Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
My sis sits next to FOM in band prac (where I met him) every week. She never ever mentions rehersal or him because of the situation.

Mum saw conductor of band the other week and he was telling her how he didn't understand why I wouldn't go back and how much he needs me there. Both Mum and conductor know about the A and the reason why - i explained to both of them in my attempt to end the A.

Anyway this convo that mum had comes up with me and my sis and sis drops in "he's up to it again"

I know, I know, far too much and I should have put my fingers in my ears and gone "blah, blah, blah" but I am concerned for both the girl and his wife.

She is his boss and also plays in the band. Sis is very perceptive - she says that they're trying to keep it really really cool but after watching me for 20 months she has them sussed. She is even younger than me - he is now 52. Sis compares his technique to a paedophile grooming a child.

Yes, I am concerned for her but also I am very concerned for his wife too.

I know for sure that my sis won't get involved. Is there anything I can do?

M
M
Originally Posted by staytogether
My sis sits next to FOM in band prac (where I met him) every week. She never ever mentions rehersal or him because of the situation.

Mum saw conductor of band the other week and he was telling her how he didn't understand why I wouldn't go back and how much he needs me there. Both Mum and conductor know about the A and the reason why - i explained to both of them in my attempt to end the A.

Anyway this convo that mum had comes up with me and my sis and sis drops in "he's up to it again"

I know, I know, far too much and I should have put my fingers in my ears and gone "blah, blah, blah" but I am concerned for both the girl and his wife.

She is his boss and also plays in the band. Sis is very perceptive - she says that they're trying to keep it really really cool but after watching me for 20 months she has them sussed. She is even younger than me - he is now 52. Sis compares his technique to a paedophile grooming a child.

Yes, I am concerned for her but also I am very concerned for his wife too.

I know for sure that my sis won't get involved. Is there anything I can do?

First of all, the conductor and your mum both know why you're not coming back. That should not be a topic of discussion.

Item #2: Make it clear to your sis that the FOM is dead to you and that his name should never be spoken in your presence again.

Item #3: You have nothing but speculation going on, here. Your sis is speculating that these people are having an A. This is not your concern, and you wouldn't even know it if Item #2 was being respected.

Item #4: If FOM is dead to you, then he is engaging in no activities as far as you're concerned. Do not get involved in this.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

S
S
Tell your H, let HIM make the decision of what HE wants to do and you stay out of it.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
P
P
Is there anything I can do?

Yes, there is.
First, thank God you still have your family.
Second, make certain you are an exemplary wife and mother.
Questions?

S
S
NC means NC. Please tell your sister and mum how potentially damaging it is to your M for her to even mention OM's name. Even this could fog you out.

God's Blessings,

Say

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
S
S
Originally Posted by StillHereMakingIt
Tell your H, let HIM make the decision of what HE wants to do and you stay out of it.
I don't know about this.

If my H came to me with this info, the questions that would come to mind are, why does he care WHAT FOW is doing? Why is he discussing FOW? Honestly, I think it would cause a setback in our R.

Please listen to the others ~ set up very clear boundaries with anyone you know that still has contact with OM that you want to know/hear nothing to do with him AT ALL. Please.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
Ditto, ditto, ditto.

The FOM is dead to you, don't concern yourself with him in any, way, shape or form.

I know i would be highly pi55ed off if my h came to me and said anything about the FOW and would probably wonder if there had been contact.

And tell your mum and sister you do not wish to hear ANYTHING about the FOW ever again.

S
OP Offline
S
General consensus then is to do nothing except reitterate NC to sis and mum.

It's hard.

I was the victim of a crime many mnay years ago and I didn't report it. It really bothers me that because I didn't report it there may be many other victims out there and that I could have stopped their pain.

Would you not want to know if your H's were still messing around? I'm quite sure you wouldn't want to know from me. But surely his wife should know?

S
S
Yes i would want to know if my H was still messing around but certainly NOT from his FOW........

And you should not concern yourself with him at all.

M
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Is there anything I can do?

Yes, there is.
First, thank God you still have your family.
Second, make certain you are an exemplary wife and mother.
Questions?

Yep, this is exactly right.

Also, next time mentions that person or related circumstances (including the band) to you again:
* ask them to please change the subject, if you haven't asked them before,
* leave if they persist in talking about it
* if they ever do it again, do not see them ever again unless they come to you with an understanding of what they did wrong and they never do it again

Got that? Noone ever talks to you about that person or the band ever again. Ever. Not even your mother or your sister. If they keep doing it, you drop them from your life. Even your mother or your sister. Got that?

Last edited by markos; 04/08/10 02:57 PM.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
General consensus then is to do nothing except reitterate NC to sis and mum.

It's hard.

I was the victim of a crime many mnay years ago and I didn't report it. It really bothers me that because I didn't report it there may be many other victims out there and that I could have stopped their pain.

Would you not want to know if your H's were still messing around? I'm quite sure you wouldn't want to know from me. But surely his wife should know?

Surely you wouldn't suggest that she make it her personal mission to keep tabs on xOM for his loved ones? Based on speculation, to boot?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

V
V
Originally Posted by StillHereMakingIt
I lean towards this.

For 2 reasons.

One, the reason that ST mentioned, wouldn't you want to know if your H was cheating???
I would have loved someone to tell me, A LOT sooner than when I found out.
The perfect scenario would be for ST's sister mentioning it to FOM's wife, therefore leaving ST completely out of it and with no knowledge of it.

Two, where I am right now in R (1yr. 4months but I don't just mean where I am in the timeline),
I would be comfortable in contacting FOW's H prolly and giving the heads up. What is done with that info would then be up to that H.
I don't feel that it would set me back.

I'm adding a third one ..... I can't stop all adultery, but I can do my best to protect BS's.

I might feel different if I was actually faced with this, at this moment, it seems like the right thing to do.

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

G
G
She is even younger than me - he is now 52

There is something especially disgusting about old men who prey on the emotionally vulnerable using their years of experience to unfair advantage. So he has grandkids as old as your children, must have no sense of empathy whatsoever.

I agree with letting your H take action, the fact that he is doing this with another young lady means he needs to be taught a lesson. This isn't a church band is it?

Gamma

K
K
I agree with Still. I think you should inform your husband, in the spirit of RH - this could be construed as skirting close to breaking NC and he should know. It is also his right to know that your mother and sister are not quite on board with the strict boundaries that need to be in place concerning ALL knowledge of FOM. But I don't think you should indicate in ANY way what you think HE should do with that information. At some level, your wanting to inform indicates "caring" EVEN IF it is directed at his wife, because in some way it connects to your ongoing DISGUST at him. You want to feel INDIFFERENT to him, not any other kind of emotion even if a negative one.

IMNSHO: It is not your job or your obligation to concern yourself with FOM's BS. It takes your focus away from your recovery.

Last edited by kerala; 04/09/10 06:44 AM.
N
N
ST,

Do what Pep said.....

Also, I too think you need to tell your H. While you didn't seek out this information, he should know that you have it. If your mom or sis mentions it to him later and he finds out you already KNEW this, it will set you back. He will wonder what else you are keeping from him.........

As far as doing anything, the answer is NO, NOPE, NaDA!!!!!

{{{{ST}}}}

I'm sure this update knocked you off kilter a bit......

P
P
I am very concerned for his wife too.

Somehow, this remark doesn't sit right with me.
I am way more concerned for your husband.

P
P

Doesn't sit well with me either. My first thought was where was the concern before? Maybe her BH would think the same.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M

Yes, I am concerned for her

She's not a victim, though, right?

You weren't, either, right?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
S
S
Originally Posted by princessmeggy

Doesn't sit well with me either. My first thought was where was the concern before? Maybe her BH would think the same.

I agree as well. ST this is just not something you should even be THINKING about much less be concerned about. It is just not a good thing period IMHO.

V
V
by Still Crazy ...... It is just not a good thing period IMHO.

And I agree, all the more reasons for the FOP to be far, far away with no ties to the FWS.
The fact remains that ST has been made aware of FOM's continuous actions.

ST, I'm glad that you brought this to the board to get some clarity.

I hope by now that you have told J that your mom and sis spoke of FOM.
What he decides to do with that info, if any, is his.

I strongly agree with repeating to mom and sis that you do not want or need to hear anything about FOM/band in the future.

Thinking more about that, had my FWH's family mentioned OW in any way, I would be so terribly hurt.
To me, they would be underestimating the damage that the A caused to me and my M.

Also, not honouring my FWH's request of not mentioning the OP, would be thoughtless and disrespectful to our R.

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 667 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation