should divorce him.

Ask anyone HERE who has recovered thier marriage from an Affair using the MB Methods. They will tell you that thier spouses are FORMERLY wayward. Not "since I am not talking or screwing another person, I'm not wayward" wayward.

And my wife can snoop on my anytime she wants. I hand over my cell phone whenever she wants, she has my passwords.

THere is not secrecy, there is privacy. But not secrecy.

Yes. It IS possible.

O&H starts it.

And it starts with YOU.

If he asks whats wrong, TELL HIM.

If you can't get to that, then, why bother being married....

LG

P
P
LG
Learn how to address it in an O&H Way. And if you can't, then maybe you should divorce him.

They are not married, therefore ... no divorce.

Well I am married.

S
OP Offline
S
For me it took a lot longer then 2 months for me to calm down...

It is getting better over time
But It still pops into my mind more then I wish it would rant2

Funny you saying she checked your email

I got on this morning to see mind was into my email
I like you could care less
I have nothing to hide..

I had put some of the stuff I have read on here in my saved folder
seen he read them

He was acting a little off this morning
Know why now...

He gets upset
He think because I read this stuff
I just keep it going
I have no idea why he gets bent about it...

S
OP Offline
S
Ty
You are right
I will have to start telling him why
I am upset...

we are not married
I am very upfront about that
have good reasons I can not be..
We have been together 11 years now...
wanted to make sure you knew that..

The advice I get here helps just as much as if we were

S
OP Offline
S
26 years I wanted to let you know this
Some had thought he was living here not paying his way
I knew he wouldn't do that as he didn't do that before he moved out...

Sat He went to Sam's club with me I go once a month stock up big time being I don't like to go shopping so buy meats for the month and so on...
He paid the 489.00 at Sam's
And gave me a check for 300.00 for this month...
I said you really don't have to pay for everything
He said I am paying my way....

I wanted to let you know....

S
OP Offline
S
Not Married have been together 11 years
All was good except for the last year while dealing with my daughter on drugs

He is trying to have this work here
It is me that can't seem to keep it out of my mind
I have snooped and snooped
can't find anything since our last talk about NC

He even emails be a few times a day from work to show me he is there...
If I am not on here and he doesn't hear back from me right away
He will go out for a smoke and call me
Ask me if everything is OK...
And calls me on his lunch every day...

I hate the feeling sometimes that I feel Obsessed with this
No matter how much he tries...
I have my OK days then my bad days

I
I
I am so glad you poseted this. I have been wondering teh same thing about myself! things will seem fine, and then out of hte blue, wham! some thought about some piece fo the affair just hits me so hard. I keep wondering if I will ever get over it...

Me-BW-40
DH-WH-45
3 kids
D-Day 10/19/2009
Original Post
S
OP Offline
S
It is getting better for me
I can get through the day now
I was having a hard time just doing what I needed to do during the day..
I am glad that now I get done what I need to clap

I might think about it but it doesn't get me down the way it used to...
Think it just takes time....
And him working at making things good here helps much...
I know I will never forget it
It is learning to live with it... And move forward....

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 1,065 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation