Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 51 of 57 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 56 57
_
_

Fred:

Great story. I can hear the gnashing of teeth. Can only imagine the conversation between repo man, who hears it all the time, and the Leopard.

Larry

K
K
Just watch any episode of Op Repo with a woman RO in it.

It's freaky. They scream and yell and plead, as if that is going to make any difference. Repo man is here to get your car and has heard it all already.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
M
M
Originally Posted by _Larry_
Fred:

Great story. I can hear the gnashing of teeth. Can only imagine the conversation between repo man, who hears it all the time, and the Leopard.

Larry

Should've put a voice activated recorder on the repo man.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
karmasrose #2349679 04/06/10 11:23 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by karmasrose
Repo men. You gotta love 'em.

I know this is just a show; but with Operation Repo, a recurring line they use is "If you give us the key you can get your stuff out."

So hopefully, some of the Leopard's stuff was left inside, too! stickout
Not much, according to the repo man. Some CDs, papers and stuff. Quite obviously nothing so important to her that she would bargain for.

and I hate her taste in music.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
_
_
Fred, I've been following your sitch and have to tell you how happy I am for you to win this little victory. Enjoy it. You have earned that ride on the beach my friend.

-SOL
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by markos
I doubt it would have been very entertaining.

The Leopard is not a Histrionic. Rather, she takes a steely, squinty-eyed, slow-burn-to-anger stance. Almost haughty and superior.

And yes, the repo guy was a large, tattooed, bearded truck driver (actually, a very pleasant and amiable guy when I spoke with him -- I guess it all depends on which side you're on).

I'm not sure I'm very interested in learning about their conversation (the Plan B aspect, after all). If he offers information I will listen to be polite, but I'm not going to ask for details...

St. Francis of Assissi
M
M
My brother and I retrieved his car from his xW (before they were divorced but when she filed rather than stopping her affair with a guy from another state (he dumped her when she let him know she was single, BTW).

We got a set of keys made by the dealer, drove into this quiet neighborhood at about 10:30 one night. This is the kind of place where the cops were called when a strange car came onto the end of the block, dead end street, almost a gated community.

Slipped into the lot at the apartment building with the lights off. I made my way to the car, opened the door with the key for the door, slid into the seat, put the key in the ignition and...found out that she had lost the key and had a new ignition lock installed.

So the NEXT night we were back armed with the tools of the trade. I popped the lock, slipped in the dummy and were were on the road. A block away I realized the gas gauge said "E" which on this kind of car meant "Walk."

Rolled into the station a mile down the road on fumes, drove the car home (to my brother's place) and called the cops to tell them we had the car. She'd already called by then. Car was in his name. Officer Collins thought it was humorous.

In fact he hired my brother and I to retrieve a car from his xW few months later...

Mark

_SOL #2349684 04/06/10 11:32 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by SickofLimbo
Fred, I've been following your sitch and have to tell you how happy I am for you to win this little victory. Enjoy it. You have earned that ride on the beach my friend.
Thank you, SoL. And back at'cha.

This is the final string that ties The Leopard and me together.

Oh, I imagine there will be some residual fallout (I've written my lawyer alerting her that there may be flames emanating from her inbox in the morning). But now there is absolutely nothing left. She can say, do, go, scr*w anyone and anything she wants to. I'm done.

Come to think of it, she's been scr*wing herself for quite some time...

St. Francis of Assissi
M
M
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
I doubt it would have been very entertaining.

The Leopard is not a Histrionic. Rather, she takes a steely, squinty-eyed, slow-burn-to-anger stance. Almost haughty and superior.

And yes, the repo guy was a large, tattooed, bearded truck driver (actually, a very pleasant and amiable guy when I spoke with him -- I guess it all depends on which side you're on).

I'm not sure I'm very interested in learning about their conversation (the Plan B aspect, after all). If he offers information I will listen to be polite, but I'm not going to ask for details...

Yeah, I didn't figure it would've seriously yielded anything. Just trying to be funny. smile

Have a blessed Plan B/D!

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
F
OP Offline
F
Have a blessed Plan B/D!
Thanks for the reminder, markos.

I remember the final exchange between my soon-to-be ex-stepdaughter and me the day of the final move-out:

STBXSD: (Sneering) Fred, have a good life.

ME: I have a GREAT life.

That hasn't changed. Hers, on the other hand, is circling in the whirlpool of the toilet.

St. Francis of Assissi
Miller: A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Otto: You eat a lot of acid, Miller, back in the hippie days?
Miller: I'll give you another instance: you know how everybody's into weirdness right now?...

-"Repo Man", 1984.

-ol' 2long

_
_

I remember the final exchange between my soon-to-be ex-stepdaughter

Sins of the mothers passed on the next generation of users.

Larry

_
_

Uh Mark, is there something you want to tell us about a past life.

So the NEXT night we were back armed with the tools of the trade. I popped the lock, slipped in the dummy and were were on the road.

Did you work your way through college as a repo man? Are you large, bearded and tattooed. grin

rotflmao

Great story though, especially when the cop hired you. Did you get any referrals from him?

Larry

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Mark1952
(he dumped her when she let him know she was single, BTW).
A premonition. History is about to repeat itself.

Any takers?

St. Francis of Assissi
_
_

Which would mean she would revise her personal narrative so she could hook another one. Make note that as she ages, her market value will decline to the point where her bait will only attract bottom feeders.

Larry

F
OP Offline
F
Which would mean she would revise her personal narrative so she could hook another one. Make note that as she ages, her market value will decline to the point where her bait will only attract bottom feeders.
An observation I made to my daughter last night. Her looks are fading, she can't make babies, she doesn't work, has no credit and isn't a trust fund baby.

At some point, "Mr. Happiness" is going to be a toothless wino, and the two of them will spend their days scraping 7-Eleven parking lots for discarded lottery tickets.

St. Francis of Assissi
P
P
An observation I made to my daughter last night. Her looks are fading, she can't make babies, she doesn't work, has no credit and isn't a trust fund baby.

At some point, "Mr. Happiness" is going to be a toothless wino, and the two of them will spend their days scraping 7-Eleven parking lots for discarded lottery tickets.

Toothless Wino? I know the perfect man for your STBXWW!

Me BH 49 WXW 50
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by PSUBIKER

Toothless Wino? I know the perfect man for your STBXWW!
I had your story in mind when I posted that.

St. Francis of Assissi
K
K
In fact he hired my brother and I to retrieve a car from his xW few months later...

This is so funny. Good job, Mark!

T
T
Sounds like you need to get the locks changed.

tl

Page 51 of 57 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 56 57

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 465 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation