Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 39 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 38 39
T
T
"Credits to Dude007"

Where is Dud(e)007?

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Actually, before I leave everyone alone, I wanted to say my bit.
I am extremely grateful for anyone who spent time posting. I am also very grateful for the information that this site provides.
Affairage or not, the problems that I had in my relationship lead to my partner being deeply dissatisfied with our relationship and combined with the fact that I ensured that she had every opportunity to feel the need for some attention elsewhere, I am as to blame for our problem as she was. The fact that we weren�t married and the fact that technically I had dumped her at the time really means I am crying over spilled milk from a bottle that I tipped.
I did have a hard time getting over what has happened and as the situation was slightly more sinister than initially thought, should not be bleating at all and should just lend support should she need it.
My lovely wife has done everything in her power to ensure that she does nothing to create mistrust. We have an entirely open relationship when it comes to communication and we follow the �love bank� and many of the other wonderful areas covered on this web site.
I take offense at people condemning my marriage and make no bones about it. I also make no excuses about the fact that I was still married when we met, all be it just legally. No one will really know what went on behind the front door of my marital home and as such the misery that I endured for many, many years seems to have been discounted. No excuse, I failed and hold my hands up to that. I should still be married to my first wife and still be miserable, but I took the view, and so did she that we have but one life and we were not meant to be together for all of it. Sad, especially for the children, but true.
What I would like to point out is that in the eyes of the man who started this whole MB phenomenon, any marriage, however it starts, deserves the same respect and is treated the same way.
What I see here is many failing or failed marriages that started in a more �traditional� way, and as such, just because the two people in question we legally single at the time of their meeting, doesn�t guarantee anything it seems.
I realise that my thoughts on this are unpopular, but they are not meant to offend. To be told that I deserve misery and in the case of Tom that I deserve a sh$t life is bang out of order and only serves to secure my opinion that there can be some serious damage done here to others by others by applying some curious opinions to their posts.
I am not the first to have had problems in a relationship and certainly not the first to have found it difficult to forget an infidelity, however it came about. I am also not the first person to have found love the way that I did.
I know of many happy marriages that started the way I did, and actually more unhappy ones that started traditionally.
I am not condoning affairs and obviously don�t like even the thought of them, but I never came here to talk about affairs, I came about my obsessive thoughts about a one off drunken incident and what had lead up to that.
I think I have received enough advice now and am grateful for it all. I only popped back after a three month break to see what was going on and got embroiled again in the rights and wrongs of the start of my relationship.
I am blessed to have a superb wife and wonderful children as well as a wonderful marriage�or whatever you want to call it.
Thanks again.
Bingo

M
M
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
Originally Posted by bingo
42 .
Never written this before . Thanks for the support though.

I dont know about that bingo. You should read this thread from the beginning...its like the bermuda triangle and deja vu mixed...Like the same things being written over and over again. Do do do do, Do do do do....The twilight zone thats it! laugh

But I keep falling for it so I only have myself to blame. grumble

I'm thinking 'Groundhog Day.'

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

S
S
Yes, Maritalbliss, thats it!!! I guess it will keep happening over and over until bingo truly gets it.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
G
G
Can someone please post the Readers Digest Condensed version of the following?
ok, ok !
I was married many years ago and divorced. Some months after I had moved out, tried counselling and everything else available we called it quits. Thats my ex wife and I, to save confusion. We had kids and that was hard, but it was mutual with no particular angst and we get along fine now as distant friends with a common interest in our children. About six months after I left my marital home and after all options were exhausted, I met my current wife. We did not get together properly until my divorce was final some months after we met and I suppose, if memory serves me, that would have been about 11-12 months after I left my ex wife.
I hope that clears that up. I regret that my marriage failed, I was very young and not in love, and certainly not in the marriage frame of mind when my girlfriend announced that she was pregnant. At age 20 with little worldly wisdom I thought that it would be honerable to stick by her and be a father and husband. We had many more downs than ups but a couple of years later contraception failed and my second son was born. No regrets about that.
Cutting a very long story short, I had another house that I lived in for 7 of our 10 year marriage for a good portion of the time to give my children some sort of "family life" but there were years, and i mean years where we didn't sleep together (sex wise) and I became a father and provider and a reasonably loyal, but extremely lonely husband.
Enough became enough and we decided that we would seek advice and that didn't work and as such we decided quite amicably to divorce so that we could both get on with life. I was 30 at the time.
So, cut to recent years.
I met my current wife as described above and was not really terribly clever at traditional relationships. I was controlling and, to be honest, a bloody idiot for the majority of our relationship. I avoided marriage even after we had had two children and basically treated my partner like a door mat. All of my actions are described in past posts. I was a complete bast@�d.
Cut to 2008 Dec 28th. My wife wished to attend a family party and as usual I objected to us all going. She dragged the kids along without me and as such I was home alone. I had one of my "moods" and finished the relationship as I had done on countless occasions and told her to stay at the party and stay over night and I would pack her bags. She was heartbroken and for the first time since I have met her drank alcohol. Not only did she drink, she got completely drunk.
Feeling lonely, dejected, rejected and generally confused, she ended her night by kissing a very, very distant step relative who was also drunk and took a kiss to mean something entirely different.
My wife (then partner) admitted that she had kissed the guy and that things had got out of hand, but was odd about details and certainly very upset by the whole thing.
We had a great deal to discuss and without going into vast and well known detail, we worked out our issues and have been very happy since. BUT.......I was unsure of her motives and whether there was more to her ONS. I was convinced that there must have been more to this and that for her, to do such a thing, totally out of character must have meant that she was hiding something.
I did the usual. Checked emails, phone, movements etc etc. Nothing. I then suggested a lie detector test. She agreed.
When she told her story to the man doing the test, he said that it was his duty to report the matter as rape as she was not willing to do anything other than have a kiss and the whole thing one sidedly got way out of hand. She stated that it was not rape and that she would answer any questions regarding the evening in question and wanted that to be the end of it. She passed all of the questions including whether she wanted a relationship with the guy, whether she wanted sex and whether she had been unfaithful at any other time.
So, we had a bit of muck to clear up, but for all intents and purposes we had truth and a clear picture of what happened.
I obsessed and felt that something was not right and eventually, quite recently was faced with the reality that he had been slightly more forceful that my wife (now) ha let on, and that she did not wish to cause a family rift because of it.
She eventually wrote a statement to state what had happened and we are in the process of deciding what charges to press, if any as this would really throw a spanner in our very harmonious life.
We have been married for 16 months and this, even though the guy only managed to enter her for a split second, has played on my mind, which is why I came here in the first place.
The man in question, when I exposed the fact that i knew about the events admitted that my wife (then partner) wanted nothing more than a kiss and he was a little "excited".
My trouble is that I keep playing it over in my head. Not so much now, but when I first came here it was damaging my sanity. I couldn't believe that my wife would do such a thing and that there had to be more to it, and more commitment on her part, but in truth I am dealing with an entirely different animal to the one I came here for.
My gripe was that I was lambasted almost instantly for the way I met my wife and that help seemed to focus on that for good or bad. That still seems to be the case in parts, but there you have it. The truth.
I hope that answers all.
peace

Seriously, I was completely lost by the third paragraph.

I guess I just ain't smart enough to follow something this complex, y'all.

Oh, and Bingo, your in nthe UK?

Also, where is my DEMANDED apology for the pain I have suffered reading this thread?

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Yes I am in the UK

K
K
Young and not in love. Then why did you create a baby? Use more than one method of birth control. 99% stacks up better with even the 60% or less methods.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I had used protection. All bar one of my children were conceived whilst protection was being used. Why the issue ?

G
G
Yes I am in the UK
Ahh, thats part of the problem your having here, culture clash. Most posters here are traditional U.S. types, slightly different and more Conservative culture.

Are you Atheist or Agnostic?

Originally Posted by karmasrose
Young and not in love. Then why did you create a baby?
Actually, to me this is a good question.
Why did you decide to create a child?

Me 34
WW 30
G
G
I had used protection. All bar one of my children were conceived whilst protection was being used. Why the issue ?
What form of contraception where you using?

Hope?

Me 34
WW 30
B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
No, the pill. If you are about to insult the life of my children as well as having done so to my wife then may I suggest politely that you post elsewhere you judgmental bigot.

P
P
Buh-bye.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
It truly is amazing. You have all either committed adultery or are a betrayed spouse and as such your marriages have been tarnished by infidelity. Because mine started technically in a similar vain, then now my kids, wife and entire life are questionable.
Who exactly is not getting it here ?

S
S
All your children but one were born using protection? What are the odds of that happening? You should of learned after the first one, eh?

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
There is 20 years between my first and last child. I cannot guess how many times I have had intercourse over that period of time, but obviously, bar one planned child, all have been conceived unexpectedly. No regrets on my part, I adore them all !

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
and gack, I am not religious in any way. and yes, there is obviously a culture difference.

V
V
I don't know why I keep reading this thread, but

I also make no excuses about the fact that I was still married when we met, all be it just legally.

Excuse, right after you said you made none. Justification for how you started your affair - boohoo the divorce process took to long.

THAT is what people are trying to get you to see. You own your stuff with one hand and deny it with the other. But if after dozens of posts, you still don't get it - you won't.

Me & DH: 28
Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
Just Lookin' and Learnin'
HIYA!
S
S
Yes, Yes, Yes....the justifying....He doesnt get it. If he just ended the sentence after the word "met", but he just cant do that. He has to justify every single mistake.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I am not justifying anything. I was married when I met my wife. OK !!!
You have absolutely no idea what lead to that point. best not judge it for that reason.
I had tried everything to try to create some sort of existing marriage with my ex wife but had failed. Some marriages are not saveable, even the good Dr. Harley states that. I was one of those and it was completely mutual. That is not an excuse. Of course in an ideal world I would have been long divorced before meeting my current wife, but that was not the way it happened. I was asked out by plenty of women during my divorce proceedings but refused. My children were the centre of my world, but when I met my current wife, it was too powerful to ignore, for both of us.
Terrible timing, deeply regretable for that reason, but just the truth.
My ex and I have always just got on like old aquaintances and made sure the kids are good. So much so that we agreed a 50-50 split of there time and that has been the case ever since. No argument, no tears, no bitterness. Just acceptance that we tried and failed.

S
S
More excuses, you couldnt just end it at OK !!! could you?

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Page 28 of 39 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation