Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
bea16 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Just a poll to see if I'm being unreasonable.

1. As a BS (or FBS) would you ever attend the wedding of an affairage?

2. If the answer to #1 is anything but an unequivocal no, would you attend the affairage wedding of a man (or woman) who either slightly enabled your WS's wayward activities or at least was aware of minor instances of them and said nothing to discourage WS?

3. If the answer to #1 is anything but an unequivocal no, would you attend an affairage wedding that took place only three months after the last of numerous d-days stretching over 18 months?

So you know, H has dropped his request for me to either attend with him or at least to let him go alone. The wedding would have required us to travel quite a distance and to stay in the same hotel with the small wedding party for three days. puke

In my current fragile emotional state I am still sane enough to realize that there's the slightest chance that I might be unreasonable in my stance.

Bea

Me BW 48
FWH 49
D-days: too many to keep track of, but last one on 4/3/10
L
L
1. My H wanted to attend the wedding of an affairage, which occurred about a year after the BS died of cancer.

I refused to go.

2. If I knew for sure that one of my H's friends had enabled my H's cheating, I would treat them as if he was dead and would certainly not attend any wedding.

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
_
_
1. No
2. No
3. No

-SOL
S
S
Ditto with Limbo's reply!

God's Blessings,

Say

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
P
P

No way in hello.

2. If the answer to #1 is anything but an unequivocal no, would you attend the affairage wedding of a man (or woman) who either slightly enabled your WS's wayward activities or at least was aware of minor instances of them and said nothing to discourage WS?

No way in hello.

3. If the answer to #1 is anything but an unequivocal no, would you attend an affairage wedding that took place only three months after the last of numerous d-days stretching over 18 months?

No way in hello.

Last edited by princessmeggy; 04/12/10 01:23 PM. Reason: removed hanging quote

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
On second thought. I'm going with Princess meggy's reply. smile

God's Blessings,

Say

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
P
P
She had me at the word "affairage". No other explanation necessary.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
_
_
Originally Posted by saynomore
On second thought. I'm going with Princess meggy's reply. smile

God's Blessings,

Say

Me too!!

-SOL
M
M
1. NO

2. HELL NO [just send a package of BACON as a wedding gift grin]

3. HELL NO

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H
1. Is this a joke

2. Is this a joke

3. Is this a joke.

I would only attend if one of them was being served on a platter.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
C
C
I would go if I could bring my potato cannon.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
N
N
1. NO!!!!
2. NO!!!!
3. NO!!!!

Originally Posted by bea16
In my current fragile emotional state I am still sane enough to realize that there's the slightest chance that I might be unreasonable in my stance.

Bea,

I do not think this is the "sane" part of you asking this. I think it is the "insane" part, the one that has been lied to, gaslighted, and snowed for months on end......It's the part of you that is listening to the wailings of their not-so-unfoggy WS.....

Stand for your beliefs....be STRONG AND FIRM...This does not have to include any of those nasty LB'S but done lovingly and firmly....

not2fun

M
M
Hi Bea,

I know you asked specifically for BSs and FBSs to answer, but I hope you won't mind a FWS answering as well...IMO, a true FWS's answers won't differ from those of a FBS's answers on this - in fact, I think if they do, it's a serious redflag

Originally Posted by bea16
Just a poll to see if I'm being unreasonable.

Absolutely NOOOOOOOOOO WAY...The thought sickens me more than I can express to you...

Originally Posted by Bea

Bea, *I* have cut those people out of my life. I KNOW they did not have my best interests at heart at all - Anyone who is not a friend to my marriage and family is NOT a friend of mine period.

Originally Posted by Bea

No way, no how to any affairage - NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER!

Bea, being moral is NOT being unreasonable. I agree with your stance completely.

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

H
H
If anyone is interested, they could attend my XWH affairage with PP in Vegas in october.

Please bring rotten eggs, potato cannons, spray paint, and matches (plastic melts). twoxfour

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
M
M
Triple No for me.

However, if I did go, I'd probably think of something special to say after priest asks if there is anyone present who knows of a reason why the two should not be joined in matrimony (evil grin)...

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
M
M
I have to agree with everyone else

1. NO
2. NO
3. NO

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
S
S
Originally Posted by princessmeggy

No way in hello.

No way in hello.

No way in hello.

Sorry PM, but you said it so eloquently. NO WAY, NO HOW.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
G
G
NO!

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
B
bea16 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks for all the responses. I agree with the sane/insane comment too!

In H's defense, he knew my problems with the groom and his very minor role in the horror that was H's infidelity.

It had not occurred to him, however, that the fact that it is an affairage would be so profoundly disturbing to me. doh2 It is tax season, so I should cut him a little slack.

Bea

Me BW 48
FWH 49
D-days: too many to keep track of, but last one on 4/3/10
S
S
I recently attended a comedy show in Ft. Worth. The comedian asked a woman up front a little about herself, and then asked her if the man next to her was her husband. He said he was. The comedian asked how the two met. The woman lowered her head and covered her face. (Now, you KNOW my little body language eye caught this right away, and I told my friend that they were having an affair when they met - and my friend says, NO WAY). The man said, "I was her obstetrician, and I delivered her children. Then I ended up marrying her." Long story short, he and his patient had an AFFAIR - this patient was also a nurse at the hospital where the two of them worked together. Lovely.

It gets better. Later in the show, the comedian chooses a man from the audience and talks a little to him. He asks him if the lady with him is his wife. Same thing - wife covers her face. This couple met as neighbors, both were married to other people, and divorced their spouses to marry one another. Affairage.

So, if they are so freaking PROUD of it, why did the women cover their faces?????

It was an automatic response on both women's parts. Nobody knew anything before their men spoke. Their men didn't have to even reveal anything, and could have skirted the issue, by answering that they met "at work", or "in their neighborhood". But they were compelled internally to reveal the sin, and the women were immediately compelled to cover their faces, KNOWING THIS WAS GOING TO BE JUDGED.

So.

Would I go and give my blessing to an affairage?

Gee. Considering how these "happily married" people act when they are merely asked how they met.............the pain and anguish they must endure within their souls each and every time this very simple question of life arises?

I think they deserve the torture. There is a part of me that says, YEAH, let them get married and then let EVERY PERSON THEY MEET ASK THEM HOW THEY CAME TO BE MARRIED!!!!! I would love to be the fly on the wall to watch them squirm. Talk about justice.

But would I attend the nuptuals? Nope. This ceremony is given so that the people who support the union are there specifically to lend their presence for that blessing.

I don't.

But dang, I sure would love to take them to that comedy show, and make sure they sit in the right seat to get called on. dance2

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation