Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19
T
T
hurray

C
C
Very very good news you are going in the right direction. Im all verclempt....talk amoungst yurselves....

Grats

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
W
wife_02 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
And I thought I had a large vocab...I had to look up verklempt!

So much peeling...where am I under all this peeling? Yoo-hoo, are you in there...nothing yet.

Me FWW 30
BH 37
DD 2006
Daughter 7
Son 2
Trying to make amends for the huge mess I made.(If you knew Hubby you'd know what I mean by try)
_
_

Ummmmm. . .

How about hug

Sounds like progress. Good for you both.

Larry

C
C
I did shed a tear when you said Hubbys lovebank was overflowwing..

Are you taking care of his diet? I will haunt you about this.

There will be a test next week.

You might need to be the one who lays down the law on this for his own good.

He can eat right, (around 2000 cals I would guess for him) And have more energy than he ever thought possible. I was 30 yrs old, 5,10, 185 lbs. and worked construction plus a full time job. I fel t strong and tons of energy without the jitterys-ness of caffiene, fat , and sugar. This is my gift to him and to you also.

You are what you eat and you become what you think..

Get his diet under control and it will bless both of you.

Take it seriuos now.

God bless you two.

Me 56 Former BS
4 children
Me former BS
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
W
wife_02 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I have discovered the art of roasting veggies! I have roasted potatoes and asparagus and I was wondering if this can be done with frozen veggies...I just have this thought that frozen veggies would turn out soggy.
Anyway, he has an appointment with a nutritionist this week and I hope to learn quite a bit so I can better cook for him. I can't wait for the Farmers Market to start in this area so I can get lots more fresh veggies! He can have between 2000 and 2500 (I think that's right) I know I can have around 1500-1800 a day...I swear that 1800 for weight loss is so wrong, but when I am trying to lose weight I exercise like a crazy person, so I guess it balances out for the calorie burn. Anyway, I am trying hard to get the diabetic diet down and his sugar is almost normal it has been in the 160s and the doc wants it in the 120s. I can't help but wonder if that's his normal is. With his weight that's another issue. I know his normal would be considered overweight because of his build. If you have ever seen Big Show from WWE, take 6 inches of height and 100lbs away, that's my hubby!. The first time I saw Big Show I did a double take...he looks so much like him(if you've never seen Big Show, just do a google search). If my hubby was in the same shape as the wrestler I don't think a person could tell them apart if it was just a shot of them neck down. Yes, I am bragging about my hubby!!! I wuvs him so much!! flirt

So much peeling...where am I under all this peeling? Yoo-hoo, are you in there...nothing yet.

Me FWW 30
BH 37
DD 2006
Daughter 7
Son 2
Trying to make amends for the huge mess I made.(If you knew Hubby you'd know what I mean by try)
C
C
I just remember when the kid on the bernie mac show called him from bernies phone. lol No wait ..That was triple H

I met Sgt Slaughter once in front of a recruiting site in conn., back in 88.
Those guys are Large. I have big hands for a short guy, (5'9" now, used to be 5'10"1/2 but ya shrink as you age), but his handshake was impressive. As the look of genuine humanity in his eyes. I was thanking him for supporting the troops.

Sounds like you are moving foward 02, what is the most cool is that you are both enjoying each other and thats what its all about. I hope you guys enjoy the books and grow together as it seems you are on the right track.

His Doctor and nutritionist are the best judge of calorie count for him. What is in the calories is also important for everyone. I can see you know this I just wanted to encourage you to explore all the angles to your new calorie counting venture.

A couple of links for dieters

http://www.booklounge.ca/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780609807620 Robert Haas. (The scientist not the poet) wrote a book in the 80s that when I combined his wisdom with counting calories made me the best fed diabetic and what was most surprising I felt better than ever.

To deal with the cravings I am currently looking for help with Dr Daniel Amen. who also uses diet and is teaching how to reduce cravings to lose weight. Here is a link to his clinic and homepage.
http://www.amenclinics.com/clinics/getting-started/
I have watched him on PBS and he seems sound. I spent the big bucks for his total package on
"Change your brain,Change your body."
He is a real Dr. who works with all forms of mental illness and has the science to back him up. He prefers natural supplements, therapy and removing the sources of negative thinking as the way to health and happiness.

Last edited by SortedSomeOut; 04/20/10 05:51 PM.

Me 56 Former BS
4 children
Me former BS
DSs 26 and 23
W
wife_02 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I went to Dr. Amen's site and I put in hubby's info and it says he need to eat almost 5000 cals to maintain his weight....I know he doesn't eat that many cals!!! But it said he need to cut 500 which he would need 4398 and that sounds like a ridiculously high amount! It told me in order to lose weight it said over 2000 for myself.
A doc once gave him a diet to follow and it was only 1800 cals. Who is right???

Me FWW 30
BH 37
DD 2006
Daughter 7
Son 2
C
C
Like I said I got by working two jobs with 1,500 calories a day. But that was me then.
I think that the site for Dr Amens stuff list my cal intake high also. I was really more interested in his ":Brain type, craving type" diet hints.

Its gonna take some time till you get all the ducks in a row but till them go with what the nutritionist says.

Me 56 Former BS
4 children
Me former BS
DSs 26 and 23
W
wife_02 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
According to one of the screening tools, my brain has a lot of problems and I have more than one eating disorder. It's so hard to call it an eating disorder. Those words just sound so dirty to me. But I guess I need to call it what it is. I can't seem to kick sugar, it has become an addiction I guess. Well, it's to the point where I feel like I HAVE to have it. I've tried to kick this habit before and every time I seem to kick it, it comes back with a vengence. May be I could have a one on one session with a counselor, I don't know, I just know I think I need help.

Me FWW 30
BH 37
DD 2006
Daughter 7
Son 2
C
C
sweet things like aspartame and sacarine trigger sweet tooths too. They work like appatizers lol what a rip off huh?

Me 56 Former BS
4 children
Me former BS
DSs 26 and 23
W
wife_02 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Ahh, the diet pop!! My sweet tooth didn't come back with a vengence until I started drinking it!! No more! No more drugs er I mean sugar!

Me FWW 30
BH 37
DD 2006
Daughter 7
Son 2
C
C
its wise to realize food can be abused also and has druglike effects on us.

Shirley MCclaine was qouted on saying although I don't know where it came from originnally, "We are what we eat and we become what we think".

Last edited by SortedSomeOut; 04/28/10 05:56 PM. Reason: added quote

Me 56 Former BS
4 children
Me former BS
DSs 26 and 23
Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation